Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: new, returning, staying or leaving?

Comments

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by L0C0Man

Just a quick poll to gauge reaction of the mmorpg.com crowd to TSW new status. Of course, I'm not naive enough to think it'll be enough votes to be statistically significant, nor that it'll be a sign of how the MMO community in general feels, at most how the community of this forum feels.

Personally, I'm a returning player, played from releast and until GW2 release, and returning now to play alongside it.

Note that to try to keep the poll options fewer, I'm just making it so that it says whether you're staying or leaving, regardless of whether you have or not a lifetime account, or whether you intend to keep paying a sub or not.

Wheres the option for. Tried beta, didnt like it. Never purchased it?

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

it's pretty cool to have even more players around now.

Seems like the move to b2p was a good one.

Now I hope they crank up the old grandmasters reward a bit..

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    bought it for half price a few months ago and played for a bit, but happy to return and play again since i love story games and its FREE
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Played in beta a bit and then at launch for a couple of weeks. I would never return. I do wish it the best though.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529
    I was interested but not willing to pay a sub. Now i'm trying it. Not sure if i'll stick with it though.
  • rivetman13rivetman13 Member Posts: 34

I played the beta, didnt really give it a go. Then I played the 3 day weekend event thing and liked the game, but not enough for subbing to it. I enjoyed the game and honestly, the corporate decisions to me are ... meh.. whatever. As long as the game doesnt say NC Soft, I dont consider who makes it a deciding factor.

For the price, to have a game I can play forever it almost has to be a no brainer, but then again, GW2 wasn't as good as I hoped and they hyped.

I like the buy it from ebay idea haha. Maybe I can find an account on craigslist cheap rofl.

Either way, I will be waiting a few months to see if this game can survive, or at least how these changes make the game sink or swim, before I even spend $1 on buying it.

It does look promising eventually if it is still around, though 8)

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

I re-downloaded the game the very hour the “buy to play” change was announced. For me, it is very much worth it now where I would not return at all with a sub fee requirement. So few games on the market right now are worth a subscription fee and I hope buy to play becomes the new norm. I can play TSW heavily for now, move on to try the next big thing, and then return after something new and shiny comes along without worry. It has a place on my HD right next to GW2 as a favored off game as I try other new releases.

(PS: I even got 1200 ($10) free bonus store points for doing 30 missions in game. That let me outfit my character from the store with enough left over to buy the first DLC release free... Man, that's awesome.)

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    "I played the trial before and am returning now" - bought the key yesterday on Amazon.com but I have yet to start playing (busy day for me today)
  • iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by iamrta
    • Not returning 'cause I never played
    As an outsider to the game the gameplay videos I watch just aren't compelling to me.

In my opinion the game has some game play problems and parts of the game are more of the same.

The investigation missions, the atmosphere and the deck building aspect are the pros for me.

Welp. I found it on Amazon for $15 a few days ago...

The gameplay videos didn't do it justice. Glad I chose the impulse buy.

The game is actually REALLY REALLY good. I don't think I've stopped playing for 2 days. Really suprised me. Tried to play that other game last night and just didn't want to. Posted elsewhere that it's hard to go back to lollipop land after playing TSW. It's actully challenging and feels like it's made for adults that appreciate a complex and compelling story.

I am pretty frustrated by the combat since there is no auto-fire but I am learning. It would be as if you had to keep spamming hotkeys in GW2 instead of having it auto-fire. Makes it really hard to dodge/strafe AND hit your keys. Need like 4 more fingers per hand.

Otherwise It's great. It's incredibly complex for a simpleton like myself. I've yet to figure out Assembling (crafting). Need some YT videos. I am also pretty sure there isn't an MMO that looks better than this graphically. Maybe it's just the DX11 but it looks really great.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

I played before, not planning to return because I already have a game that keeps me plenty busy.  Besides I am also looking forward to 2 other MMO's coming out next year and TSW will be pushed further down the block.

Glad they went F2P though, it was def the right decision, just wished they did it earlier.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Originally posted by azzamasin

I played before, not planning to return because I already have a game that keeps me plenty busy.  Besides I am also looking forward to 2 other MMO's coming out next year and TSW will be pushed further down the block.

Glad they went F2P though, it was def the right decision, just wished they did it earlier.

It's not F2P. I know what you meant but F2P has different connotations. And it doesn't fit with TSW. It's B2P exactly like GW2.

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202

I'll be hopping in from time to time to play my Templar.

Question: Does the barbershop/plastic surgeon offer changes other than those found in character creation?

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

I played it for two days and now leave.

Icant stand playing this game in 5-15 FPS.

AMD PHENOM II X6 3,4 Ghz

nVidia GeForce 660 TI

DDR3 1600 Mhz RAM

Win 7

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    i picked new player, plan on getting it thurs, i just hope im making the right decision
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    • Not returning 'cause I never played
    As an outsider to the game the gameplay videos I watch just aren't compelling to me.

In my opinion the game has some game play problems and parts of the game are more of the same.

The investigation missions, the atmosphere and the deck building aspect are the pros for me.

Welp. I found it on Amazon for $15 a few days ago...

The gameplay videos didn't do it justice. Glad I chose the impulse buy.

The game is actually REALLY REALLY good. I don't think I've stopped playing for 2 days. Really suprised me. Tried to play that other game last night and just didn't want to. Posted elsewhere that it's hard to go back to lollipop land after playing TSW. It's actully challenging and feels like it's made for adults that appreciate a complex and compelling story.

I am pretty frustrated by the combat since there is no auto-fire but I am learning. It would be as if you had to keep spamming hotkeys in GW2 instead of having it auto-fire. Makes it really hard to dodge/strafe AND hit your keys. Need like 4 more fingers per hand.

Otherwise It's great. It's incredibly complex for a simpleton like myself. I've yet to figure out Assembling (crafting). Need some YT videos. I am also pretty sure there isn't an MMO that looks better than this graphically. Maybe it's just the DX11 but it looks really great.

It really depends of the personal tastes.

I prefer GW2 combat and its living world (even if it is NPCs moving around and if you stop you will see it is a loop like Truman Show).

GW2 story is cliche and TSW story feels like everyone is on LSD.

Still TSW combat is better than many (feels a bit like GW1 v2.0).

Black depressing world vs vibrant colorfull world.

I enjoy both for different reasons.

Good thing none of them have monthly fees.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    I just got it, but I am going to play it very casually. Always wanted to try it though, got great deal on Amazon for 15 bucks. I bet it's going to be worth it.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    I just got it, but I am going to play it very casually. Always wanted to try it though, got great deal on Amazon for 15 bucks. I bet it's going to be worth it.

That's actually a good way to play TSW -- it's different in the sense that you don't feel a need to rush through it, and it's fine playing in short bursts.  Except when you get really addicted to the storyline and can't stop.  :D

• ZikariZikari Member Posts: 78
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

That's actually a good way to play TSW -- it's different in the sense that you don't feel a need to rush through it, and it's fine playing in short bursts.  Except when you get really addicted to the storyline and can't stop.  :D

Agree, thats's how I play it since launch. TSW is not a game I have the urge of playing 6 hours every day each week, like in worst addiction times of WoW or in the first month of GW2, but I always wont to come back for some time, even after not playing for a couple of days or even weeks.

• OldTimeGamerOldTimeGamer Member Posts: 87

Played the mass beta, and got invited back to play some more, but I'm not returning.

Instead I'm enjoying CO, which is far better written, has deeper content and is worth exploring.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Pretty sure most lifetimers are not going to return because we got screwed but Funcom.
  • SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by Thorbrand
    Pretty sure most lifetimers are not going to return because we got screwed but Funcom.

Back up this argument please. I'm a lifetimer and believe it is fair and I support it.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    When i first loaded up the game and got in, i was kind of pist with all the cuts and voice acting. But after the first 30 minutes and i got out into the world (just recently) it seemed pretty good. The map im on now is pretty decent sized and tons of quests. Only played about 1-2 hours so i shall see. But its not a bad game, i just dont know all the issues so many others claim to exist. Now just need to learn the game and where to put ap/sp lol.
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Ticked the played before and returning box... but that was just beta play so it was just the closest that fit.

I'm not excited to play but know the game will be on the Steam sales sometime after the 21st so will be cheap. Funcom try to do things differently despite their faults so it's worthwhile dipping in to see how things are.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by Sevenwind
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

Back up this argument please. I'm a lifetimer and believe it is fair and I support it.

I'm a lifetimer too and I like the changes so far. 

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

staying- best MMO out there, period.

getting too old for cutesy rated T fantasy MMOs anyway