Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Buying a new desktop on the Internet.

13»

Comments

• MasterKush818MasterKush818 Canyon Country, CAPosts: 26Member

simple....if you buy a pc online...make sure it had a good power supply and reliable parts and splurge on the video card.

most of the time with retailers they give u a underpowered power supply...why...i have no idea. but dell hp and gateway all do it. im sure its so ur computer breaks and costs u more money because what isnt about money these days.

best idea. build it urself. and wear a condom...i mean anti static.

• MasterKush818MasterKush818 Canyon Country, CAPosts: 26Member
    and btw having 120 fps in a game is like buying a dode viper......everyone knows.....everyone knows...
  • jdnewelljdnewell Spring Hill, TNPosts: 2,150Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by WonderweissM

Is this a good graphics card?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150609

Or does anyone have a better idea?

Edit: This card comes with a 30$ rebate card as well.

Yeah for $179 after rebate for a 7850 is not a bad deal at all

• WonderweissMWonderweissM gvile, FLPosts: 127Member
    Originally posted by jdnewell

But is it a good card? For running games like Chivilary: Medieval Warfare, Darkfall, Firefall, War Z, and steam games...like skyrim?

• jdnewelljdnewell Spring Hill, TNPosts: 2,150Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by jdnewell

But is it a good card? For running games like Chivilary: Medieval Warfare, Darkfall, Firefall, War Z, and steam games...like skyrim?

Yes it is a very decent card.

Unless you need everything maxxed all the time it will do just fine. It will run all the games you listed on high settings or greater.

I personally have a 7870, the next card up, and there is not much at all i am not running on ultra.

• DragimDragim Boring, KSPosts: 867Member

Hey, I've been reading through your post and you remind me a lot of myself last year.  I was in the exact same boat and ended up purchasing all my parts off of newegg.  However, I had a few badeggs with components but it happens sometimes.

That aside, it definitely is fun and exciting.  Just take your time and make sure everything is compatable and is defniitely what you 100% want.

Just some issues I had (being a first time computer builder).

- Make sure your RAM fits under your Heat Sink.  I saw you asking about the RAM with the "heat spreaders".  I bought this (16GB) and it would NOT fit under my heat sink.  I had to return the RAM and suffer a $15 restocking fee.  I bought the exact same ram without the heat spreader and have been using it just fine for about a year now.  I don't overclock anything on my computer.

-Make sure everything will fit in your selected case.  Never good to find out that the beast of a video card you bought it too wide or long to properly fit in your computer case.   This happened with an old computer of mine in which I bought a new card and it would not fit.

-Be careful, read instructions and go slow.  When putting your computer together, there is zero reason you should rush through it.  Make sure everything has power, is in the right slots and make sure you don't force anything into a slot.  Newegg will replace parts, but only so many times. (Not sure about the website you are talking about).

If worse comes to worse, you can always pay a "professional" (i would go to a locally owned computer store, not best buy) to put all your parts together for you/install all your programs if you run into issues doing it yourself.

But above all, have fun, remain calm.  things may not work properly but take a breath and figure out why.  (It took me 6 months to get my computer fully running due to errors/bad parts/waiting for shipments.  But I have terrible terrible luck and everyone else I know who built their computer never had any issues.)  (I spent $1600 on my computer and right now I can throw anything at it on full settings without any lag. 250gb SSD, 2TB HD, intel i7 (k), 16gb corsair veangence, evga gforce 570, windows 7, biostar motherboard <---the PC shop recommended it, and while it works, I wish I had my original Asus PRO that I had to RMA 2x due to faulty products).

Good luck!

Edit for my RAM example.

Original RAM that wouldn't fit under my Heatsink: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233143

Actual purchased RAM that did fit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233197

Exact same thing, one has a huge heat spreader, one doesn't.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

13»