Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soo . . . turns out TSW is actually awesome.

RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I'll just say the TSW beta was a huge disservice to funcom, I really wasn't interested in the game because of it. But at this point, it's very fun and without a sub-fee I have to say it's definitely worth it (esp at $15 on amazon).

Gotta admit, I was wrong about this game, having a blast and for the first time in a long time - I'm eager to run home after work and log on.

Comments

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    I think I may break down and buy it now (at only $15) The sub fee was the only thing holding me back (Kinda poor at the moment)

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Quicksand
    I think I may break down and buy it now (at only $15) The sub fee was the only thing holding me back (Kinda poor at the moment)

Played it in trial and enjoyed it as it was, but like you, I thought it was not worth the monthly sub. Now that it's B2P I immediately grabbed it. Sadly enough, I also got an invite to alpha-test an other game  :-S Now I gotta wait till after x-mas when the current testpreriod is over before I can actively jump in TSW...

@OP kinda the wrong place to post this one..? ;-)

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    For some reason they did that opening beta weekend on the clunky open beta client, while the closed beta client had better performance, better animations and active dodging.

Thus all the memes about "bad combat" and stuff. When actually the combat is alright, its simmilar too, but not quite as good as gw2 combat.

It's a fun mmo for leveling, but endgame was a disappointment, I'm just not into dungeon grinding (although the dungeons are very good the first couple of times)
  • BoognisheBoognishe Member Posts: 83
    Originally posted by Rusque

I'll just say the TSW beta was a huge disservice to funcom, I really wasn't interested in the game because of it. But at this point, it's very fun and without a sub-fee I have to say it's definitely worth it (esp at $15 on amazon).

Gotta admit, I was wrong about this game, having a blast and for the first time in a long time - I'm eager to run home after work and log on.

I show $29.99 at Amazon.  What am I missing?

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-41018ecret-World1-Download/dp/B007VTVKG6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355765047&sr=8-1&keywords=the+secret+world

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Boognishe

I show $29.99 at Amazon.  What am I missing?

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-41018ecret-World1-Download/dp/B007VTVKG6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355765047&sr=8-1&keywords=the+secret+world

The boat.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Well it was $15, looks like the sale is over. Still a great deal for a B2P game.
  • NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

After getting over the disassociated feeling i got from my character during combat, and the aweful casting animation/spell effects, I quite enjoy the questing system and overall atmosphere.

I bought it online over the weekend, and Im actually sitting at work looking forward to finish some quests. Interesting story. Even if the game closes in 3 months, for the price of one movie ticket I had 3 days of enjoyment so far. Well worth the reduced price, and now it is no sub? Perfect. 

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

You forgot to finish your sentance.. It should read.. "Soo... turns out TSW is actually awesome for me". lol. Cause it isn't awesome for me. 

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    OMG...is that why im playing it  :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by Praetalus

You forgot to finish your sentance.. It should read.. "Soo... turns out TSW is actually awesome for me". lol. Cause it isn't awesome for me. 

lol if your not enjoying it you can give you account to me =) I would like to play lmao! 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

I really enjoyed it for the first month or so, but once I started grinding my way through the Egyptian zone my interest started to wane, especially as I listened to my guildmates (who were further along) on vent grinding their way through the various dungeons/hardmode content.

Just not the sort of game I enjoy any more so I dropped off at that point.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Yep...loving it too.

I paid 50 dollars for the game.  I pre-ordered it.  I still do not have my pre-order bonuses.

I contacted live chat support a few days ago, they told me that my payment was made, but sometimes the bonuses take a little time  to show up, so I should see them on my account in a few hours.

On my account it shows I paid for my pre-order on April 4th 2012.

I think it's been enough time for the damn bonuses to be available.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

and then he awoke from his slumber...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    I played it in beta and really didn't care for it, but picked it up now and started playing again this weekend and was enjoying the heck out of it.  As a B2P, I can see myself playing awhile as I love the setting and the humor during the VOs is funny as heck.
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Its true.  My friends made up excuses as well as to why not to play it.  I handed them my life time account for my girlfriend and played with them a bit and they ate their words and actually love it.  Yea it still might not be for everyone but there is no denying there is something special about this game for a theme park anyway.
  • SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by Zyzra

I paid 50 dollars for the game.  I pre-ordered it.  I still do not have my pre-order bonuses.

I contacted live chat support a few days ago, they told me that my payment was made, but sometimes the bonuses take a little time  to show up, so I should see them on my account in a few hours.

I know you've probably been asked this already so I apologize if that is the case...but .....what happens when you claim them in the cash store window? Are they just not listed? I know I had a few that took what seemed like forever.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Yeah, didn't see that one coming.  Can't get enough right now.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    sucks I missed the sale price........just wondering if I wait a little longer if they will have another sale price.........hmmmmmmm
    Originally posted by SoulStain
    Originally posted by Zyzra

I know you've probably been asked this already so I apologize if that is the case...but .....what happens when you claim them in the cash store window? Are they just not listed? I know I had a few that took what seemed like forever.

Yeah people asked me to check there.  The items listed in that section are the MMORPG.com T-shirts for my characters that I redeemed with a code ages ago.  Nothing else is listed.

The pre-order bonuses are not even listed on the website account management page.  The account page does show I made a successful payment for the pre-order though in the $49.99 amount.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529
    Originally posted by Praetalus

Thats kinda obvious... no need to specify in every post  with a "for me", "imo". In a discussion forum opinions are the majority, facts are facts no room for discussion. 

I agree with the OP,  the Beta was a disservice.  I tried it and was sooo bad, terrible experience. Now i'm having a blast with the game. Worth the box price all right. 

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

It makes me laugh how some people do a complete turn around lol, the amount of people slagging off the game over the last few months and now those same people love the game.

The Secret World has always been a top MMO, it had issues in beta but not enough for those to write it off. For innovation and story it wipes the floor with that other MMO.

I don't mind the sub and will keep paying it.

The Secret World and Age Of Wushu will take up my time over xmas along with family.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    TSW has a great theme and atmosphere.  The investigation and subterfuge missions are very unique and refreshing.  But after that the game is very shallow.  Combat is very meh.  Every spec essentially plays the same with builders and finishers.  Still the same old trinity requirements for difficult content.  Zones feel small and cramped.  I hit the wall of boredom in the Romanian zone.  TSW just doesn't have the feel of a MMO.  It's a good game but a mediocre MMO.  The no sub requirement is a very smart move by Funcom.  It was never worth the sub fee. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube