Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is it worth it

Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 572
hello.
i have 2 questions, is the game worth buying for 15 from amazon or there are still many annoying limitations and disadvantages due to a ridicoulous store like in swtor?

and secondly. if i buy it from amazon for 15 dollars, can i create an eu account or it l be usa account only this high piing due to playing in usa servers from europe?

Comments

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    If you like really good story and pve in a themepark, go for it. The original box price was worth it for me :) Don't know about servers.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Wolfy2449
    hello. i have 2 questions, is the game worth buying for 15 from amazon or there are still many annoying limitations and disadvantages due to a ridicoulous store like in swtor? and secondly. if i buy it from amazon for 15 dollars, can i create an eu account or it l be usa account only this high piing due to playing in usa servers from europe?

worth every penny or cent..just remember its different than other mmo's..the story is brilliant,the quests are great,the gfx are superb..and the price is a bargain..but if you want to see it in full glory you need a good gaming pc

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Definitely worth it from Amazon; you get access to the full game.  The cash shop only contains cosmetics and the new DLCs when they are released.  Not sure about servers but there's a sizable EU population who plays, so I'd say you'd be in good company in the game. 
  • nicariftnicarift Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Definetly worth it! by far one of my most favorite games today! If you get it hit me up for somone to run around with!
  • banzai014banzai014 Member Posts: 27

Eh, it's just like one of those steam games you buy on the cheap then never pick up again after playing for a couple hours.  I say go for it, $15 isn't much and even for 6 hours of gameplay = $2.50/hour its better value than going to a movie.

It's pretty funny when I think about it. If you say "the game's bad, but it's cheap" it makes me want to buy it. But if you say "the game's cheap, but it's bad" I get the opposite feeling.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Your Questions

90% of my cabal is EU so i think you will be just fine.

There are no limitations on free accounts the only thing you will have to pay for is content passed january so long as you buy before december ends. if you wait passed that you will have to pay for issue #5.

Additional Information

Game is unique and doesn't feel like your typical MMORPG. alot more focus around your build, Build Trumps gear until your running Nightmare level difficulty. They have a bunch of starter decks that work to give you a idea for how you want to fight, i strongly suggest modifying those though because there is always room for improvement with them.

The Endgame is the Dungeons your play though the game just with more difficulty, more than just adding health and damage boosts too, Stratigies change along with having to do different interrupts if you tank. One instance keeps heath levels the same however keeps a 15-30 second Damage Null shield around the bosses so you cant actually hurt them until that shield goes down.

The game is still being modified More animations being added and the ones in game are slowly being replaced.

Somewhat of a Elitest community however they are usually very friendly if you get into a guild that is looking to push players farther into the endgame.

Reticle combat can make the game feel a littlebit more actiony, if your into it however i dont recommend for tanking. Reticle combat is also great for targeting mobs on the fly so your not Tab Targeting the wrong target and pulling additional Adds.

Investiagation missions make you actually think, and if you dont like that or get stuck there is a website called www.unfair.co with full walkthoughs.

P.S. Bonzai has been complaining in other threads about the move To B2P, just to give you a idea where hes coming from.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

It is totally worth it, that $15 is a bargin for it. Only thing is this game is a bit different that those typical MMOs that has been coming out lately, but if you don't a WoW clone you are going to love it.

As for limitations you won't have to worry about any of that. Buying the game will give you all the content that has been released up until now and also includes the upcoming January DLC if you buy it now for free. You will be able to play it like any other game with DLCs just by buying them if you desired.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 572
    aboout the eu servers. i meant does this game have separate us/eu accouns?im asking if the key i ll get from amazon will work on an eu account and wont be forced to play on a us account in a us server.

btw i hear pvp is getting better. how is it?
  • lkc673lkc673 Member Posts: 149
    super worth it!! you will get many hours of gameplay.

PvP improveing however it still has a long way to go. and no there isnt seperate EU to US servers, but i havent run into a EU player yet that gets lag issues from it. and my Guild leader has some pretty crappy internet

She describes it as a White cow and a Black cown walking back and forth.

Actually the EU players run better than me from time to time and im in canada.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/blog_single_server_technology_in_the_secret_world

Don't think you have to worry about the servers.

As for pvp, it wasn't The Secret Worlds strong point but I am not much of a pvper myself, so I won't be able to elaborate on it.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310
    definitely worth it. I just bought it a couple days ago, and been having fun. Yeah you can go and get the $15 for extra perks but you honestly don't really need it as you recieve the entire game. Definitely glad I plunked down the money for it finally. Smart revenue approach on funcom's part.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

Well, They know that PvP is a problem since we have had conversations on the forums with the devs. they try new things we give opinions on how to improve so on so forth.

Because i can.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

If you enjoy the theme and the stuff it has to offer , go for it.

I was worried just like you.

After few days playing, i could say that the game is very well made and it seems to deliver what it promises to (i havent touched pvp and dont know about the end game, though). Graphics are good, ambience is superb, music and soud effects are good, storytelling is the best i've seen in the genre, quests are interesting but i don't know if they keep up the quality through the other zones (if you played Age of Conan you'll understand the concern), combat is the usual. Their skill system is getting pretty interesting so far, don't know how deep it can go but it sure looks deep and diverse.  

The cash shop is very subtle, no flashing adds in your face (as far as i've seen), also does not seems to sell lots of "i win" stuff.

For  15 USD and no sub you can't go wrong... the community is good, people were helpful and kind (i'm playing on the US RP server, Arcadia , if i'm not wrong).

TL;DR -  Buy it !

One downside you may encounter. the game is 43 gigs.

Because i can.

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    ive been looking at videos of it, has it changed since launch other then no sub, is it fun, from what ive seen it looks great.  Is there crafting in the game?
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Definitely worth it.  Without a doubt.

Has crafting, dungeons, PVP, great story.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I'm getting a copy for Christmas and the person buying it is getting it from Amazon for $15. I don't see how it couldn't be worth it.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by banzai014

Eh, it's just like one of those steam games you buy on the cheap then never pick up again after playing for a couple hours.  I say go for it, $15 isn't much and even for 6 hours of gameplay = $2.50/hour its better value than going to a movie.

It's pretty funny when I think about it. If you say "the game's bad, but it's cheap" it makes me want to buy it. But if you say "the game's cheap, but it's bad" I get the opposite feeling.

Why would you want to buy a game that is bad? Makes no sense to me. image

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    One downside you may encounter. the game is 43 gigs.

You don't download entire 43 gigs ;) game is compressed so actual data is of smaller size.

By the way my total game size is 38 gigs i have no idea why you have 5 gigs extra?

• FallguyArmyFallguyArmy Member Posts: 80

I'm proud to say that with all of these responses saying that the game is great and worth the purchase it simply means I've done my part as a beta-tester. The game was BORING AS HELL (no pun intended) during beta. But I sent in as many reports and feedback as I could at the time. I haven't looked back at it since. Seeing as how people apparently seem to like it now, I guess improvements have been made after all.

It's B2P, so you really have nothing to lose except for the one-time payment of buying the game. Think of it as purchasing a console game, except for a lot less and requiring online access. :)

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    If you haven't played by now you should. Just remember TSW is not you typical frolic along and complete quests type of game. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

best MMO I've played in years and I paid a LOT more than the current price.

It's not only worth it, it's a steal .

Also, no stupid restrictions like in SwTOR whatsoever. You get the full game without restrictions.

And even better, no damn gambling boxes, treasure chest keys or cartel packs.

I'd rather look for a boxed DVD version though since the download data is immense. 

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Wolfy2449
    hello. i have 2 questions, is the game worth buying for 15 from amazon or there are still many annoying limitations and disadvantages due to a ridicoulous store like in swtor? and secondly. if i buy it from amazon for 15 dollars, can i create an eu account or it l be usa account only this high piing due to playing in usa servers from europe?

Is $15 really that much to find out?