Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Beta Still Targeted to Start Tonight, ETA Inside

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

On an official post from Aventurine's Tasos Flambouras, it looks like DF:UW's beta will start tonight after a bit more of a delay.

We're putting the build together right now. We're giving up on replicating the bug we were talking about, we gave it our best shot but we haven't been able to so far so we'll launch with it and deal with it later.

Sorry this has taken so long, we had been working on launching this early for a change, but last minute things always pop up. A safe ETA is around 2 hours, but the effort is for sooner. Apologies to the European players for the late hour.

Thanks for hanging in there.

Read the post on the official Darkfall forums HERE.

Looks like AV is burning the midnight oil in Greece, so hopefully the rest of us (those who pre-ordered) can begin testing the beta later tonight. What are you doing while you wait?

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195
    they were better to stay all night and get this going otherwise they would of killed their game.
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Finally!

Although most of our EU clan and alliance already went to bed and had given up hope. Our small selection of True Believers are pulling an all-nighter for this one.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I have seen and played just about everything ,so this game will be a tough sell.I am not interested in an aiming sim,i need some unique game play ideas or something that is just fun.

If Mr.Flambouras wants to know what is cool and fun,i can name one idea easily.

Create a sort of NPC sim,where by different creature races roam and attack cities.I guess that means i also want to see cities or at least active forts.

Inside the cities have the npc's fight as well to protect that city and make them important aspects of the game.This way players will want to protect them.

If you simply plot some random models around a game map and tell players to go pvp,that is not nearly enough to get me to play.That is like 5% of what i need in a game,actually i am not very interested in pvp at all.

Yes making some cool new graphics and some nice models looks good but that effect does not last long,i still need the game play.

If people come onto these forums and tell me there is some cool stuff to do ,content that brings players together ,then i will try the game,meaning fork over some money.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Excellent news.

I would love to get a little time in the game this evening, but I'll be happy to get it on after my morning breakfast tomorrow. For now I'll be on the forums while the g/f gnaws away at my ears with her amazing taste in TV; tonight, it's The Voice. Please hurry, AV. 

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278
    The Mayans were wrong!!!

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • deleriuzwundeleriuzwun Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Anyone having trouble patching the client?
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Lots of trouble - but there is a torrent on the DF website, and if you let the patcher keep running, it'll eventually connect and patch.
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by deleriuzwun
    Anyone having trouble patching the client?

Yeah alot of people have, its due to the server overloading. There is a torrent and a fix on the DF forums.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Kinda nice the Euro's are asleep, alot less noisy for us in the West.;)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200
    UK here so not all  euros are asleep!  
  • Ridan477Ridan477 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Still downloading...haha

Scoobin it up on the daily.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    we know they are trying taso should have just said 6 hours give or take lol
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    ....ya and the game was ready for launch the 12th??? they cant even beta the dam thing, more lies!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• rivetman13rivetman13 Member Posts: 34
    haha you dummies.. dont any of you remember the monumental fail df1 was? hehehe
  • ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by rivetman13

Of course we remember.  If df1 had been a commercial, critical success and fairly bug free it wouldn't have needed to be taken offline, characters wiped, bugs fixed, and beta tested again, for the NGE version of it.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    lol good news. But I am still struggling to download this. Torrent seems to be working OK though
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Originally posted by manaia36
    lol good news. But I am still struggling to download this. Torrent seems to be working OK though

After you install the torrent file if you're lucky you will be able to patch some nonsence if you are allowed to. Took about 10 minutes for me to get the update. Then it should say 'patching complete".

Then go to sleep, wake up tomorrow and wait some more.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    I logged into the game and it was just as bad as the first time I did. Derpa derpa

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Originally posted by rivetman13

^

people love wasting money lol

They even say "we are going to launch with a critical bug because we dont know how to fix it yet"

Anyone thats excited about this wonders why all these garbage mmorpgs are being made. Cause you all keep feeding them your moneys lol

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• ThaliostThaliost Member UncommonPosts: 104

raapnaap writes:

Finally!

Although most of our EU clan and alliance already went to bed and had given up hope. Our small selection of True Believers are pulling an all-nighter for this one.

lol did you wait more 6 hours for them to launch the beta?

Immortals [EU] - Darkfall Clan: http://immortals-online.eu/

Read my "funny" DF1 blog: http://casualdarkfall.blogspot.com

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

FPS: 0  MS: 17.999

UNPLAYABLE!

• LeviathonlxLeviathonlx Member Posts: 135
    They made the decision to not get the game easy after I saw what they did to the Mahirim.