Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 transformed in a cash cow...:(

124»

Comments

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by RedJorge
    Originally posted by SirFubar
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    RedJorge wants everything for free. How is that not greedy?

No, never said that.

If you read my original post you will realize I am complaining about the changes on 15th November. Up until then the game and the cash shop were somewhat balanced and everyone could make a living and enjoy the game.

Please read the posts and do not only surf the forum and shoot from the hip.

Gems are more expensive now because people have bought more gems. Under Halloween people bought loads of gems and same under the Lost Shores weekend. Then BOOM prices goes up. ArenaNet will have a big update every month so don't expect the gem price to go down.

/close thread

Of course people bought more gems...duhhh...its the whole point of ANet, right?

What I criticize is the way they used to make people buy more gems. Ninja reducing the mob drops and artificially increasing the value of gems towards the in-game gold.

You need to read the posts with attention before you comment.

They removed the farm spots in Orr so people won't do the same thing over and over. They want players to explore the game world, do dungeons, PvP etc. Not farming the shit out of an event chain.

No, they haven't touched the gem prices. Gem prices since launch went up for a reason, people bought gems.

/close thread

Again, you are wrong. Do you play GW2? It seems you are a bit outdated.

They did not remove any farm spot from Orr. They slightly increased the Plinx event sequence cooldown and that was all.

What they did and never told the players was ninja reducing the mobs drops, not only in Orr but across all maps, so people could not get enough gold through normal game play and were forced to buy the gems with real cash and trade the gems for in-game gold. Thats how they transformed this game is a cash cow, reducing the players to desperate farming fractals or play the Trading Post if they dont want to open their wallets.

This is the most nonsense thing I've ever read... You can easily obtain enough gold through normal play, if you don't, then you don't know how to make easy money in an MMO. And no, no one was never force to buy anything from the cash shop... I've never heard of a single persone who bought gems from cash shop to trade for in-game gold since its just dumb to do so since gold is easy to obtain. You heard about magic find right?

Since release, I've never spent a single dime on the cash shop and that didn't stopped me from doing everything in the game. And please stop with your go read official forum, its usually just a bunch of crybabies theorist that can't bring proof to what they said. I couldn't care less about what they're saying.

Because I respect people I will not comment your post. But you calling crybabbies to the people in the official GW2 forum speaks for itself.

Please read my original post and the thread before you comment.

I've read every single post of this thread and everything you said is just plain wrong. I'm playin the game and I've never experienced anything of what you're saying. Its just plain false. You can't even bring proof of what you're saying, just like people on the official forum, and that speaks for itself.

Now you can either continue to wine about stuff that isn't true at all, or go back to play gw2 and find a way to make easy money just like everyone did since release. If you have any problem to get gold and feel you absolutely need to buy gems for real cash to trade to gold, then its your problem, not the game, because there's a lot of people who doesn't have problems to get gold and don't feel the need at all to buy some gems. It's your choice.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

Its a pitty that this game is reduced to farming...is that all the advice you have Saurus?!?!?!?

no its not you can get exotics without farming anything just playing the game

playing with friends doing events or other stuff you get lots of rares and crafting materials

and thats not farming

• NavyJackalNavyJackal Member Posts: 82

The only problem is that players will have invested real money for a lifeless world when the game goes down the drain. ArenaNet has already surpassed the boundaries, thats why they need to go back and restore the balance. Right now is just plain rip-off.

Read the official forums please.

But this is just your OPINION RedJorge, and it's something you seem willfully oblivious to.  

If someone decides to invest their money into something, that's their business and their right to do so.  It's their money not yours.  They obiously don't see it as a 'rip-off' or they wouldn't pay it.  They doin't feel the world is lifeless, or that their money is 'going down the drain', or they wouldn't spend their money on it.  

Why should they bother to 'read the official forums' as you put it (in almost all of your posts)?  Why should they bother?  They can decide for themselves whether or not its worth it to them.   Reading through pages of rants and whiny arguements isn't going to clarify anything for them.  If they don't like the system in place they don't have to pay money or even play the game if they don't want to.  

ArenaNet hasn't surpassed any 'boundaries' (rather vague term by the way), except for the ones you've saddled them with.   What you consider a 'boundary' other people might not even blink at.  I for one haven't seen a single arguement or piece of evidence by you to support your claims.  

Either admit these are just your opinions and therefore irrelevant, or admit you are a troll and move on.   

• RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by NavyJackal

The only problem is that players will have invested real money for a lifeless world when the game goes down the drain. ArenaNet has already surpassed the boundaries, thats why they need to go back and restore the balance. Right now is just plain rip-off.

But this is just your OPINION RedJorge, and it's something you seem willfully oblivious to.  

If someone decides to invest their money into something, that's their business and their right to do so.  It's their money not yours.  They obiously don't see it as a 'rip-off' or they wouldn't pay it.  They doin't feel the world is lifeless, or that their money is 'going down the drain', or they wouldn't spend their money on it.  

Why should they bother to 'read the official forums' as you put it (in almost all of your posts)?  Why should they bother?  They can decide for themselves whether or not its worth it to them.   Reading through pages of rants and whiny arguements isn't going to clarify anything for them.  If they don't like the system in place they don't have to pay money or even play the game if they don't want to.  

ArenaNet hasn't surpassed any 'boundaries' (rather vague term by the way), except for the ones you've saddled them with.   What you consider a 'boundary' other people might not even blink at.  I for one haven't seen a single arguement or piece of evidence by you to support your claims.  

Either admit these are just your opinions and therefore irrelevant, or admit you are a troll and move on.   

No troll ever intended.

Once again, read the GW2 official forums.

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• NavyJackalNavyJackal Member Posts: 82

No troll ever intended.

Once again your response is repetittive, meaningless, and pointless (congratulations!).   Why should I read the offical forums?   I have no reason to do so.   It's you that has a problem with this, not me, and by the look of it most of the people who've responded to this thread have the same mindset as myself.  

You telling me to 'read the official GW2 Forums' is like me telling you to go read the back of a shreddies box because it has important nutritional information.  Are you going rush off and do that?  I don't think so, even though I'm telling you to do it.  

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM

And about the gems value increase check this:

http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem

Do you even know what the gem price works?

If too few people buy gems with real money, and too many buy with ingame gold, price will go up. Supply and demand. Arenanet doesn't increase the game price. Gem prices went up recently because it's almost Wintersday and many people buy gems.

gems prices are controlled by Anet. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

No troll ever intended.

For once I broke down and went and read some of this long, long thread on the official forums.

And I found what I expected, whiney posts by people who "think" the drop rate has gone down since the patch.

In fact, they seem to be extremely butt hurt fans who feel ANET has somehow "betrayed" them by changing the drop rate, (either intentionally or as a bug) and not responded to their thread.

You are supposed to be enjoying this game and having fun (so I've always been told), what do you care if it takes longer to gather gold (which some folks don't seem to have a problem with) since you're having such a great time.  It can't be about the progression, or lack thereof, because you're not supposed to be playing GW2 for progression, everyone says so.

You still can farm for your stuff in game, and the cash shop is still entirely optional.  Now, it might be true what some posters said, it is more profitable to farm the dungeon content with a full group than duo with a friend in the open world as one early poster complained about.

I dismiss such claims, where do people get the idea they have the "right" to play the game a certain way and it should be equally profitable no matther what path they chose?  Of course some paths will be better than others, that's why you have a choice in the first place, and of course, the more profitable activities usually require more effort (like grouping up with more people) than if you solo or duo.

Geez, the mentality of so many MMORPG players amazes me these days....  must have been dropped on their heads when they were young or something.   image

Learn to pay your dues folks....its what life (and gaming) is all about.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by cronius77
    if you are expecting a honest debate or anyone for that matter to agree with you much , you have come to the wrong site to post anything negative about GW2. Most of us that do not worship the game quit a long time ago .

You think there is an honest debate to be had cronious? Is there any proof? Is there any truth to what he stated in his OP? I've more than onced asked for proof. He hasn't given us anything but opinions from other players.

You are right Kuppa.

I gave you the opinion of other players so you can not accuse me of inventing.

The opinions of active players, writen in hundreds of posts, must have some value right?

Or only your opinion is worth?

what about the hundreds of posters who disagree?

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by VirgoThree
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Nitth  

Originally posted by Vesavius Anyone who thinks you can have a cash shop in a game like this without it profoundly effecting it's core design and systems is pretty deluded tbh. Ofc the game is gonna be designed to manipulate you into spending... take that as a given. It was a big part of why I stopped playing after month one, despite loving it as a single player RPG for that time. Where did the lady heading up this game's cash shop come from again? Perfect World wasn't it?
    Yes, she is the evil behind the Cash Shop, Nexon employee ripping off NCSOFT/ArenaNet Guild Wars 2 game and player community.   After she destroys GW2 she will move to another one and will milk it until he is dry.....rinse and repeat.
    lol...Bit dramatic?   I'm sure she is just payed to do a task set down by management.
    Yes...she is a poor exploited girl....most probably she is taking a revenue percentage for her (by contract) from the this rip-off.

And i'm sure by your reasoning that car salesman are inherently evil by receiving a commission?

No, but he is evil if he sells you the same crap for 3 or 4 times its value.

That's not evil, that's Capitalism.

*resists the urge to start analysing this statement*

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    Originally posted by muffins89
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM

And about the gems value increase check this:

http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem

Do you even know what the gem price works?

If too few people buy gems with real money, and too many buy with ingame gold, price will go up. Supply and demand. Arenanet doesn't increase the game price. Gem prices went up recently because it's almost Wintersday and many people buy gems.

gems prices are controlled by Anet. 

Nope. It's controlled by those players that made a ton of gold early on and each bought 1,000s of gems. I myself bought about 1,000 gems back then and I barely had over 1gold and now the value of that 1g has become worth so little, now that there are Commander icons everywhere, from how easy it is to make gold. So of course the gem prices have risen. It's why we see Legendary pre-cursors selling in the Trading post from 100-700g, when during the launch month that kind of money was absurd.

Heck, only a few weeks ago I had about 10g to my name, when I decided I best actually make some money. I simply looked at what wasn't worth much and whether I could turn it into a profit. A few weeks later and I am sitting on 70g. Just yesterday I spent all that 70 gold on Exotics, due to the prices going down. Now if things go according to plan, in a week or 2 I'll be sitting on well over 100g. Then I'll be able to start buying gems with in-game gold again. image

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Stop complaining! My brave wallet warriors, let's march forward!
  • VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

Hello all,

Its a pitty that Guild Wars 2, since 15th November 2012, was transformed in a cash cow by ArenaNet.

They ninja reduced the in-game items/materials drop rates without telling the players and artificially increased the gems value they sell at game shop so people make less gold from drops and are forced to buy gems with real money to trade for the in-game gold they need.

If you dont mind to be a wallet warior, this is an average game for you.

If you like to play without wasting real money and using all the in-game market economy, then you loose your time with Guild Wars 2.

Thanks,

RJ

No.