Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

These 2 new MMO´s will rock your world!!! Forget GW2, DF, etc...

Hello all,

In my opinion, these 2 new games (dont forget Lineage Eternal when more details will be available) will rock our world:

Black Desert - http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews/897-black-desert-online-interview

Archeage (best viewed in Chrome for auto-translation) - http://www.archeage.com/preview#trailer (after the trailer you can check all game features).

Archeage is starting this week the OBT in Korea.

Best regards,

Red

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
[laughs]
Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
[walks away]
Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
Sheldon: What?
Penny: This plasma grenade.
[explosion]
Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I wouldn't install Chrome on my computer unless I planned to format it shortly.  As for the games, I think we have distinct differences of opinions.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

I have been waiting, but Archeage is a long ways away and Black Desert is even longer.

Much time to kill until then, but these games do have potential features lists that blow away all other competitors in my opinion.

I think the biggest difference between these sandboxes and games like Darkfall is that these are actually full blown projects with AAA budgets, companies are finally stepping outside the boundaries and bringing a lot of cash with them, instead of leaving the risks to the indie developers.

• RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

I have been waiting, but Archeage is a long ways away and Black Desert is even longer.

Much time to kill until then, but these games do have potential features lists that blow away all other competitors in my opinion.

Pivotelite,

Besides everything else that is awesome what do you think about the music of Archeage?

You can change the tune on the top right half of the page, imo the music is awesome!

Best regards,

Red

[laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    [explosion]
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by RedJorge

Pivotelite,

Besides everything else that is awesome what do you think about the music of Archeage?

You can change the tune on the top right half of the page, imo the music is awesome!

Best regards,

Red

I'm excited for the open beta soon.  I don't know any Koreans, but my friend Benjamin can probably help me meet some.

I think the biggest difference between these sandboxes and games like Darkfall is that these are actually full blown projects with AAA budgets, companies are finally stepping outside the boundaries and bringing a lot of cash with them, instead of leaving the risks to the indie developers.

Fully agree Pivotelite.

The graphic engine of Black Desert just took my breath away..:)

Playing MMO´s will eventually replace watching movies on the TV..:)

There is a huge load of money to be earned by the companies that produce a very good MMO.

Best regards,

Red

[laughs]
    [walks away]
    [explosion]

Originally posted by Zyzra

Pivotelite,

Best regards,

Red

I'm excited for the open beta soon.  I don't know any Koreans, but my friend Benjamin can probably help me meet some.

Zyzra,

How I understand you..:)

I wish I could have access to the OBT of Archeage...

Best regards,

Red

[laughs]
    [walks away]
    [explosion]

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185
    none of these games will make it out of asia in time to even be relevant and end up worthless

hallo ~_~

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Archeage isn't going to be in the US for a long time.

I'm waiting to see what Titan will be from BLizzard. Though I haven't played WoW in years, the time I did play was fun, except the mindless, constant, raid gear grind. Hoping Blizzard delivers with Titan.

Black Desert does look really pretty too though.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

Hello all,

In my opinion, these 2 new games (dont forget Lineage Eternal when more details will be available) will rock our world:

Black Desert - http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews/897-black-desert-online-interview

Archeage (best viewed in Chrome for auto-translation) - http://www.archeage.com/preview#trailer (after the trailer you can check all game features).

Best regards,

Red

Think you will find that Age Of Wushu rocks your world long before any of those two games do.

Originally posted by Rimmersman

Hello all,

Best regards,

Red

Think you will find that Age Of Wushu rocks your world long before any of those two games do.

Rimmersman,

I checked it and it is a bit too much martial arts for my taste. But I agree will be a good game.

Best regards,

Red

[laughs]
    [walks away]
    [explosion]

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

Looked at both links.

I am happy that more devs/companys are making their own engines for their games(Black Desert), esspecially for their MMO's

the more the merrier. wish Black Desert all the best.

• Psy410Psy410 Member Posts: 70

I completely forgot about Black Desert Online, so for a moment this felt like my second first time watching the trailer... Thank you.

The world is beautiful, yes... I tend to despise anything that reminds me too much of conventional medieval fantasy, but this was a bit different, for the duration of the first section of the video, it was actually believable enough to make me wonder, It gave me this morbid fascination with what looked like one of the most sober representations of that period, it was great I wanted to inspect / analyze every detail of every frame under a magnifying glass. 

Then everything that I wasn't missing from other mmorpgs suddenly found its way into my screen and everything fell apart. Disproportionate humans as giants, flamboyant animeish characters, flashy colorful attack animations... more and more things entered in the mix, even frogs, then I remembered this game... and instead of being dissappointed, I was entertained in a twisted / sadistic and strangely appealing way as I continued to watch a poorly executed attempt of the bizarre trying to merge with the natural.

I came to the conclusion that I do, want to try this game... mostly for completely unexpected reasons. 

• RealPvPisFPSRealPvPisFPS Member Posts: 42
    Never even heard of Black Desert, thanks for that info I'm definitely interested in it.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
         What is so great about ARcheage??...I watched some vids on youtube and it looks like the same stuff we've seen for years....It looks like it has nice graphics, but the gameplay looked like the stale same ole same ole.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Hello all,

Best regards,

Red

No thanks, I do not play Eastern or Asian MMO's as they all inevitably end up as trash with lots of bugs, hacks and poor gameplay.  I'll stick to GW2 for now and play Neverwinter and Elder Scrolls Online when they come out.  Now those are 2 great MMO's you can sink your teeth into.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Enh... we'll see.
  • MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Yep, those are the two I"m most looking forward to. I was in Korean CB5 for AA and I can tell you it DOES live up to the hype! :)
  • VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309
    Both ffapvp games no thanks.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Hello all,

Best regards,

Red

Red,

I don't think so on either part. I bet Archage, for example, will change when it is brought over to the EU and the Americas. Why? The Koreans did it with Aion, TERA, and many other MMO's from there. We like different things so they will cater to the majority of the audience. Both games will end up being less than what they could be - it is just the facts.

Please just let the hype alone.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    I wouldn't install Chrome on my computer unless I planned to format it shortly.  As for the games, I think we have distinct differences of opinions.

First time I've seen anti Chrome sentiments...

On topic. I am looking foward to see what Archeage becomes.

• vierklauwvierklauw Member UncommonPosts: 27
    we will have the same hype like with gw2 or swtor again? really? o come on..  these game no have nothing special and new
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

I got as far as this:

All the characters are classified by different classes which are fighter, ranger, sorcerer, beast, and tamer. We are still working on other new classes. We are considering a gender lock system but we can't give you any specific details on it just yet. Also the name of the classes may change in the future.

especially the underlined part and I lost interest. Gender lock and classes spoken under the same breathe is worrisome. Now if it were race and gender lock, I'm cool with that. But I'm not fond of gender locked classes. It automatically brings to mind Vindictus. In other words, shortcuts to keep up frame rates and graphic quality.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by Venger
    Both ffapvp games no thanks.
    Archeage: Criminal system to help prevent random killings. The time and difficulty to break out of jail or do hard labor may be a good system to help prevent all kinds of mass killings. I know that some players like PvP and some don't. ArcheAge features a half-open PvP system. If a player kills another player of the same faction, he/she will get penalty points. If a player's penalty points (blood prints that appear after killing a player work as evidence of a crime which leads to penalty points) reach a certain level, he/she will be summoned to court, will receive a trial, and might be imprisoned. Though ArcheAge is half-open PvP, it is not the main fun feature. It will be developed as a game that PvE-lovers could enjoy too, while also enjoying the PvP system.

Black desert :

Q: Will this game have some kind of Player Kill system? Are there any penalties to players that enjoy PK'ing random players or penalties to players that are killed by PK'ers?

A: PK is possible but we are still discussing on how much of it we will allow. We think that it should be just right so that players don't leave the game because of too much PK. We are also considering making PK available during guild wars, so other players can PK other players who are in GvG.

Usually there is a chance to drop items when a player dies, though items that are binded on the character won't drop. We think that players losing a hard earned bind on pick up item will be too frustrating so we decided to go with this kind of system.

Neither one of these systems seems unreasonable. Its much better than 90% of the real open world full loot pvp mmo's released.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

I got as far as this:

All the characters are classified by different classes which are fighter, ranger, sorcerer, beast, and tamer. We are still working on other new classes. We are considering a gender lock system but we can't give you any specific details on it just yet. Also the name of the classes may change in the future.

especially the underlined part and I lost interest. Gender lock and classes spoken under the same breathe is worrisome. Now if it were race and gender lock, I'm cool with that. But I'm not fond of gender locked classes. It automatically brings to mind Vindictus. In other words, shortcuts to keep up frame rates and graphic quality.

It is very common for Korean MMO's to be genderlocked. In TERA, I played a female warrior in beta testing but having to ride side saddle was just odd.  There is a different sense and sensibility in Korean games and they oftern don't translate well. Same goes for EU/American games going to Korea.

• ChingoChingo Member UncommonPosts: 128

Black Desert: "...giant, hobbit, elf, dwarf, and humans..."

Oh well. Let's hope everything else is original. Looks good, though.