Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update- Dec 17th 18.10 GMT

BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Hi,

A quick update on status: We're basically chasing bugs before we open up the beta. One major concern and the reason we haven't yet, is the serious bug I mentioned in the status update yesterday which we thought was solved but was reported again by two testers this morning as still active. We have to assume it's still there, as we haven't been able to reproduce it.

To simply describe the bug in question: It's a persistence bug: some players, sometimes, will lose all their stuff.

As I said, we haven't been able reproduce it so we need a few more hours to go after it. If we can't find it, we'll launch with it and keep looking for it. We may have to wipe at certain intervals.

Looks like we'll have the beta forum up as well. There are several known issues we'll start posting in the beta forum as soon as it's up.

We'll keep you updated on our progress. Thanks for the patience.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=5692471#post5692471

Pretty much as expected.

Comments

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    We got TASOS'd!
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354

We've known about that bug for a while.

Where you lose all of your stuff.

Including your entire account.

Just look at other threads in this game's forum section.  It's happened quite a bit.

• gabbelgabbel Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Thanks for posting , since forumfall cant hold that traffic atm.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Last I saw was 2800 people on the forum and all of them are probably all hitting F5 every second.
  • SmimonSmimon Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Zyzra

Just look at other threads in this game's forum section.  It's happened quite a bit.

How can you know if you never played it?

Originally posted by Smimon

How can you know if you never played it?

Because losing your entire account doesn't require logging into the game apparently.

• mdkmanmdkman Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Soon, Soon...
  • GadzyGadzy Member Posts: 143

Never happened.

(This guy thinks people having to wait 5 mins for their 6months+ inactive characters to be returned from a storage server means losing your char - which caused some threads when darkfall's final month became free for all)

(Also that Aventurine is responsible for people who can't read how2connect accounts)

Maybe you should lurk less and learn more.

• DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96

I hate to say it but it looks like Tasos is really underselling the game and beta at this point. This is very unorthodox seeing as how he usually boasts in length about features and such but this time it kind of looks like there are a TOOOOOON of bugs. 

I hope I'm wrong.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Gadzy

Never happened.

(This guy thinks people having to wait 5 mins for their 6months+ inactive characters to be returned from a storage server means losing your char - which caused some threads when darkfall's final month became free for all)

(Also that Aventurine is responsible for people who can't read how2connect accounts)

Lost my account that was working 3 weeks ago. Then all of a sudden it was gone when it was time to get the download for beta. Bought a new one.

Good business for Aventurine would'nt you say?

• SmimonSmimon Member Posts: 62
    almost 4 hours ago i wanna sleep lol
  • erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395
    they arent going live anymore tonight, tasos said it on TS.
  • KuviskiKuviski Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by Aragon100

Never happened.

Lost my account that was working 3 weeks ago. Then all of a sudden it was gone when it was time to get the download for beta. Bought a new one.

Why didn't you contact the customer support, then? Anyhow, I would think you probably just forgot your passworrd.

I mean, why would I and most others not have any problems with our accounts when all the accounts are stored in the same database.

• DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96
    VPN trick doesn't work...patch is more than 100MB and 100 is limit for trial. 
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi
    We got TASOS'd!

I thought you wrote TACOS!  :)    but then I was :(

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Originally posted by erinys

ts?

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

Prolly a troll tho.

• AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Originally posted by Celusios

Prolly a troll tho.

^

• erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395
    you will get a "told you so" from me when i wake up.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Badaboom

To simply describe the bug in question: It's a persistence bug: some players, sometimes, will lose all their stuff.

Did they get PK'd? I thought losing all your stuff was the main draw of this game.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

Okay this is just incompetence. Nothing more. People in our country are fired for a lot less than this. I can sound harsh but enough is enough.

You simply cannot throw out promises like candies and then not fulfill even one of them.

you will get a "told you so" from me when i wake up.

Given the lack of commitment to fill dates from this company, you probably will be right. However, that does not mean you happened to be in some TS with Tasos and he told you that it wouldn't be live tonight.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by n3v3rriv3r

Okay this is just incompetence. Nothing more. People in our country are fired for a lot less than this. I can sound harsh but enough is enough.

You simply cannot throw out promises like candies and then not fulfill even one of them.

they are working on it.  relax brah.  [mod edit]

Originally posted by n3v3rriv3r

You're surprised? This is a company that had a November release date, then pushed it to December, then that date came and they suddenly decided "THIS GAME NEEDS TESTING!". You're better off getting candy from a stranger in a van than getting something that Tasos has promised.

Originally posted by Kuviski
    Originally posted by Aragon100

Never happened.

Why didn't you contact the customer support, then? Anyhow, I would think you probably just forgot your passworrd.

I mean, why would I and most others not have any problems with our accounts when all the accounts are stored in the same database.

Yeah, those people who contacted customer support per the other threads on this very forum must have just forgotten their password repeatedly.

I mean, why would a problem happen to one person but not everyone?  Such a thing is impossible.  If something doesn't happen to me, then it can't have happened.