Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

F2P MMO's so infected with hackers it aint worth it?

Mr_CMr_C Tel AvivPosts: 112Member

I gave a certain MMOFPS a chance sometime ago but left after a while in frustration after my stats just got worse as I got into the game, and I keep reading in different forums that "certain" games are having huge problems with hackers & aimbotters, especially in MMOFPS games. Which makes me very reluctant to put time & money into these games.

Or am I wrong? Are the F2P games able to handle cheaters?

 

 

Comments

  • RidelynnRidelynn Fresno, CAPosts: 4,176Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by Mr_C
    I gave a certain MMOFPS a chance sometime ago but left after a while in frustration after my stats just got worse as I got into the game, and I keep reading in different forums that "certain" games are having huge problems with hackers & aimbotters, especially in MMOFPS games. Which makes me very reluctant to put time & money into these games. Or am I wrong? Are the F2P games able to handle cheaters?
     

    The problem isn't F2P or otherwise. The problem is just cheating in general. Developers don't want cheaters - it ruins the game for everyone. Some have better resources than others to combat them.

    It's a problem in all games, some are better about it than others. Some games are easier to hack than others (and a lot of the cookie-cutter asian F2P's happen to be well-known exploiters), some have some pretty bad exploits that get patched late or sloppy cleaning up, but you can hack anything with software, and some of the image recognition aimbots and such are good enough that you can train them to run on nearly any FPS - just show them what a head looks like and away they go - to which the only real weapon against them is data analysis.

    A lot of people are quick to scream "hax/cheats" as soon as they lose too, regardless of the case... so a lot of what you see posted is just ragescreaming.

  • laokokolaokoko TaipeiPosts: 2,003Member

    which computer fps don't have aimbot?

    pay 2 play have aimbot too.

  • halobumphalobump BrightonPosts: 380Member

    I'd just go play Paintball or Lazertag instead of a FPS.

    image

  • rygar218rygar218 altamonte springs, FLPosts: 332Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by halobump

    I'd just go play Paintball or Lazertag instead of a FPS.

    Tried that got boring quick for some reason in paintball my gun would always point at someones head. 

  • free2playfree2play Toronto, ONPosts: 1,868Member Uncommon
    It's why I kind of chuckle when I see people say subs are dead. It's too easy for goofs to sabotage free games.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Matrix, NYPosts: 911Member Uncommon

    hacking is just as bad in p2p MMOs than f2p.

     

    Why people keep posting negative and false things about f2p and freemium is beyond me. They are the future of the MMO genre...and vastly more popular and earn more money than any p2p. Its just as easy to bot, spam chat and hack in pay to play MMOs as it is in free to play ones...the only barrier is the price entry...but that is non existant if the MMO has a trial. In WoW I often saw my chat being spammed with gold sellers and people botting. Even GW2 (while buy to play and not pay to play) has a huge problems with bots and hacks.

    image
  • madazzmadazz A town, ONPosts: 1,564Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

    hacking is just as bad in p2p MMOs than f2p.

     

    Why people keep posting negative and false things about f2p and freemium is beyond me. They are the future of the MMO genre...and vastly more popular and earn more money than any p2p. Its just as easy to bot, spam chat and hack in pay to play MMOs as it is in free to play ones...the only barrier is the price entry...but that is non existant if the MMO has a trial. In WoW I often saw my chat being spammed with gold sellers and people botting. Even GW2 (while buy to play and not pay to play) has a huge problems with bots and hacks.

    I disagree. Look at Xbox Live vs Playstation Online. Xbox live has much better quality of service, is quicker to get rid of cheaters, is more pro-active in customer retention and overall offers more as a result. Now, I am not a fanboy of either, and prefer some games on one console over the other and vice versa, but the online experience is much better and has a lot less cheaters on xbox.

    This is absolutely not a rule, but F2P games in general do not typically take as much care in the form cheaters/exploiters. There are some shining examples that do of course, but stereotypes are typically based off facts regardless of whether we like it or not. This also doesn't mean the stereotype can't change. It may, and if it does EVERYONE wins.

  • deamiandeamian Sandy, UTPosts: 65Member
    It's not easy for me to say this, but you just have to play the game for the reason it interested you, or you will simply be missing out on something you enjoy. If you don't want to play a game with cheats, and I do understand that, you should sell your computer. The PC gaming community comes last so many times when games are developed because of the vulnerability they show to attacks etc. When one comes along that is first and formost built for us, we need to take a few lumps for the greater good.
  • thinktank001thinktank001 oasisPosts: 2,027Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

    The problem isn't F2P or otherwise. The problem is just cheating in general. Developers don't want cheaters - it ruins the game for everyone. Some have better resources than others to combat them.

    It's a problem in all games, some are better about it than others. Some games are easier to hack than others (and a lot of the cookie-cutter asian F2P's happen to be well-known exploiters), some have some pretty bad exploits that get patched late or sloppy cleaning up, but you can hack anything with software, and some of the image recognition aimbots and such are good enough that you can train them to run on nearly any FPS - just show them what a head looks like and away they go - to which the only real weapon against them is data analysis.

    A lot of people are quick to scream "hax/cheats" as soon as they lose too, regardless of the case... so a lot of what you see posted is just ragescreaming.

     

    I don't disagree that cheating in general is a problem, but the microtransaction business model does give cheaters incentive to do so.  They don't lose anything if they are caught, and the advantage it gives over nonpaying players, or leveling the playing field with paying players doesn't help the game much either.   

  • TheocritusTheocritus Gary, INPosts: 3,743Member Uncommon
        FPS has by far the most cheaters whether it is f2p or p2p......The worst one I ever saw was COmbat Arms yet it still had a couple million people playing that loved it.
  • Mr_CMr_C Tel AvivPosts: 112Member

    I was wondering to switch over to an MMOFPS game, since I have become a little tired again from playing Anarchy Online (great game but requires alot from me). The main reason to play them MMOFPS is that they are generally easy to get into. What makes me hesitate is all the aimbotters. There is nothing worse than cheaters ingame, and when I see people having 50 kills while they are only kille 1 to 3 times on each map, I get really suspicious. When I see my stats going downward as I become better in the game I really feel the time to move on has come.

    It seems that the B2P model is the way to go, and the game type would be RPG not FPS. I had a look on the PS2, which is supported by "mighty" Sonly. People are complaining that they are headshotted inside tanks, and nothing is done by this from Sonys side. Seems like they have lost the battle already. And if Sony has lost it BEFORE PS2 was released, how can other, smaller companies be able to withstand hackers?

    Are there any MMOFPS games at all that can be considered relatively free fram hacking, aimbotters and cheaters in general?

  • PhryPhry HampshirePosts: 6,289Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Mr_C

    I was wondering to switch over to an MMOFPS game, since I have become a little tired again from playing Anarchy Online (great game but requires alot from me). The main reason to play them MMOFPS is that they are generally easy to get into. What makes me hesitate is all the aimbotters. There is nothing worse than cheaters ingame, and when I see people having 50 kills while they are only kille 1 to 3 times on each map, I get really suspicious. When I see my stats going downward as I become better in the game I really feel the time to move on has come.

    It seems that the B2P model is the way to go, and the game type would be RPG not FPS. I had a look on the PS2, which is supported by "mighty" Sonly. People are complaining that they are headshotted inside tanks, and nothing is done by this from Sonys side. Seems like they have lost the battle already. And if Sony has lost it BEFORE PS2 was released, how can other, smaller companies be able to withstand hackers?

    Are there any MMOFPS games at all that can be considered relatively free fram hacking, aimbotters and cheaters in general?

    probably the only way to cut down on the sheer volume of people using these 'aimbots' and speed/wallhacks etc, is to release games as B2P instead of F2P, if they have to pay for the client, and that account can be permabanned for cheating with these 3rd party software apps, then it would begin to address the problem, making games F2P is really just an open door policy to hackers.

  • IchmenIchmen Winnipeg, MBPosts: 1,228Member
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Mr_C

    I was wondering to switch over to an MMOFPS game, since I have become a little tired again from playing Anarchy Online (great game but requires alot from me). The main reason to play them MMOFPS is that they are generally easy to get into. What makes me hesitate is all the aimbotters. There is nothing worse than cheaters ingame, and when I see people having 50 kills while they are only kille 1 to 3 times on each map, I get really suspicious. When I see my stats going downward as I become better in the game I really feel the time to move on has come.

    It seems that the B2P model is the way to go, and the game type would be RPG not FPS. I had a look on the PS2, which is supported by "mighty" Sonly. People are complaining that they are headshotted inside tanks, and nothing is done by this from Sonys side. Seems like they have lost the battle already. And if Sony has lost it BEFORE PS2 was released, how can other, smaller companies be able to withstand hackers?

    Are there any MMOFPS games at all that can be considered relatively free fram hacking, aimbotters and cheaters in general?

    probably the only way to cut down on the sheer volume of people using these 'aimbots' and speed/wallhacks etc, is to release games as B2P instead of F2P, if they have to pay for the client, and that account can be permabanned for cheating with these 3rd party software apps, then it would begin to address the problem, making games F2P is really just an open door policy to hackers.

    wont stop it sorry. alot of fps games that are free or buy to own still have cheaters in them. as i recall counter strike was buy to own after awhile and it still had cheaters. apb was a subscription game and it had cheaters (sure they had poor anti cheat but still) 

    too many sites now days sell cheat eng scripts for noobs that no matter what you charge for a game it will have cheaters.

    they could charge you 29.99 a month for a game with a 99.99 buy to own price tag, and instant ban for life (That disabled proxies and regional ips ect) and people would still cheat :/ its just how people are. they want instant gratification and the "WINNING" gloat so they cheat instead of training their skills. 

    cheaters are the worlds perminate noobs. thats the bottom line.  a newb is new to a game but will learn and grow perhaps become skilled or pro at it... but a cheat will forever be a noob never to grow or learn skills to be pro at it :(

    CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
    Evga GeForce 670 FTW
    Evga P55 SLI

    <image

Sign In or Register to comment.