Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

world pvp?

raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
I haven't played in over a year. It was dead the last time I played. I'm guessing that hasn't changed any.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

Comments

• BradCBradC Member Posts: 1
    Well it definitely depends on the server, but yea - pretty much it's the same as last year. The only world PVP I experienced since MOP is getting ganked while leveling :-)
  • Imperator101Imperator101 Member Posts: 131

What about realms like Bleeding Hollow and Emerald Dream which both have high populations and an almost even number of Alliance/Horde players. I would assume world pvp would be alive on those realms.

For others on PVP realms, have you engaged in world pvp? seen a lot of it?

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

Flying mounts kinda killed it. People do their quests, mount up, and fly away to the next one. If you do happen to get a jump on them and kill them, they'll still just rez and fly away. It's really sad :(

Only world pvp i've seen is when people are ganking the levelers (as stated above). 

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501
    What about the world PvP stuff introduced with 5.1? Does that work?

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• AlucardlbAlucardlb Member Posts: 83
    Originally posted by Imperator101

What about realms like Bleeding Hollow and Emerald Dream which both have high populations and an almost even number of Alliance/Horde players. I would assume world pvp would be alive on those realms.

For others on PVP realms, have you engaged in world pvp? seen a lot of it?

Im playing on EMerald Dreams and the population is anything but even, i believe atm is 3 alliance for every 2 horde at 90,, but world PVP is going rather good atm with the new Domination Point stuff they added the last patch, alot of groups running around defending quest mobs and what not.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

WoW and world PvP in the same sentence?

lulwut.jpg

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

I haven't bothered playing really in 5.1 so can't comment fully however they have added a new horde vs alliance questline which I believe includes a more focused area for wpvp.  Also in 5.0 they have linked servers together meaning you see more people in the open world.. this should mean a lot more wpvp especially while leveling.  I personally doubt you're missing much though, the game has way too much stuns, roots, pushbacks, cc etc and I think pvp is pretty crap these days. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by raystantz
    I haven't played in over a year. It was dead the last time I played. I'm guessing that hasn't changed any.

Idk what these other people are talking about. Wpvp lives in MoP. You are constantly around the opposite faction. The oppertunities are near constant, far more than any of the other xpacs.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Senden

I haven't bothered playing really in 5.1 so can't comment fully however they have added a new horde vs alliance questline which I believe includes a more focused area for wpvp.  Also in 5.0 they have linked servers together meaning you see more people in the open world.. this should mean a lot more wpvp especially while leveling.  I personally doubt you're missing much though, the game has way too much stuns, roots, pushbacks, cc etc and I think pvp is pretty crap these days. 

This is what makes WoW pvp tactical. It's not just beat the other guy with 2-3 buttons till dead, like another game. There is nothing in WoW that will take you 100-0.

Using trinkets, interrupts and your own CC at the right time adds layers to the combat that games with 2 sec CC and all offense don't have.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"