Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update Beta ETA TO BETA 2 HOURS

We're putting the build together right now. We're giving up on replicating the bug we were talking about, we gave it our best shot but we haven't been able to so far so we'll launch with it and deal with it later.

Sorry this has taken so long, we had been working on launching this early for a change, but last minute things always pop up. A safe ETA is around 2 hours, but the effort is for sooner. Apologies to the European players for the late hour.

Thanks for hanging in there.

can wait 2 hours Tasos. I will go lift for now. 

Comments

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269

Man i can't believe it. Almost 1AM here in the UK, was hoping to give it a go tonight but honestly im glad ill be sleeping while the Americans ravage the servers. Means when i wake up i can give it a go before work in peace (assuming the server still exists after being stress test).  For now though; 

• DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96
    ^ Lol by tomorrow the server will already have been easily brought to its knees like a cheap cuban hooker.
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    2 hours huh

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by TheJoda
    2 hours huh

Thats 6-24 in AV speak.

• imjonahimjonah Member UncommonPosts: 19

You ever get the idea that hese guys are in way over there head?

Instead of a staff of 5 programmers, developers an customer service people this whole game is being done by like 5 guys working out of some apartment.

Originally posted by imjonah

Instead of a staff of 5 programmers, developers an customer service people this whole game is being done by like 5 guys working out of some apartment.

I think youre confusing AV with SV.   Aventurine has over 50 employees and $millions in backing.

• MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278
    Originally posted by imjonah

Sorry to break it to you, but that was 10 years ago, Aventurine has a big stuidio with a badass "Aventurine" sign on the building, 60ish employees and counting.  10 millions went into creating the first game, much more into creating the 2nd game.  They're not as small as many people think.

Still, compared to other giants in the industry, they're babies.

DARKFALL DEVELOPER CREDITS

Executive Producer:

Zad Mehdawi

Associate Producers:

Tasos Flambouras
    Spiros Iordanis

Lead Developer:

Kjetil Helland

Lead Design/Producer:

Claus Grovdal

Art Director:

Henning Ludvigsen

Executive Team:

Zad Mehdawi
    Tasos Flambouras
    Claus Grovdal
    Kjetil Helland
    Spiros Iordanis
    Erik Sperling Johansen
    Henning Ludvigsen
    Ricki Sickenger

Lead Programmer:

Kjetil Helland

Lead Server/Network Programmer:

Erik Sperling Johansen

Lead Tools Programmer:

Ricki Sickenger

Senior Engine Programmer:

Rasmus Bording

Senior Gamelogic Programmers:

Lars Erik Liljeback
    Erik Sperling Johansen

Senior AI Programmers:

Mirco Sanguineti
    George Passalis

Senior GUI Programmer:

Michael G. Belivanakis

Senior Tools Programmers:

Thanos Nikolopoulos
    Erik Sperling Johansen

Senior Programmer:

Chris Mamounis

Senior Web Programmer:

Manolis Benetos

Additional Web Programming:

Alexander Megalokonomos

Lead World/Lore Design:

Bjorn Tore Oren

Senior Game Designer:

Trond Evanger

Game Designer:

Adam Oikonomopoulos
    Kjetil Helland

Lead Artist:

Henning Ludvigsen

Senior Animators:

George Dionysopoulos
    Roman T. Tassios
    Constantine Krystallis

Additional Animation:

David Saber

Senior Artists:

Jon Hughes
    George Dionysopoulos
    Roman T. Tassios
    Constantine Krystallis

Artists:

Fotis Tsantilas

Additional Art:

Nick Deligaris
    Kostas Diamantis
    Costas Pateras
    Jonny Ree
    Natascha Roosli

Lead World Builders:

Vagelis Velegrakis

Worldbuilding;

George Ballas
    Nick Kasolos
    Sotiris Michas
    Kosmas Papadopoulos
    Natascha Roosli
    Bjorn Tore Oren

Additional Worldbuilding:

Panagiotis Grigoropoulos
    Giorgos Gyftopoulos

Quality Assurance Manager:

George Ballas

Quality Assurance:

Paraskevas Grigoriou
    Tassos Vourexakis

Audio Engineer/Sound Designer:

Panagiotis Kouvelis

Assistant Audio Engineer:

Mary Sitara

Music Composers:

Vanias Apergis

Voice Actors:

Duncan Skinner
    Panagiotis Kouvelis
    Margarita Kouveli
    Faye Rigopoulou
    Lida Psihaki
    Jo Lightance
    Minas Ganotidis
    Periklis Fotiadis
    Panagiotis Papageorgiou
    Mary Sitara

System Administration:

Alexandros C. Couloumbis
    Erik Sperling Johansen

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Millions in backing, yet they constantly fail to meet deadlines, and blatantly spin the truth to their advantage.

So much for a 2 hour eta on beta. we passed that deadline. no surprise.

Originally posted by Nevulus

Millions in backing, yet they constantly fail to meet deadlines, and blatantly spin the truth to their advantage.

Get over it, launch isnt until January. image

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    I admit that as a casually interested onlooker, I am intrigued by the simple fact that I have never read this much raging from a niche market game audience regarding a beta delay before. It makes me wonder if I should try it out to see if I end up as hooked as the rest of you. I mean there must be some redeeming qualities to the game and company to engender this much "RAGE 2 PLAY."
  • AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    I admit that as a casually interested onlooker, I am intrigued by the simple fact that I have never read this much raging from a niche market game audience regarding a beta delay before. It makes me wonder if I should try it out to see if I end up as hooked as the rest of you. I mean there must be some redeeming qualities to the game and company to engender this much "RAGE 2 PLAY."

The game, yes. The company, not so much. ;)

Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

Join us in Forumfall. image

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70

Dunno bout you guys but its gonna be WORTH IT to play ahahahahahaha!!! No Pleasure without Pain! 

You pvper's should already know...

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by Hancakes

slow down playboy, pls dont take out your nerd rage on me. It's just a game, but hilarious to watch the company fumble deadlines at every opportunity.  :)

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166

slow down playboy, pls dont take out your nerd rage on me. It's just a game, but hilarious to watch the company fumble deadlines at every opportunity.  :)

personally i love the fact they pushed it back to jan....gives them more time to fix things

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Kind of gives a whole new dimension to "waiting" for DF:UW.

Good luck, and hope it works out once it gets fired up.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    What a mess!  I don't think AV will ever be voted best Gaming Company.
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Who cares how big of building, how many employees...they fail over and over at deadlines.......in most other jobs that many fails =fired!!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354

January, I can believe it.  I can believe it because you didn't mention which year ;)

Originally posted by TheJoda
    Who cares how big of building, how many employees...they fail over and over at deadlines.......in most other jobs that many fails =fired!!

When games can reach critical and commercial success with 1-2 people working on the project total, and darkfall NGE has over 50, possibly over 60 people and can't reach seemingly any deadlines at all... there's a problem with them.

Perhaps eventually we will see their "do-over" come to life and possibly contain the bugfixes for the original version.

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    None of you are going to give a shit once it does release so just be patient and wait.  
  • Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    None of you are going to give a shit once it does release so just be patient and wait.  

^ This.

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195

Wrong... the compagny is the big shit behind the scene of tghe game we plplay. Like i don tplay any game from sony and EA anymore due tot he crap they did, Aventurine is right netx to this. Of course, I knew about allt he crap that was going to happen sicne I was in DF1 beta and on launch but damn I didn't expect them to fail so miserably today. This was such a shame on them. They're just ruining more and more their reputation and killing the game sklowy but surely.

We may not care how delayed it was, so long as the nice staff at the nursing home lets us use the computer by that time, but we sure will care about the gamebreaking bugs, design flaws, and eventually shutdown to prepare for Darkfall Reboot 3.0 2016 NNGE.

I would be wary of investing any significant time in a Darkfall 2010 character, because based on the history of the company and game franchise, it will probably be wiped to make room for the next attempt.

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by Zyzra

We may not care how delayed it was, so long as the nice staff at the nursing home lets us use the computer by that time, but we sure will care about the gamebreaking bugs, design flaws, and eventually shutdown to prepare for Darkfall Reboot 3.0 2016 NNGE.

I would be wary of investing any significant time in a Darkfall 2010 character, because based on the history of the company and game franchise, it will probably be wiped to make room for the next attempt.

I'm starting to belive that Df1 was the alpha, DF2 is going to be the beta and Df3 is going to be the final product in 10years probly.