Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: 2012 Players' Choice Awards

Comments

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362
    We should change this to vote for the game that sent MMORPG.com their bribe checks on time. The shilling was pretty bad this year I have to admit.
  • romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382
    Originally posted by Swordguy

gw2 was innovative?  just a popularity contest, nothing more.

Since it's very beginning gaming has been nothing but a popularity contest.

• livespartanlivespartan Member Posts: 71
    Please someone tell this whole Pirate101 thing is a joke PLEASE!
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by livespartan
    Please someone tell this whole Pirate101 thing is a joke PLEASE!

Pirate101 is not a joke. It is a VERY VERY FUN MMO for adult and child alike. It is also very addictive! If you sub as I do , you get to enjoy Cool Ranch and Mooshu! Both of those areas are AWESOME!

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    I agree Pirate 101 has its own audience. And this poll is open for all kind of players you and old. I don't know why peopele take such polls personaly .
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

How the hell is Pirate 101 (with only 18 threads) winning over everything else? All those other games easily have anywhere from 400 threads upwards to 8900. The game doesn't even have enough votes under the hype meter.

Something is going on. I think pirates took over MMORPG.com if you catch my drift.

Not only that, the response count to the other games have anywhere from tens of thousands upwards to 300000 posts. Pirates barely broke over 100.

Because Pirate101 is a great MMO. And most of  the serious MMO players are undercover on this one. As they dont want the stain of Wizard101(A kids game) with them. So you will get alot of "Silent" majority votes.

Besides, Pirate101 has a huge fanbase comparatively. Alot of the fanbase doesnt even know this site exists.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Id like to know how Pirate101 even got in the poll.
    Originally posted by mCalvert

It is a MMO nominated on a website about MMOS in a poll called 2012 Players choice awards.

1+1 = 2.

Originally posted by Whitebeards

It is a MMO nominated on a website about MMOS in a poll called 2012 Players choice awards.

1+1 = 2.

So are 100s of 'mmos'. Yet only a few are on the poll.

1+1 = 2.

The popular ones i guess? guys at the website do this for living so i am sure they have more reliable data as to what MMOS have big fan base to make it relevant for voting in nomination polls. What is the point of putting an obsecure MMO on poll which no one is going to vote for? and as seen from results Pirate 101 is quite popular.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by mCalvert Id like to know how Pirate101 even got in the poll.
    It is a MMO nominated on a website about MMOS in a poll called 2012 Players choice awards. 1+1 = 2.
    The popular ones i guess? guys at the website do this for living so i am sure they have more reliable data as to what MMOS have big fan base to make it relevant for voting in nomination polls. What is the point of putting an obsecure MMO on poll which no one is going to vote for? and as seen from results Pirate 101 is quite popular.

Wizard 101 is incredibly popular, and Pirate 101 is the Pirate version of Wizard 101.

** edit **
    Wizard 101 is a well put together MMO. I played it through the free content and was surprised at how well the game worked and how solid it was as an MMO. It is a kid's game, so I don't know that I'd recommend it to anyone I play with who doesn't have kids...but the game is well done.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by mCalvert Id like to know how Pirate101 even got in the poll.
    It is a MMO nominated on a website about MMOS in a poll called 2012 Players choice awards. 1+1 = 2.

Wizard 101 is incredibly popular, and Pirate 101 is the Pirate version of Wizard 101.

** edit **
    Wizard 101 is a well put together MMO. I played it through the free content and was surprised at how well the game worked and how solid it was as an MMO. It is a kid's game, so I don't know that I'd recommend it to anyone I play with who doesn't have kids...but the game is well done.

Well if Wizard 101 was released in 2012 they would put it in the poll too and i am sure it would easily beat Pirate 101 But former is 4 years old.

• starmoonsunstarmoonsun Member Posts: 6

Firefall, though still in AAA bata, already has all the ingredients to become the best game in no time. So I voted Firefall for both the Most Aniticipated and the Most Inovative .

• ZJohnnyZZJohnnyZ Member UncommonPosts: 5

The War Z as advertised misleads a lot of people, my entire clan (43) people stopped playing because it is nothing AT ALL like the advertised product. This is a generic Death match shooter.  They should just get rid of the Zombies and give ordinance drops for PVP kill streaks!

• NedaxNedax Member Posts: 115

GOTY - Guild Wars 2. I've had a lot of fun playing this game. With over 197 hours played over the last 3 months it would be insane for me to not vote for it.

Most Anticipated - Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. Loving the Alpha. Looking forward to this game being a finished product for reals come next year.

Most Innovative - Guild Wars 2 again. It's not a huge change, but the questing is so fluid and feels really good while out doing things. Yes there's a lot of "Kill this" but it's refreshing to be able to go in and help anyone who's doing the same quest as well. The only problem I have is some of the higher level zones being pretty empty. (Not the level 80 zones.)

Rising Star - Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn again. I think the team has done a great job and I hope they're rewarded for their dedication.

Best Hybrid - League of Legends. I'm not sure why this game is listed. But out of all of them it's the only one I've played. It was pretty fun but the level of knowledge of your class needed blew me away. Also not very noob friendly.

• CamBamBoopCamBamBoop Member Posts: 2

i love wizerd101it is the best!!!!!!!!

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    ArcheAge alle the way!

Smile

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212
    I guess I donb't understand the "Hybrid" category... what does it mean by "hybrid"?

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by Castillle

Im fairly surprised that Neverwinter is more anticipated than ArcheAge

Edit:

Theyre even now

I like the idea of AA more than Neverwinter, but the fact that it is eastern made really puts a damper on my expectations for the game being fun versus a major chore.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by grimgryphon

Oh look, GW2 is in the lead on MMORPG.com for GOTY.

Let me put on my big surprise face. *groan*

[mod edit]

But seriously, what's with all the hate? It's a solid game.  The only game that comes close to it this year imho is The Secret World... but then again, it's just my opinoin.  You know, everyone's got one and apparently, a lot of people are of the opinion that GW2 is MMORPG of the year.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• bulletprofffsbulletprofffs Member Posts: 2

Well if you folks think that TSW is innovative then you havent played many games.Though i highly appreciate its setting.[mod edit]

But wtf is happening with pirate 101????Is this the new choice for "i dont like any of the serious games in the list" ?

Not that pirate101 is not serious..but you get the point  :)

• KoromaKoroma Member Posts: 1

GOGO FFXIV

also hi, i'm new

• DeltaX13DeltaX13 Member Posts: 1

Did the creators of this strange Pirate game offer some kind of reward if they win anything or are all the people just troll-voting? Also this vote has nothing to do with sincerity. It's like "my game's the best, Ill just vote for it in every category". How "exciting". Random idea: Let's just rate the games based on their player score and then have them rank this way. Saves time.

[mod edit]

Someone on twitter giving away prepaid cards for Pirate101 with a link to vote on MMORPG.

http://www.pirateskies.com/1/post/2012/12/vote-for-pirate101.html

• alonwealonwe Member Posts: 2

The Secret World has to be the most innovative for 2012 ! Surely GW is the same as last year.....