Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am STILL getting "Patching Failed: peConnection Closed"....

MaitraderMaitrader Member UncommonPosts: 389

So ya...

I torrented the patch data (1 - 9, 10 - 12) and am still getting this error..

This has got to be one of the flimsiest initializers ever in the history of MMO gaming....pathetic, to say the least really...

Comments

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269

Worked perfectly fine for me. Downloaded torrents, put them all in the DATA folder, patched up one file, voila. 

You're doing it wrong and making another thread about the same issue isn't doing it right either. 

• MaitraderMaitrader Member UncommonPosts: 389

How so??

I have dfdata_0000.sfad to dfdata_00012.sfad, and dfdata.sfai... folder totals 6.01 gigs.... I open launcher... and get that error... what else is there to do wrong?????

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Maitrader

How so??

I have dfdata_0000.sfad to dfdata_00012.sfad, and dfdata.sfai... folder totals 6.01 gigs.... I open launcher... and get that error... what else is there to do wrong?????

lots of people have the same thing.  just be patient. 

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354

Ah, I think I found the cause of the problem.

Aventurine.

• SmimonSmimon Member Posts: 62
    Its normal alot of people in the US is getting it dont worry
  • HopfrogHopfrog Member Posts: 90

You didn't do anything wrong, the majority of people in the US are getting this error.... Just let the client run and it will keep trying to patch, and eventually it will... I let mine sit for about 2 hours before it finally 'took'.

This is par for the course with AV, I wouldn't get too upset about this being a "sign"... this happens all the time with AV, and while it may take a while with a lot of hiccups, stumbles, etc... they will eventually put out a good game.

The fact that they can stay afloat with this track record shows just how much of a demand there is for this type of game in the spirit of UO. Can't imagine why more companies don't see this and instead try and clone WoW, and fail to hold a player base.

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by D_TOX

Worked perfectly fine for me.

You're doing it wrong

I agree.  If something works perfectly fine for me then of course it works perfectly fine for everyone else and if not it's their fault.

Likewise I also believe that if I get an error then everyone gets the error and if not then they did something wrong because I do everything right ever no matter what.

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195
    The beta got postpoened to a unknown date right now. They are looking at an elusive bug that is scrapping all their plan...
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by D_TOX

Worked perfectly fine for me. Downloaded torrents, put them all in the DATA folder, patched up one file, voila. 

You're doing it wrong and making another thread about the same issue isn't doing it right either. 

Yes, because you are everyone.  If you don't have a problem that potentially thousands of others are having, it doesn't exist.

I see what you are trying to do.  You're just trying to act cool, as if you are somehow smarter than everyone else.  You really just come off looking like a small reproductive organ that rhymes with tick.

See you guys in a few days!  *awaiting the 'suspend' hammer*

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Originally posted by Maitrader

So ya...

I torrented the patch data (1 - 9, 10 - 12) and am still getting this error..

This has got to be one of the flimsiest initializers ever in the history of MMO gaming....pathetic, to say the least really...

Here is a link to the official torrent that updates launcher to 1.9.0.2: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=5684020#post5684020

You will still get that error but you will have newer launcher. But that doesn't matter either.

Enjoy your wait for Beta, it's not looking good for today, or this week.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278
    Originally posted by Zyzra

Ah, I think I found the cause of the problem.

Aventurine.

Yes.

If you happen to be in Europe, then you will have no problem connecting to patcher.  If you're out of EU, then 95% chance you will get connection error.

Using VPNs connected to somewhere in EU will bypass this problem, however the fact still stands that they have some issues to resolve with their patcher because it doesn't like the rest of the world much.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220

After a few hours of just leaving it on, and letting it retry it finaly patched