Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Beta Downloads Begin!

2»

Comments

• PenneywizePenneywize N. D. I. P., QCPosts: 2Member
    Patcher has slowed to a crawl, hope I get this downloaded in time for beta start tomorrow!
  • scotty899scotty899 townsvillePosts: 166Member

wish i was getting 7 kb/s. i get peConnection timed out. guess il try again in a few hours lol. time to invest in some 

IRL activities 'shudders'

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Great YarmouthPosts: 397Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by raapnaap

The latest update can be read here: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=337780

In short, official torrent for the client, there will be a short NDA (as if that means anything...), and bugs related to item persistence might cause a delay in the beta starting, however they claim to be on track for tomorrow's beta.

I'm a little gobsmacked with there being even the mention of an NDA, this game was meant to have been released already, your getting instead a paid beta version, yet why on earth should anyone be asked to sign up to an NDA at this late stage, I'm sorry but if your being asked for such things shouldn't this be ringing alarm bells? as in hello the game may stay in beta for alot longer than is really being let on here.

I want to be wrong, I bought the original and I'm going to hold off again for this new release so that I don't suffer from a heart attack at all the foreseeable cock-ups (just like last time minus the periodic release of copies to dl), the market needs a good solid game like this to make it this time around, I'm still amazed they have managed to keep afloat money wise to even do this in the first place.

• MMO-BPMMO-BP Downey, CAPosts: 21Member
    Great to have a beta that starts a weke after the game was scheduled to launch just a week ago... To take nearly 24 hours for it to download a 70 meg installer... and then to have the lobby/patcher crash before it ever downloads anything else. Welcome to Darkfall folks. Not sure why I expected anything different.
  • RetiredRetired los angeles, CAPosts: 743Member
    So do you need to buy to get beta access?
  • MurdusMurdus bayville, NYPosts: 698Member
    Originally posted by medafor
    So do you need to buy to get beta access?

Yes. You need to preorder to get beta access.

• XarnthalXarnthal Landenberg, PAPosts: 130Member
    Originally posted by MMO-BP
    Great to have a beta that starts a weke after the game was scheduled to launch just a week ago... To take nearly 24 hours for it to download a 70 meg installer... and then to have the lobby/patcher crash before it ever downloads anything else. Welcome to Darkfall folks. Not sure why I expected anything different.

Go to forums.darkfallonline.com and look in the public section for a link that has the torrent and mirrors for the game.

I downloaded the whole game using the torrents in ~2 hours.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=337644

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

I guess i was one of the lucky ones i downloaded the client logged in and started downloading.. the only issue i had was that it was really slow, but i just left it over night.

There was a patch yesterday and that also worked fine and was a lot faster.

Just glad they let us pre-download the client instead of releasing it today. :)

• Dro00gDro00g SydneyPosts: 4Member

Can't hardly wait.

Torrent ETA: 1h 15m

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Dro00g

Can't hardly wait.

LOL dont worry beta servers are not open yet anyway :)

• Dro00gDro00g SydneyPosts: 4Member
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Originally posted by Dro00g

Can't hardly wait.

LOL dont worry beta servers are not open yet anyway :)

Booo... well I'll be pretty stoked when they do open.

• demadildemadil palm harbor, FLPosts: 66Member Uncommon
    Well i can log into the Darkfall NA website but when i try to log into darkfall unholy wars i get a "No existing account" I even still have all my purchase info in my email. This is gonna go well.
  • raapnaapraapnaap LeidenPosts: 397Member Uncommon

You need to make a new account at: https://ams.darkfallonline.com/AMS/

Then after you made a new account, link your old Darkfall account to it in the account management page (subscriptions tab I think).

Once you linked the account (remember to select the NA server checkbox for linking the old account), you can pre-order UW at the price of a subscription (€/$14,95).

After pre-ordering, you have the option to reserve a character name, in the same tab you linked the old account.

2»