Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New donation goal announced 2 new mounts

2»

Comments

• EnergyoEnergyo Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by SirFubar
    Originally posted by Energyo
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

They've also said at their state before the 3-4 recent patches that they could go on for another 2 years. How? I don't know.

Link please.  Something tells me there is no such link and that is a made up statement.  A simple look at their financials would prove that to be a false statement.  So if they did in fact state that I would love to see it.

Why would I make the fuckin statement up? lol... I don't know how many times on this site I have to make myself clear that I am not a fanboy and that I have been just as critical of MO as anyone else BUT with recent changes I have been enjoying the game again and have seen major improvements.

Just because you don't like the game and you think there's all sorts of conspiracys doesn't mean that other people don't enjoy the game at its current state.

If you want people to believe you, provide source. Else everything you're saying will be base on opinion or just plain false.

Not asking him to believe me, I said "why would I make the fucking statement up?" And to be clear, he's saying "something tells me there is no such link and that is a made up statement." I'm not asking him to believe me but there's no reason for me to make such a thing up and no I'm not going to go searching for a source and shit lol, was on IRC when I read it, I didn't believe it myself and questioned it and it was confirmed by several other people. (Another edit to add) One of those other people = a GM.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Not asking him to believe me, I said "why would I make the fucking statement up?" And to be clear, he's saying "something tells me there is no such link and that is a made up statement." I'm not asking him to believe me but there's no reason for me to make such a thing up and no I'm not going to go searching for a source and shit lol, was on IRC when I read it, I didn't believe it myself and questioned it and it was confirmed by several other people. (Another edit to add) One of those other people = a GM.

I see.. so you have no source you can cite other than hearing it from a friend of a friend through a volunteer GM.  OK. 

The problem is that you came onto these forums complaining that OTHER people were giving bad information, then you give information that is extraordinarilly unlikely to be true, and are unable to provide a source or link.  OK.  You continue to believe heresay and scuttlebutt.  Fair enough and that's your option.  I will continue to believe the officially posted information that I CAN actually link you to if you so desire.

Deathshroud,   sure it could always continue as a hobby/private server concept I suppose, but aren't there licensing issues with EPIC for the Unreal Enginer?  Bandwidth?  Server Hosting?  Someone has to pay the bills...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162

I see.. so you have no source you can cite other than hearing it from a friend of a friend through a volunteer GM.  OK. 

The problem is that you came onto these forums complaining that OTHER people were giving bad information, then you give information that is extraordinarilly unlikely to be true, and are unable to provide a source or link.  OK.  You continue to believe heresay and scuttlebutt.  Fair enough and that's your option.  I will continue to believe the officially posted information that I CAN actually link you to if you so desire.

Haha owned.  

"A friend of a friend's cousin's uncle told my aunt betty that she heard from her milkman who read it on the wall in a loo that SV is on top of things!  By the way, everyone else on these boards provide misinformation..."image

• LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    this game seems to be in life support
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Am I reading this right?  They create content for the game but won't put it in unless people donate enough money.. What the hell?

As long as people keep throwing away their money, they'll keep doing it. I'm all for subscription based games, but begging for money and only putting stuff ingame if you donate is unusual.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Am I reading this right?  They create content for the game but won't put it in unless people donate enough money.. What the hell?

As long as people keep throwing away their money, they'll keep doing it. I'm all for subscription based games, but begging for money and only putting stuff ingame if you donate is unusual.

its unusual, but if the people playing it are willing to donate then so be it. So long as they are aware they are paying a monthly sub which is supposed to cover this sort of thing, then its all good.

im sure the community are glad they finally might get the content they have been asking for, but at the same time it seems wrong that content so badly needed should be added only with certain donation goals, Hopefully we see more on what the devs are working on themselves if these funds are going to outsourced developers to make content.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Deathshroud,   sure it could always continue as a hobby/private server concept I suppose, but aren't there licensing issues with EPIC for the Unreal Enginer?  Bandwidth?  Server Hosting?  Someone has to pay the bills...

Running a smallscale mmorpg is relatively cheap once you launch it. I am certain that donations and the few subs remaining would cover that cost. If they will be running it as a hobby, they won't need to pay salaries and only pay upkeep. As for the license, I am pretty sure it was a one time payment.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Toferio

Running a smallscale mmorpg is relatively cheap once you launch it.

So why is SV losing so much money every month?

• jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197

Crazy they are asking people for money when they have a game that contains so much broken content....

Originally posted by Hancakes

Because salaries?

Originally posted by jmlane223

Crazy they are asking people for money when they have a game that contains so much broken content....

that video shows nothing at all, some guy with a bow killing afks, the video is speeded up. The damage isnt described and killing a naked new player with a bow can be done with 1 or 2 hits to the head anyway.

actually you can tell that its not sped up if you look. Why are some people running in place? Obviously something glitchy is going on. Also how could he run around and avoid so many guards? Give you a little hint, I know the video is not fake and that there is a damage hack for bows :)
    actually you can tell that its not sped up if you look. Why are some people running in place? Obviously something glitchy is going on. Also how could he run around and avoid so many guards? Give you a little hint, I know the video is not fake and that there is a damage hack for bows :)

i beleive he didnt restart his client and the video is speeded up. after server downtime if you dont restart your client you become out of sync between client and game.

game is broken, hes just using the broken engine with exploiting, it doesnt show 500 damage bows. just a guy whos desynced killing noobs.

Originally posted by deathshroud

i beleive he didnt restart his client and the video is speeded up. after server downtime if you dont restart your client you become out of sync between client and game.

game is broken, hes just using the broken engine with exploiting, it doesnt show 500 damage bows. just a guy whos desynced killing noobs.

As long as we can agree it is broken.  =P

You waiting on the df2 beta release?

lol such denial, go read the server status thread on the main site. I know there is a damage hack in the game, along with a lot others
  • CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    I think you people are missing the intentions of these donations. The donations are not a "hostage" feature sort of thing but more or so a company that cannot afford to commision people to finish these said features asking for the money to pay that commision. It's been known for quite awhile now Starvault has a very small amount of developers left...
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Because salaries?

Yeah Toferio is right actually it is quite cheap to run a smallscale mmo. Just look at Myst Online. They have like no staff, the company runs it as a completely free service, they charge nothing at all and there are not such thing as subscription or item shops.

MO is probably losing money because Henrik spent it on new cars? :P

Originally posted by Celusios
    I think you people are missing the intentions of these donations. The donations are not a "hostage" feature sort of thing but more or so a company that cannot afford to commision people to finish these said features asking for the money to pay that commision. It's been known for quite awhile now Starvault has a very small amount of developers left...

I think of it like this.  MO has Molva beasts.  SV takes em out.  Months later SV says "hey, you want molva beats back?  Give us 2 grand. "  The mount was already in game before and programmed.  On this one, I have to consider it shady.  

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by Biskop
    Yeah, what happened to the first "donation content"?

Did they implement it or did they pull an SV classic - claiming it will come soon, while taking the overhype train to the next station and hoping people will forget the old promises as soon as new carrots are presented?

Thats the million dollars question. Can someone answer this one? Personally cba to install MO again to check it out myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acYGes7kH-k&list=TLDr7hr5Gyh_E first teasers of the grey halls content been shown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acYGes7kH-k&list=TLDr7hr5Gyh_E first teasers of the grey halls content been shown

So to make it a little bit clearer since i dont really get it... SV took around 2k in donations to develope "Grey Halls" whatever that is... Donation goal has being reached and next goal for whatever that is, is on. Is "grey halls" implemented yet and if not when it will be online? What is exactly Grey Halls?

I was kinda hoping for more than someone playing around in zbrush with a model..

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

It's funny that they sold this game once, and now crowdfunding it.

I hope no one donates, let it die.

Originally posted by argirop

So to make it a little bit clearer since i dont really get it... SV took around 2k in donations to develope "Grey Halls" whatever that is... Donation goal has being reached and next goal for whatever that is, is on. Is "grey halls" implemented yet and if not when it will be online? What is exactly Grey Halls?

from what i understand grey halls is some form of demonic invasion through portals (similar to obliviob gates from tes). im guessing the content is new mobs, gear and locales for players to explore with a whole global quest line to tie it together. Think eta was early january.

both donation goals have been met and the second has no eta

Originally posted by argirop

from what i understand grey halls is some form of demonic invasion through portals (similar to obliviob gates from tes). im guessing the content is new mobs, gear and locales for players to explore with a whole global quest line to tie it together. Think eta was early january.

both donation goals have been met and the second has no eta

Lets wait and see then :D