It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Well i can't seem to stay with 1 game for very long, was playing ff6, but quit that before i was prolly even halfway into it. Guss its hard to go back to old games after being so used to todays graphics. Prolly whats keeping me away from eq, dunno if i could stand to look at that for hours a day, although ive always wanted to.
I've had an erge to play some ps2 games again, but the ps3 slim isn't backwards compatible so basically a shelf full of games i can't play now.
I enjoyed Civ 5 for a few months, but then got boring. sims 3 im playing now, starting to feel repetitive again. I'm really hoping that when ff ARR comes out, i'll beable to call that home for years to come, tired of hopping around games lately. Heck lately i just been watching tv and lurking these forumns.
What happens when you log off your characters????.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMkDark Age of Camelot
Originally posted by Dzone Guss its hard to go back to old games after being so used to todays graphics. Prolly whats keeping me away from eq, dunno if i could stand to look at that for hours a day, although ive always wanted to.
I know the feeling, earlier in the year I tried out Ultima Online on a player run shard with a ruleset back before Trammel when everything was perfect. it was fun, for about a month, I worked up a GM bard for money making, skill gains were accelerated so it took just a month instead of the before 3-4. Then I started working on a pvp character but there just wasnt the drive to continue playing it without a fun group of people to enjoy it with so I slowly lost interest and went on to other games.
A huge component of the older games that really stick in my mind as being the best MMO's I played is the people I played with and against. That was missing so the fire just didnt stay lit.
I have lost interest in all games video games I have played. Meh, I am the King of the Jaded I guess.
I still love to roll real dice though, board games with my family are always a blast, and I am sure when my daughter is just a wee bit older we will have a blast with tabletop wargaming, it is fun now, but she just doesnt have the stratagy to rise above just die rolls.
Originally posted by elocke Recently it's been all of them except Lotro. Of course I'm looking forward to future releases like FF14:ARR, Neverwinter and Elder Scrolls, but otherwise, I've found myself going back to console games for awhile. Time to catch up on the Assassin's creed series, Saint's Row 3, devil may cry, lego games, Black Ops 2 and Sleeping Dogs. That should be enough to tide me over to the next big MMO release. I think I'm partly burnt out on MMOs right now but I also think, these games like Rift, GW2, TSW and so forth really need to start adding new game systems and things that pull one into a game. Call it the addiction effect. It's what CCG games have, it's what fantasy football has, it's what older MMOs have. It's that certain something that can pull you in and get you lost in a game and doesn't let go until you are ready to take a break.
yeh im doin the same. back to console for a while. last couple of years mmo's only last about 2 or 3 months
Rift, did the weekend return thing they had and thought 'Oh god no'. Terrible game.
Last full time game I lost interest in would be EQ2 I guess. Tried to get back into it but it just doesn't have its old charm. GW2 and TSW are still keeping me occupied.
Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.
Originally posted by Ramonski7 Guild Wars 2. Every time I tell myself I'm going to play, I find a reason not to. Sad thing is I feel the game is forcing me to stay away. If that makes any sense. It's like trying to convince a otherwise pretty cool gal it's not you it's me.
Funny, I logged in tonight. First time in a long time. Damn my mesmer was gorgeous. I killed two Moa, then logged off.
Originally posted by bcbully Originally posted by Ramonski7 Guild Wars 2. Every time I tell myself I'm going to play, I find a reason not to. Sad thing is I feel the game is forcing me to stay away. If that makes any sense. It's like trying to convince a otherwise pretty cool gal it's not you it's me.
You have me beat then. I was thinking about logging on, but had other things to do, so I didn't.
I strangely find talking about games like GW2 more interesting than actually playing them.
Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcpRecognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.
Games I've lost intrest in as follows!
1. Final Fantasy XI (11) Reason to Quit? Most of my friends left the game for wow. Loved it but the game also became to repetative, only reason i kept playing till 2010 was because i loved making money in the game.
2. World of Warcraft Reason to Quit? Again became far to repetative. The gear treadmill, the simplicity of Alterac Valley ( was a good battleground that required teamwork and logistics), The BG zergs, LoL dungeons, Lobby Cities, and other stuff. Quit around Xmas 2010 a friend purchased it (Cataclysm) for me in hopes i would continue playing wow.
3. Vanguard Sage of Heroes Reason to Quit? Another Very poorly optimized game that was once again unplayable on high end PC's! Try loggin into the game and in the starting area with only 10 ppl around and you were completely frozen in place with 2-3 FPS! Don't get me wrong the game showed great promise but was ran by a bunch of Lights on but Nobody Home Blondes! Played after optimization but I had moved on!
4. Age of Conan. Reason to Quit? Simply to put it the game was plagued to death with bugs even on high end systems. Outside of the starting areas sucked! Quit shortly after release 200X!
5. Warhammer online Reason to Quit? I was looking for WoW 2.0 and found WoW fail on all scales. I failed myself by buying this game!
6. Star Trek online Reason to Quit? The terribad ground exploration! I loved the space battles part as it is actually is the game's greatest moment! The exploration was pretty dissmal, go to point A kill this group, go to point B rescue the civillians, Go to point C and destroy/build/kill objective, Point D return to ship. If Ea/BW had taken ST's approach on space combat and turned it into pvp then it would have done better!
7. SwToR Reason to quit? Game was all fail, another exact copy of wow on every single scale except story presentation! Poorly optimization, Molested Hero Engine, LoL dungeons, and the freaking joke of space combat! I mean that was revolutionary with Star Fox back in the early 90's but (Insert Diety Here) this is 21st century! Atleast I Was smart and didn't buy the game (Same friend who purchased WoW's Cataclysm for me) purchased it for me after I refused! Played it got to maxx lvl in under 2 1/2 weeks and quit under the 30 days F2P. Still i was dumb enough to play this game!
8. FFXIV Reason to Quit? They refused to listen to Alpha testers period! Especially after FFXIV's poor start, Hiromichi Tanaka insulted west players! Example to make a simple lvl 10-12 archer's hat as a crafter I need to have a level 9 leatherworker but a level 45 weaver to utilize some crawler silk thread properly....Really!? He was trying to make FFXI 2.0 . Repetative scenery, lag, missing highly wanted classes from previous FF's, and ect!
This pretty much concludes why these games no longer hold intrest to me in a short but brief explaination!
P.S GW2 is so far holding my MMO PC needs so far!
Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!
World of tanks
Yep that prety much covers the last 4 years of failure.
Guild Wars 2 after the first week..
Of course there are other games over time but nothing this year as fast as GW2..
I recently started to play D3 again but only lasted afew days after i completed a start to finish playthrough of inferno on my barb and now i'm bored again.
loaded up SWTOR for afew days found out how bad the f2p limits access to everything on my old account so made a f2p account new character and still not feeling it.
GW2 i just can't make up my mind which character to play and what to do.
Rift i logged into my account and noticed how dead the region was because of the xpac said screw it lol.
dying of boredom waiting for the steam sale and really hoping i can get xcom and some other pc games cheap.
borderlands 2 on ps3 is good but once you get to the point i'm at where you wanna kill invincible bosses and you can't solo it just kills motivation.
mass effect 1 on ps3 just the thought of having to play it 2-3 more times to get my plat will take awhile
Einherjar, Valkyrie and Odin
played diablo 3 til i finished then got bored with it ><
played swtor for a couple of weeks then stopped playing it... not feeling the game at all =3=
was so excited to play war z with friends but was disappointed with the overall game tch >.>
There are people who play games and then there are gamers.
Originally posted by DancingQueen Star Wars the Old Republic and I really had zero issues with that game, I just lost all interest in playing it at about level 27-28. Pretty wierd and it had never happend to me before.... to be so neutral about a game.
This happened to me as well around level 30. Just couldn't log in anymore. No hate, no love, just totally bored.
Originally posted by adeptuz Originally posted by DancingQueen Star Wars the Old Republic and I really had zero issues with that game, I just lost all interest in playing it at about level 27-28. Pretty wierd and it had never happend to me before.... to be so neutral about a game.
I think that boredom is because of the mmo clones once you play one game you've played them all such as i played afew online games before i got into WoW and after i played WoW everything felt like clones of WoW and after a month or two i'd get bored and just quit. atleast i'd get atleast one character to max level cap and usually find out if the end game sucks or not.
some mmo's i try to return to that went F2P were sort of ruined with the cash shop system such as SWTOR was total garbage to me because of the F2P system and chopping the game up into pieces what killed it for me was only having one crew skill when you had 3 before f2p.
atleast playing guild wars 2 everything is open to do and all the cash shop stuff is done in a way that its not taking away content if your not buying stuff.
i actually did get to buy some games on the steam winter sale but some got bored after i finished one or two and a couple others i'm slowly going through and even the really good games i own are kinda lacking interest but heres an example
Skyrim i have a lvl 81 character with alot of work sunk into but aside from just following my quest log i'm lacking interest and not sure if i like my perk tree setup anymore but not sure if i really feel like start over to change it so i play a little here and there and logout.
getting back into GW2 only problem i have is finding groups for dungeons.
Guild wars 2. Not my type of game. Only made it to 60.
World of Warcraft (for right now...I have two 90's and seven 85's...) (face palm)
Raiderz (until they get new content).
SWTOR Level 50 trooper/commando. No intention to go back.