Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst MMORPG of 2012

Comments

• PrograssivePrograssive Member Posts: 48

I voted for gw2 too.Worst game ever for me..

Swtor much better than gw2

www.archeagetr.com

www.archeageonlinetr.com

• Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513

Of the games provided I have played: Tera, GW2, D3, TSW

D3 is the only game I deinstalled after 30 minutes of playing. The others I played for at least a few weaks.

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203
    SWTOR . It was WoW with Star Wars skin. I love open world pvp and it had next to none.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

The vote seems to be (roughly) correlated to units sold.

It couldn't really be that simple, could it?  The Bieber Effect, gamers Hate in direct (inverse) proportion to popularity, like angsty teens?

Naw, were that the case, the anti-panda contingent would be stronger.

Can't really hate it unless you've bought it, I suppose.  So the poll just doesn't actually reflect much except (generally) sales.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Icewhite

It couldn't really be that simple, could it?  The Bieber Effect, gamers Hate in direct (inverse) proportion to popularity, like angsty teens?

Naw, the anti-panda contingent would be stronger, surely.

Higher profile games get more players to try them so naturally there will be more unhappy customers.  Contrary to popular belief, not everyone who dislikes GW2 or WoW is trolling or trying to be "cool" by going counter-culture.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Even though its not a mmo

I will go with d3 because it was very very shite

Swtor was 2011, its the worst mmo I've ever played but its the wrong year
    Gw2 and tsw were ok, fun while leveling at least
    Tera - never played, so can't judge
    Ps2 - bloody awesome best mmo of the past decade, no way belongs on this list.
  • QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Can't vote until the year is through. DF: UW might surprise.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by dave6660
    Higher profile games get more players to try them so naturally there will be more unhappy customers.  Contrary to popular belief, not everyone who dislikes GW2 or WoW is trolling or trying to be "cool" by going counter-culture.

Why thanks Dave, I believe that's what I said.

Suggestion for poll improvement:

1. List games by market share/unit sales (good luck getting reliable data). 

2. Poll "hatred". 

3. Chart the delta (greater or lower than raw sales, stdevs, z-scores) as a rough "dissatisfaction rating".

And honestly, I don't think you should poll any game in the first six months.  Bandwagon effect is still far too significant (either for or against),

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    I vote swtor because it was awful, diablo3 is a close runner up tho.
  • Darklotus79Darklotus79 Member Posts: 61

D3 is not an mmorpg , and Rift is a far better game then alot of others you see coming out.  It still sub. based and has alot of players still. Rift shouldnt even be on the list period.

The clear winner here is SWTOR...everyone agrees Its just Terribad!

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    I want an 'all of the above' option.
  • Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137
    This is tough, there are several games on that list I feel I could vote for, I guess I will remain an undecided voter here.  Fortunately, I only bought one of those games (Diablo 3) so at least not a lot of money wasted.  I got to beta test GW2 for about 15 minutes before uninstalling and thankfully not wasting a cent on it.
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Guild Wars 2 hands down.
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Why thanks Dave, I believe that's what I said.

Suggestion for poll improvement:

1. List games by market share/unit sales (good luck getting reliable data). 

2. Poll "hatred". 

3. Chart the delta (greater or lower than raw sales, stdevs, z-scores) as a rough "dissatisfaction rating".

And honestly, I don't think you should poll any game in the first six months.  Bandwagon effect is still far too significant (either for or against),

Fair enough.  I thought you were implying that players "hate" a popular game solely based on it's popularity.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    ehm, where is Guild Wars 2 choice? For me the worst MMORPG means that I am bored very quickly and thats the case of Guild Wars 2. MMOs I enjoyed the most this year are: Vanguard, WoW:TMoP (yes, unfortunutely its true) and Path of Exile (not MMO of course)
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Naw, the anti-panda contingent would be stronger, surely.

But plain number of unhappy customers shouldn't be an indicative of "best" or "worst" MMO. Let's say you have MMO A that sold 3 million units, and has 5% unhappy costumers, it would mean 150,000 people. Then you have MMO B that sold 100,000 units on the same time period, but 50% of them were unhappy with the game... which means 50,000 people.

By numbers alone, one would think that MMO B was a better product than MMO A, because for every 150 votes as "worst" A had, B would only get 50, yet by looking at the percentage is obvious that B seems to be a worse product, based only on costumer satisfaction.

Polls like these are good as a guide, but the amount of people playing/trying the games should also be taken into account, and also human nature that sometimes makes us hate things just because it's popular to hate them (I know there are lots of people with legitimate reasons to hate on WoW or TOR, but the vibe I get sometimes is that lots of people hate them just because it's the cool thing to do), and the fact that the most vocal a community that is pro anything (including games), it makes the anti same thing community feel that they need to be more vocal as well.

Personally I didn't vote, BTW, only games I've tried of the list are GW2 and TSW, and I've greatly enjoyed and still playing them (came back to TSW when it went B2P).

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• RudigerGattRudigerGatt Member CommonPosts: 22
    i wanted to say swtor but i had fun leveling and warzones were fun too for most of the time. im gonna say guild wars 2 not because its a bad game just because i didnt enjoy it at all, level 20 and i was bored shitless
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    TERA by an enormous margin.  Really dont see how anyone could put anything other than TERA or SWTOR.  You just cant make a case for any of the others being worst IMO.
  • QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by L0C0Man

Polls like these are good as a guide, but the amount of people playing/trying the games should also be taken into account, and also human nature that sometimes makes us hate things just because it's popular to hate them (I know there are lots of people with legitimate reasons to hate on WoW or TOR, but the vibe I get sometimes is that lots of people hate them just because it's the cool thing to do), and the fact that the most vocal a community that is pro anything (including games), it makes the anti same thing community feel that they need to be more vocal as well.

No. Polls like these are not good for anything other than to start a flame war. I'm surprised so many people have taken this seriously.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Flame bait poll. Haters will always vote more than people who actually play the games.

MMORPG forums is just a haters lair.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Diablo 3 isn't 'really' an MMO so I took that out. As such I had to vote GW2. As much as I found SWTOR to be lack luster, it at least did try pitching in a story that, for the main story at least, was pretty entertaining. Gameplay was meh but for me it was better then GW2 even if it uses the most generic mmo formula devised by mankind.

Just personal preference. just GW2 underwhelmed me and got so stale quickly it just became I feel the weakest MMO AAA title released ever for me... which I know, harsh considering how MMos use to be like WoW's release, but it still just felt the least inspiring for me to play.

Originally posted by botrytis

Flame bait poll. Haters will always vote more than people who actually play the games.

MMORPG forums is just a haters lair.

So people are voting just to hate then, not possible people just didn't like a game at all eh? Just cause people don't follow your opinion doesn't mean they are wrong. There are plenty of bad games I am guilty of enjoying that I can easily rip a new one for being so terrible.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Played TERA the least.. so that gets my vote.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 294

So hard to pick one.

SWTOR - Released in 2011.

SL, MoP - No business being on this list. They are xpacs, not games.

Tera - Complete crap.

GW2 - Good game that gets boring after a while, but no sub means I can come back and play whenever the mood strikes.

PS2- Never played.

TSW - A great idea ruined by one of the worst developers out there. Crap.

• LyvinsLyvins Member Posts: 70

must be Swtor the amount of flaming going on on this forum is just epic xD

i want to thank you all for the great post and good laughs i had :D

Merry Christmas :D

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411
    SWTOR would be worst MMO of the decade.