Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] The War Z: More Than Just the Zombie Factor

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

This guy uses homophobic slurs to berate players.  I don't want to read or hear anything he has to say.

http://omgdz.com/the-war-z-producer-swears-at-players/#.UM9Wp3fk3ow

• PhayzPhayz Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by drtack1

I bought the 20 dollar founder title.....played for a month and a half. It was fun, I havent played in about a month and a half now. Going to wait for the release and see if anything gets better.

When I left the game it was pretty much just a free for all death match. There really isnt any thing in game to make people want to work with eachother so everyone just runs around shooting one another. No one teams up because there are too few zombies, and the zombies are WAY TOO easy to kill with a hammer (2-4 smashes to the head) no real percs to teaming. 

Maybe when they come out with more zombies or more challenging "boss zombies" which force people to team up and more maps I will come back to it. So far the game is cool and can be great if the devs play their cards right.

I also was really wanting the "lvling system" to come out too.....kinda redundant running round collecting stuff that will just be cleaned out come server wipe. 

I enjoyed most of the time in game.....but the hacking got really bad and it was impossible to play with people walking through walls, and super sprinting, and invisible, flying, ect, ect...

They came out with a patch that was suppsoed to get rid of the hackers....well it worked for 2 or 3 days then they started flooding the servers again. I still continued to play but began becoming less interested. I eventually stopped playing after they kept postponing any of the features they where supposed to be coming out with like friends and clans. 

I cant wait till more of the game content comes out upon release, I will def. be jumping back in to the game once there is more content!

If you played for a month and a half (Oct 15th - Nov 29th)...means you haven't played in 18 days...not that it matters, lol, just saying...but everything else I agree with, especially the fact that zombies are NOT a threat at all...they're mostly just a nuisance when scavaging, the real threat is other players. You can't trust anyone in that game.

• coltonjeffersoncoltonjefferson Member Posts: 33
    I feel like world chat kind of ruins it...
  • DeadvoltDeadvolt Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Why do I have a feeling there's going to be a class action lawsuit filed for some sort of breach of contract with these inproper bans...

Ganking? Me!? That's absurd!! I leave THAT to the lawyers!

• ZJohnnyZZJohnnyZ Member UncommonPosts: 5

The War Z as advertised misleads a lot of people, my entire clan (43) people stopped playing because it is nothing AT ALL like the advertised product. This is a generic Death match shooter.  They should just get rid of the Zombies and give ordinance drops for PVP kill streaks!

• tman5tman5 Member Posts: 604
    Originally posted by Alkore
    i was in a server with a dev and i smoked this dude who was runing through town with zeds on him . . .

This is all I need to know about the players attracted to this game.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Yup, just a case of waiting until strongholds now tbh.   no point playing and burning your free cash lol!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
          I haven't played the game but I have to admit the whole "zombie factor" is a turn off for me in games anymore.....It almost feels like these companies just think they need to put zombies in a game and all of a sudden it makes it great.
  • NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Seems like a shitty gank fest, from what I can see. If there was some reason to unify and work together to, you know, try and survive, you might be able to call this an MMO. As it is, it is just an arena DM server with some zombies that sometimes get in the way.
  • darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159

Game as it stands right now is TERRIABLE. If you're looking to buy it stay away till everything is fixed. Game is kill on site so no PvE at all. All the features they talk about are not even in yet. Also what game are they showing in those pictures because my max settings doesn't compare to that.

• kefsjuhkefsjuh Member Posts: 1

don't play the game, full of hachers and servers schutsdown.

is not a goed game .

• hugodsdshugodsds Member Posts: 1
    when the game be full releaased  it will be awesome, but now, its sux just  DEATHMATCH
  • Originally posted by drtack1

I bought the 20 dollar founder title.....played for a month and a half. It was fun, I havent played in about a month and a half now. Going to wait for the release and see if anything gets better.

You played for a month and a half and then you stopped playing for a month and a half? That is impossible. The game launched it's Alpha on October 15th this year, it's only been out for 2 months bud.

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205

I'm sorry but an 87% is very hard to believe as far as satifaction goes. I have been playing video games all my life dating back to Atari, and playing online games since Unreal Tourny and Dialo1, and this is a joke of a developement.

Great job by MMORPG with the questions, but IMO I think they lied through their teeth on this one.

All humble opinions from a long time fan of gaming.

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

the game is VERY simple..

Collecting potato chips and avoiding players who kill you on sight gets old quick.

not a lot to this game,.  it needs way more social systems, and more to the game than just walking from town to town collecting food and killing anyone you happen to walk past.

Just not a very well made game. sadly.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• kazeenkazeen Member UncommonPosts: 13

The game was Fun at some points during the alpha if you could find a low pop server without anyone using hacks. 

The recently banned what they said was over 2000 hackers, but  most of those people were not the ones using hacks. They just picked up one of the bait traps that the devs setup on roofs and such. Since jumping into a roof can throw you onto a roof sometimes. 

Theirs tons of videos and screenshots to support this, not to mention the Streamers who got banned while stream for doing nothing other then playing the game legit.

So we are at the foundation release now even though the features that were promised to be in are not their. Skills, vehicles, friends sytem, The whole map.

This map is nowhere the size they said it would be.

The game is still full of bugs. You cannot refresh servers list. Inviting people to your clan is almost impossible. Rocks sound like water,metal and other random noises. Walking on rocks or hills can lead to death. Jumping into windows or inside some buildings throws you onto roof or into the wall, been around since launch still have not fixed it. Instead used it as bait to try to catch no clippers. Still cannot load ammo into some guns after using a C-mag.

Plus tons of other bugs.

These Stronghold servers are just a small map. Just gonna be putting people into a smaller sandbox to kill each other.

The game has potential, if hammerpoint opens the private servers up soon, before they lose all their followers with all the lies and controversy that seems to surround them. 

• kazeenkazeen Member UncommonPosts: 13

Forgot to mention this game is not an MMO, why is it even on mmorpg?

Just because they label it an mmo does not make it one.

It has 0 features of an mmo.

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

its sad to think that WarZ may be a waste :<

i really liked it the first few times i played it. i was having real fun with my friends :3

then i got tired of dying from survivors rather than zombies ><

not scared of zombies ingame, more scared of people which is sad *pout* =3=

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• ChrillixChrillix Member Posts: 3
    I've been playing since October 15th, and all of those screenshots are completely doctored. None of those zombie situations would EVER happen in-game. Surprised MMORPG is aiding in all the false advertising of this game.
  • EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145
    Never spent money in Stolen Idea's and cheap ripoffs , you always regreat it as those makers are only in it for one reason, a quick buck for aslong they can keep the hype going.
  • StoneJackalStoneJackal Member Posts: 15

Okay the idea was not stolen, survival vs zombie mods are a lot older than DayZ (if anything DayZ stole the idea from others). Second, the game is fun, yes you die a lot, sometimes to hackers, sometimes to normal players. Its not good if you don't like to kill or be killed. You will cry. It is fun if you don't expect some AAA tittle with tons of polish. Its an alpha (with option to pay to access alpha) even if they say its in foundation release, its still a pay to play alpha. It costs 15$ to have some fun and see what is about. 

Ignore the trolls, play what you want, when you want. Lots of good videos on youtube and streamers on twitch show people can have lots and lots of fun with this game. Even with all its issues, i still log in everyday at least once.

I hate stupid people.

• biogermbiogerm Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by Marirranya

its sad to think that WarZ may be a waste :<

i really liked it the first few times i played it. i was having real fun with my friends :3

then i got tired of dying from survivors rather than zombies ><

not scared of zombies ingame, more scared of people which is sad *pout* =3=

its been going for a while here to backup just about any game that will pay mmorpg.com.

go see totalbiscuit trash this game....

this game is a pure ripoff' with no effort made to it other then nickle and dime people.

btw here is the link to TB boreZ review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKAm3nzg6I

I 3930k -- Rampage IV Extreme -- G.skill RipjawsZ 32 GB -- Corsair Force Series 3 120gb -- G.skill Phoenix Pro 60gb -- WD 1 TB Black -- Corsair H 100 -- Thermaltake Level 10 Gt Snow Edition -- Corsair AX1200 -- Asus 560 Ti Sli -- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 -- Logitech G5 -- DELL UltraSharp 2007FP -- Samsung Syncmaster Sa700 -- Logitech Z2300 -- Logitech G35 -- Logitech G600 White -- coming soon : Dell U2711.

• Dirty719Dirty719 Member Posts: 8
    I play this game daily and spent $59.99 on the legend package.  It's great to see the progress it has made since pre-alpha! great game and much more in store!
  • vile_thingsvile_things Member Posts: 5
    I wish you would ask more hard questions instead of just working your way through your cheat sheet of prepared questions.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Dirty719
    I play this game daily and spent $59.99 on the legend package.  It's great to see the progress it has made since pre-alpha! great game and much more in store!

Oh boy did they see you coming.  Nothing like announcing to the world how they scammed you.  None of the maps are close to the size they said they would be.  No one kills zombies, it is a frag fest.  Strictly a pvp game.  The game has so many bugs as to be unplayable at times and you think it is getting better?.