Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite MMO was Lineage 2 will I like Darkfall?

Just fishing to see if anyone here has played both Lineage 2 and the Original Darkfall. I know they are very different, but they are both ultimately sandbox pvp games with open pvp and seiging territory. So have any ex-Lineage 2 player fell in love with Darkfall?

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    they are very very different

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• skorner64skorner64 Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by deathshroud
    they are very very different

Could you do a small comparison? I'd be very greatful!

combat mechanics work completely different, darkfalls combat is aim based akin to an action rpg as opposed to an mmo, the ranged combat is aim based like an fps including magery,

there are classes but no skill restrictions you can train everything you like sand wear armor to define your class.

there are quests however their relevance is minimal and there is no real progression with quests like in traditional mmos,

there are no real safe zones in darkfall you can be killed just about anywhere, loosing everything you have.

with this gear is for the most part disposable and generic. with some high end rare gear but its mostly crafted equipment.

darkfall is open world seamless.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

combat mechanics work completely different, darkfalls combat is aim based akin to an action rpg as opposed to an mmo, the ranged combat is aim based like an fps including magery,

there are classes but no skill restrictions you can train everything you like sand wear armor to define your class.

there are quests however their relevance is minimal and there is no real progression with quests like in traditional mmos,

there are no real safe zones in darkfall you can be killed just about anywhere, loosing everything you have.

with this gear is for the most part disposable and generic. with some high end rare gear but its mostly crafted equipment.

they are introducing roles in unholy wars which to my understanding means you can no longer be the jack of all trades, thus making things more diverse

• rafikosrafikos Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr

they are introducing roles in unholy wars which to my understanding means you can no longer be the jack of all trades, thus making things more diverse

They are also introducing the safe zone in starting area

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr

You can't be jack of all trades all at the same time,but one character can be jack of all trades, but only one at a time. You have to put on your robe and euip your staff for example for the skills related magic to able to be used and trained. If like DF1 you they'll be a timer to equip armor for your role.

So far it sounds really good to me coming from lineage 2. Thanks for the comparison deathshroud.

• njainjai Member Posts: 77
    That info is outdated as DF UW is more "streamlined" to today's audience.

Darkfall for now.

Quit bashing games YOU don't like! Including WoW, you know you liked it before you got burned out.

http://live.xbox.com/member/Njai

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    play tera since it was ment to be lineage 3. darkfall goes totally different direction than cute elfs.
    well hope you like it. but i for sure know i wouldnt like lineage but i like darkfall.

Tera sadly was nothing like lineage, the pvp had no point or consequence. It's a pve game with tacked on pvp, like most themepark MMO's.
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

personally (as another big L2 fan) i would say i approve of DF over L2 in every way except the art style (which is a matter oof personal taste obv) and the alignment system (I prefer the way that L2 gives negative consequences for behaving in a "red" manner).

my reccomendation would be to try it, after all you can play L2 alongside it for no subscription anyway can't ya.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Originally posted by itchmon

personally (as another big L2 fan) i would say i approve of DF over L2 in every way except the art style (which is a matter oof personal taste obv) and the alignment system (I prefer the way that L2 gives negative consequences for behaving in a "red" manner).

my reccomendation would be to try it, after all you can play L2 alongside it for no subscription anyway can't ya.

Yeah I could play it alongside L2 if I wanted to, but I have since retired from L2 after 6years of off/on play. The new Darkfall looks interesting, I'm just wondering if it's worth the preorder from an Ex-lineage2 player/fan.