Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Last Minute Bug-Squashing Delays Beta Slightly

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,643MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

An update has been posted on the Darkfall Online: Unholy Wars site indicating that the team has delayed the beta start in order to replicate and squash a nasty "persistence" bug that can cause players to lose all of their items.

As I said, we haven't been able reproduce it so we need a few more hours to go after it. If we can't find it, we'll launch with it and keep looking for it. We may have to wipe at certain intervals.

Looks like we'll have the beta forum up as well. There are several known issues we'll start posting in the beta forum as soon as it's up.

We'll keep you updated on our progress. Thanks for the patience.

Read the full post on the Darkfall: Unholy Wars forum.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• ScellowScellow Posts: 125Member Uncommon
    Haha they claim money before setting up right their game ...
  • raapnaapraapnaap LeidenPosts: 397Member Uncommon

A few more hours to go until we finally get to bitch about queue's at the forums.

Last one in line misses out on a lag and gankfest unseen in recent MMO history...

• rmk70rmk70 Toronto, ONPosts: 397Member Uncommon
    I really don't get how customers tolerate this... I get that they have a 'koolaided' fan-base, but any other industry and there would be significant backlash. MMO gamers are an interesting bunch. 
  • gravesworngravesworn charleston, WVPosts: 324Member
    I am less concerned with what happens to a beta build than I am with the final product, I can wait until release.
  • svandysvandy mount holly, NJPosts: 229Member Uncommon
    The more I see of this fiasco the more I am convinced I am not giving them my money. I understand they are a small developer and I'd rather they iron all of this stuff out now and not later, but what is with the absolute last minute updates on stuff? Especially now considering people are actually paying money to get into this beta (not saying I've never done that, I have done it for 3 games and only regret 1)

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

• FusionFusion VaasaPosts: 1,391Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by svandy
    The more I see of this fiasco the more I am convinced I am not giving them my money. I understand they are a small developer and I'd rather they iron all of this stuff out now and not later, but what is with the absolute last minute updates on stuff? Especially now considering people are actually paying money to get into this beta (not saying I've never done that, I have done it for 3 games and only regret 1)

No, they're pre-ordering the release version. [mod edit]

Currently playing: -

Waiting for: Class4.

Dead and Buried: ESO, NWO, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall, AO, AC2, Vanguard, CoH/V, EnB, EVE, Neocron, FE, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FFXI, FFXIV, SWG, WoW, and billions of eastern junks!

• ConjureOneConjureOne RigaPosts: 226Member
    Originally posted by Fusion
    Originally posted by svandy

No, they're pre-ordering the release version. [mod edit]

yeah, we didnt actually pay for beta, my next billing date is like march xD

• corpusccorpusc Chattanooga, TNPosts: 1,330Member
    are any of the people QQ'ing on this thread actually waiting to play the game?

The End
    ---------------------------
    i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects

• MasterKush818MasterKush818 Canyon Country, CAPosts: 26Member
    im currently sitting at the AV page pondering whether to buy or not. help.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Moose Jaw, SKPosts: 2,380Member
    Originally posted by MasterKush818

There really is no rush.  If you can put up with AV's lack of communication and constant set backs and delays, then by all means get it.  If not, wait.

• XAPKenXAPKen Northwest, INPosts: 4,933Member Uncommon

Ship happens.

I'm impressed that they're fixing bugs.  Assuming that really is the reason.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now turned Amateur Game Developer.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  Realm Lords 2 on MMORPG.com
  • RemainsRemains MalmöPosts: 375Member
    Originally posted by gravesworn
    I am less concerned with what happens to a beta build than I am with the final product, I can wait until release.

The funny thing though..? They wanted to launch the game 5 days ago... but decided to postpone the launch and have a beta 5 days later.

Not only did they not have a release-worthy game... 5 days later it seems like its still not good enough to beta-test. image

• LizardoneLizardone baltimore, MDPosts: 93Member
    So what's the purpose of the beta testing?
  • alakramalakram malagaPosts: 2,225Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MasterKush818

I bought it becouse is cheaper now, they selling the client at a 25% discount, or so they say. So I thought If i'm gonna buy it on release better to buy it now nad save money.

-=AlaKraM=-
    Don't fight against poverty, fight against greed.
    My Lord of the Rings Gallery

• NacarioNacario World Wide WebPosts: 217Member
    Originally posted by rmk70

I really don't get how customers tolerate this... I get that they have a 'koolaided' fan-base, but any other industry and there would be significant backlash. MMO gamers are an interesting bunch. 

The company is utter shit, but they got a killer product that no one else can provide... I want that dope in my veins, #%!& the consequences
  • MasterKush818MasterKush818 Canyon Country, CAPosts: 26Member
    money is not the issue. i just need something to do while i wait on this planet ;). what makes this game wort it...... i want the tru tru. "cloudatlas"
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAPosts: 2,365Member Uncommon
    Weird, they delayed the beta which was the reason for the delay of the release.
  • MisterTeaBHMisterTeaBH SouthendPosts: 22Member

we put up with it because there is nothing else like it , no other game comes even CLOSE to what darkfall offers, the amount of adrenaline that pumps through you when you play, the good stuff outweighs alllllllllllll the bad stuff like no communication and delays.

ofc it pisses me off that devs sometimes seem to not give a shit about their fan base, but darkfall forums are a cesspit sometimes i probably wouldnt want to communicate wiht us either if i was a dev, but like I said the good stuff outweighs the bad by a huge margin

• ElminzterElminzter MelbournePosts: 202Member

good stuff wait df1 was shelved for dfuw get real, great game, unfortunately badly run company imo, it's the incompetence that's game breaking, imo i'll stay clear because of AV ....

just saying..

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon
    Beta went live early this morning.