Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst MMORPG of 2012

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by RudigerGatt
    i wanted to say swtor but i had fun leveling and warzones were fun too for most of the time. im gonna say guild wars 2 not because its a bad game just because i didnt enjoy it at all, level 20 and i was bored shitless

this for me as well, i can still play SWTOR for the class stories an warzones for a little fun and xp.

GW2, while a decent game, had me bored faster than any new mmo i have ever bought.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    Nice try with the G thinking it would throw us off - just made me dislike it's fanbase even more and I voted even *harder*.
  • Have only tried a few this year. Would have voted GW2, but that's not even on the list.

Also what is Diablo 3 doing there? It's not even an MMO.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    Originally posted by RudedawgCDN

GW2 - huge disappointment.

Stopped playing it after a month.

Boring "hamster wheel" instanced pvp.

So you played a boring game for a month? image

Nothing unusual, i suggest you don't read threads like these if you can't handle someone not liking your favorite game. It would be a strange world if everybody liked the same things, don't you think?

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Banaghran

Let me start with the punchline...

DIABLO 3 !!!

Flame on!

:)

EDIT: way to add a poll where the joke actually is included...

D3 had my vote as well. Mostly because it's not even a real MMO to start with. 2nd runner up for me is GW2...

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Diablo 3 is not a MMORPG...just saying....
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    There can only be one answer: Diablo 3 is worst MMORPG of the choises given, because it's not an MMO at all. 

Originally posted by Axxar

Have only tried a few this year. Would have voted GW2, but that's not even on the list.

Also what is Diablo 3 doing there? It's not even an MMO.

It is on the list under G, why he don't that, who knows.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Originally posted by Rimmersman

Nothing unusual, i suggest you don't read threads like these if you can't handle someone not liking your favorite game. It would be a strange world if everybody liked the same things, don't you think?

Not as strange as someone playing a game they find boring for a month.

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

I woted for Diablo 3...

But not until i put my vote in I noticed that "G" is GuildWars2..

Wich makes me wonder if this was made with purpose so it woud not get as much votes ?

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by motta11

Lets vote for worst mmorpg of 2012! 

2012 is the worst year for mmorpg world because all these new games (patches) suck !! (I think)

I know Most of these games just SUCK! but pick one :)

1.  The poll is flawed because it does not include ALL MMOs released in 2012 (f2p, b2p, subs, browser)

2.  It appears that no one could play all the games listed in the poll for a sufficient time to determine whether or not they are the "worst" of 2012.

3.  There are no selections for "none of the above" nor "other, please specify."

4.  If you think TSW belongs on any "worst" list, then i must assume that the poll creator is goofy.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096
    D3 isn't even an MMORPG and shouldn't even be in the poll.  Give that 20% to the SWTOR total.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    D3 has a good shout for biggest let down of 2012 though, even though its not a mmo.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

2012 was a really bad year in gaming.  The industry went from WoW clones to single player games with artificial multiplayer features, then dubbed MMORPG's.

It's really a tossup between SWTOR and GW2 I guess.  I hold Star Wars to higher expectations perhaps.  With Guild Wars 2 I had really low expectations already and was still disappointed.  Go figure.

Diablow 3 might be next, as it is nothing compared to Diablo 2.   With WoW, players already knew the expansion wasn't going to be good, since Cataclysm was Blizzards NGE essentially.

Yeah, bad year.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Disagree
    Ps2 is best mmo for pvp since its predecessor / eve 10 years ago
    Tsw was swtor done right (which was 2011)
    Gw2 at least tried to break the wow clone mold, some bits worked - WvW, some bits didn't - the dungeons. I'd be playing it still, but ps2 does "wvw" even better.
  • JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Between Diablo 3 and SWTOR, the latter has got to take that crown.

imageimage
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by Desiderium2012
    Hard to pick just one, 2012 was a horrible year for MMORPG's

It sure was......I've never been so disappointed with so many games.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Can everyone get the award? That would be great.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by Skooma2

2012 is the worst year for mmorpg world because all these new games (patches) suck !! (I think)

1.  The poll is flawed because it does not include ALL MMOs released in 2012 (f2p, b2p, subs, browser)

2.  It appears that no one could play all the games listed in the poll for a sufficient time to determine whether or not they are the "worst" of 2012.

3.  There are no selections for "none of the above" nor "other, please specify."

4.  If you think TSW belongs on any "worst" list, then i must assume that the poll creator is goofy.

TSW does belong on the list....It didn't even meet half of what its own company expected and has pretty much put them up for sale.....Add in lousy combat, animations, little or no multiplayer, and horrific PVP and you have a strong candidate for worst game of 2012.

• HermodHermod Member UncommonPosts: 35
    SWTOR was 2011, so the poll is a fail
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Originally posted by Skooma2

TSW does belong on the list....It didn't even meet half of what its own company expected and has pretty much put them up for sale.....Add in lousy combat, animations, little or no multiplayer, and horrific PVP and you have a strong candidate for worst game of 2012.

Sounds like about every mmorpg released this past few years minus a handful.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I'm sure SWTOR will "win" the poll but for me it was D3, HUGE letdown.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    GW2 hands down.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by Hermod
    SWTOR was 2011, so the poll is a fail

SWTOR was released in Q4 of 2011 which carries over into 2012.

Originally posted by AZHokie54
    Originally posted by Rimmersman

Not as strange as someone playing a game they find boring for a month.

Yes it is, playing a game even though it's boring is far from unheard of in the gaming world. The game is boring as hell and even i played it while getting bored, getting a full refund after three months made up for it though.image