Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long will the Beta probably last?

i got no history on these guys making DF.   they seem very indecisive and unpredictable.

Do u think the beta will last a few weeks or months etc?

best case scenario i hope is, 2 weeks beta, and we can finally play and start crafting properly etc ....  ( realistic amarite?)

Comments

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    im rather wondering when exactly it starts today
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    My next subscription charge is set for March 2, minus the free month and we're looking at 6 weeks.
  • SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    When it's ready for release is what i hope.
  • PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by jerome1986

i got no history on these guys making DF.   they seem very indecisive and unpredictable.

best case scenario i hope is, 2 weeks beta, and we can finally play and start crafting properly etc ....  ( realistic amarite?)

i believe February!

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    thought beta starts monday/today?
  • CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    I'm not worried about how long it will last, i just want it to start first.
    Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • LesrachLesrach Member UncommonPosts: 112

The beta which releases today was originally named as "Darkfall 2010 - patch".

I beliave AV is sincere, but they are not good in communicating / holding deadlines / calendar in general.

So you are asking tough question that noone can answer.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

I would begin with "when the beta really starts" before worrying about when it ends.

Today's "firm" beta launch date is just about as firm as anything given to you by AV, so caveat emptor.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by charlizd
    I'm not worried about how long it will last, i just want it to start first.

ye anot 100% it will since than ran into a serious bug theya re tryign to fix but tasos said should be fixed today before they open the beta servers (ps they need to fix the connection issues with the patcher)

• Dro00gDro00g Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Does anyone know exactly when it launches (GMT time)?
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by Dro00g
    Does anyone know exactly when it launches (GMT time)?

Dude, even Tasos doesn't know that. I'm serious.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by jerome1986

Well the next moment I need to pay them again is early march. So I guess they want the game to be done and release in feb. Then again those could be a complete random date. 

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    AV is notorious for delays so right now I think they are saying mid January? Which probably means mid February or even later.