Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WarZ is now on Steam! What are your thoughts on it?

WarZ is on Steam now. Its a very very good zombie MMO. Not as hardcore as DayZ...WarZ is more arcadey...but so much better. Didn't like how hardcore DayZ was, so it wasn't really my type of game.  Plus to do anything in DayZ took so many hours. WarZ you can just hop on, play and have fun, and accomplish a lot. Plus, zombies don't spaz out and run at 100 miles per hour. Melee is very good as well, it actually feels like melee combat...not whatever the other melee is supposed to be. The map in WarZ is going to become huge too...a bit small now, but its still early in development.

Highly recommend getting it...its cheap (cheaper since its on sale)...don't have to pay anything afterwards. And most importantly, its a lot of fun. Also, WarZ actually takes care of hackers, and doesn't let them just sit on the servers hacking...so that is pretty much a huge benefit.

If anyone is playing it, let me know the server you are on. It allows more people per server than DayZ (which is listed here on MMORPG.com), so its more of an MMO. DayZ its like 50 I believe, WarZ it goes up to 200.

Here is the Steam link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/226700/

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194

It's not a very good anything sadly.

Don't waste your money.

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

It's a PvP Gank fest where the Zombies are more of an Obstacle other than an objective

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Originally posted by Giddian

It's a PvP Gank fest where the Zombies are more of an Obstacle other than an objective

Zombies are done way better than in DayZ, which everyone seemed to like. Not really different than how DayZ is. And DayZ is even worse, because zombies don't even work in that game.

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

Zombies are done way better than in DayZ, which everyone seemed to like. Not really different than how DayZ is. And DayZ is even worse, because zombies don't even work in that game.

DayZ is a mod.

This is a full game, you'd think that the zombies would serve more purpose in a game, no?

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381

Yeah, DayZ was a mod, and a proof of concept alpha.   Not a produced game.

In quite a few of the original Zombie movies and their canon, the zombies, while dangerous, were second fiddle to the interpersonal conflict and the breakdown of society in the face of catastrophe.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Originally posted by Arglebargle

Yeah, DayZ was a mod, and a proof of concept alpha.   Not a produced game.

In quite a few of the original Zombie movies and their canon, the zombies, while dangerous, were second fiddle to the interpersonal conflict and the breakdown of society in the face of catastrophe.

That is even true (from what I've seen) of The Walking Dead. They play a part, but...again... from what I've seen...it more deals with people and conflicts, while zombies just play a 2nd part.

A zombie game would be boring without conflicts and threat of bandits and other people. I can play left 4 dead if I want a co-op , pure zombie game.

I do have one negative, and that is you can buy weapons at the cash shop. But I haven't spent any money, and have earned all my items by killing people and finding them in the world.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Of the 8 people I know who have purchased this game, zero are still playing.  It is just a FPS PVP gankfest.  The only difference between this game and War Inc is that in this game, you start with nothing and have to find a gun while other people shoot at you.  The zombies dont even factor into the gameplay.  I am glad I purchased the lowest priced version.  I also dont understand how they call this an MMO.  It is just like COD or BF3 with a very limited number of players per server and nothing to do but shoot people.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

That is even true (from what I've seen) of The Walking Dead. They play a part, but...again... from what I've seen...it more deals with people and conflicts, while zombies just play a 2nd part.

The difference is, in the Walking Dead, EVERYONE they meet is not shooting at them.  There is no reason NOT to shoot other players in this game and there is nothing else to do BUT shoot people.

I would like to find a good zombie MMO where people worked together to build defenses and fight off hoards and the occasional bandit party but sadly, this game has none of that.  You run around and if you see someone you either shoot or run.  You cant build things, you cant move things.  All you can do is look for weapons and shoot people.

It should also be noted that this game went from alpha launch (october 15th) to release in 60 days.  That should tell you something right there.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Well I had a look at it..

100 players per server, think i will stick with ps2 and its 6000 cap
  • BalverineBalverine Member UncommonPosts: 12

Think you got that mixed up, cause WarZ zombies don't work for shit. Animal AI coded Zombies in DayZ work tons better than WarZ Zombies have ever been, and will ever be.

Also enjoy thinking any of those features you read on steam or anywhere are right, which none of them are (like how you pointed out the player limit. HA!)

Originally posted by Balverine

Think you got that mixed up, cause WarZ zombies don't work for shit. Animal AI coded Zombies in DayZ work tons better than WarZ Zombies have ever been, and will ever be.

Also enjoy thinking any of those features you read on steam or anywhere are right, which none of them are (like how you pointed out the player limit. HA!)

In DayZ, zombies get bugged in houses...warp all over the place...can't shoot them at all, because of how frantic and buggy their animations are. 

At least WarZ, zombies move smoothly and actually work properly.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    This game is a cash grab, it's so damn clear considering they are just picking systems and content w/e they can from other games. Not illegal but I wouldn't trust such a developer personally.
  • WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Well I had a look at it..

100 players per server, think i will stick with ps2 and its 6000 cap

Last time I looked they don't even have 100 player servers.  They tried 70, too much, I tink most are 50 players max now?

Personally I wouldn't waste my money on this game.  I guess if you liked War Inc, go for it, it's very similar to that, except with zombies.  I will be waiting for the Day Z stand alone game.

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

One of the WORST programs (i don't say "game" it's far from that )  i've tested ( i don't say "played" cause it's far from that) in 2012.

My personal advice to all : STAY away from this "program".

Bug and gankfest mixed with cheaters and of course no anti cheat program in the game. 0/10 rating image

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

I don't have a problem with it being on Steam, but it's absolutely appauling that they're advertising this as a full game with features that aren't even in the game yet and possibly might not ever be. Though what else is new? The company behind this game are as sneaky and slimey as they come.

So many people are going to buy this game and jump in.. only to realize it's not finished and no where near. image

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Horrible and bot/hack/cheat ridden.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Personally i think steam is going to hell with low quality games but.. Hey, who am i?
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    i like how the screenshots dont represent the game in any way shape or form in terms of ai or animations. They hint at a game far better than what warz actually is. Posed screenshots should be banned for false advertising imo.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• KrashnerKrashner Member Posts: 137
    I do have one negative, and that is you can buy weapons at the cash shop. But I haven't spent any money, and have earned all my items by killing people and finding them in the world.

I actually don't mind that for this type of game. If someone really wants to spend money on a gun and tons of ammo, more power to them since I can kill them and be armed to the teeth without spending a penny in the shop. I'd probably have a player with a vendetta against me, but that's the nature of full loot pvp.

• RabbiFangRabbiFang Member Posts: 149
    Any self-respecting adult will wait for DayZ standalone. This is a disgrace made by liars. 
  • spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by RabbiFang
    Any self-respecting adult will wait for DayZ standalone. This is a disgrace made by liars. 

DayZ wasnt better in any way. And I dont think the standalone will be any better

Both are a pvp gankfest

Zombies? whats that?

Im hoping this will be better http://undeadlabs.com/about-state-of-decay/

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

I like in dayz that yu can make fires, kill animals for food, etc... Warz just another shooter and loot game from what i have read. Anyone care to enlighten me? I like an indepth game, which of these 2 are more indepth with lots of features/actions to do (collect water from a well not a bottle, kill and cook food, etc...)

I want one, but honestly after reading all this i dont know if i should.

• RabbiFangRabbiFang Member Posts: 149
    Originally posted by spawn12345
    Originally posted by RabbiFang

DayZ wasnt better in any way. And I dont think the standalone will be any better

Both are a pvp gankfest

Zombies? whats that?

Im hoping this will be better http://undeadlabs.com/about-state-of-decay/

Of course DayZ was better. It was a unique idea and a good implementation, considering the limitations faced by it being a mod. 

WarZ on the other hand was created in just a few months as an attempt to cash in on Rocket's success with the mod. 

Whilst I'm not a fanboy (I don't even play DayZ any more), I'm almost certain that the DayZ standalone will wipe this off the map. Why? Better organisation, better funding, better developers and an actual passion for the genre. 

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Just a crappy studio trying to quickly capitolize on someone else's success. (read DayZ's success)  Craptastic game, from a studio that puts out utter garbage.  Nothing more, nothing less.