Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE poised to break user login record

BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388

The conncurrent login record is 63k. Last weekend it hit 55k. This weekend even more players are expected.  Almost 10 years since this game came out, and it continues to grow. Pretty cool.

Yeah, I'd say EVE is doing quite well these days, and only getting better. If you've been on the fence about playing EVE, or returning to it, the time to play is now!

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
Play EVE for free for 21 days

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

51.8K online right now (18:15 EVE time), probably not going to hit the top this weekend, more likely in a few weeks when everyone's got off from school and work is the best chance.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sycofiendsycofiend Member UncommonPosts: 129

Man I love hearing this  .... I was a late comer to EVE but I am SOoooo glad I did.  I was ready for the sandbox.  (I now have 5 accounts)  I also have recruited several friends from other MMOs, some are hooked, some tried and didnt stick.

Still not for everyone I guess but those who get it .. GET IT !

My current only MMO sub.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    Originally posted by sycofiend

Man I love hearing this  .... I was a late comer to EVE but I am SOoooo glad I did.  I was ready for the sandbox.  (I now have 5 accounts)  I also have recruited several friends from other MMOs, some are hooked, some tried and didnt stick.

Still not for everyone I guess but those who get it .. GET IT !

My current only MMO sub.

4 bots one human, sounds about right.  image

• TeucriTeucri Member Posts: 38

I tried to get my friends to play Eve but I only was able to get one of them. I wish I could get more but most will not even try the game.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by Boardwalker

The conncurrent login record is 63k. Last weekend it hit 55k. This weekend even more players are expected.  Almost 10 years since this game came out, and it continues to grow. Pretty cool.

Yeah, I'd say EVE is doing quite well these days, and only getting better. If you've been on the fence about playing EVE, or returning to it, the time to play is now!

[mod edit]

But with extraordinary aplomb.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624
    Nice to see that the numbers are up again.

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354

[mod edit]

Are, not is.

There are people.

Not, there is people.

I hope this helps you out.

Also, if you were joking it wasn't funny.

If you were not joking then it is actually kinda sad.

You should try and be more happy.

Perhaps try being funny too.

Try and cheer up a bit.

Thank you.

• TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273

[mod edit]

If you don't like the game why are you trolling their section of the forums?

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Zyzra

[mod edit]

Are, not is.

There are people.

Not, there is people.

Try and cheer up a bit.

Thank you.

You should have made a Haiku, it would have been funny.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by Tridian

[mod edit]

If you don't like the game why are you trolling their section of the forums?

[mod edit]

Fair enough. Why then, if you dislike the game, are you in these forums at all?

[mod edit]

Are, not is.

There are people.

Not, there is people.

Try and cheer up a bit.

Thank you.

[mod edit]

I can understand what you mean.  So long as there are no metrics it is fine to appear incompetent and uneducated.  We are on an Internet forum after all, where people don't really know you.  Besides, writing well has never helped any person who is no longer in school do anything.  All the best jobs don't even require communication skills.

I hope you continue to enjoy your favorite MMO games.  I'll continue to enjoy EVE.

I don't think I need to post in Asian grinder MMO 50,315's forum section to say the players have bad taste though.  That'd just be silly of me.

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

[mod edit]

Are, not is.

There are people.

Not, there is people.

Try and cheer up a bit.

Thank you.

You should have made a Haiku, it would have been funny.

I like pyramids

Writing in that shape is fun

Here's your Haiku though

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Not a Fan of Eve

though i do not need to troll

I like Haikus too

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• sycofiendsycofiend Member UncommonPosts: 129

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

The first pirate corp I joined in Eve used to give players they caught the option of paying a ransom or reciting a haiku on Eve voice.  It was really funny.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville