Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Dead Game would you like to see rise from the Grave?

Comments

• NizumzenNizumzen Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Originally posted by JYCowboy
    Originally posted by Nizumzen
    Vanguard. That games was awesome despite the problems it had at launch. I think if it got some more content it could still be a big winner. It had all the elements that I loved about EverQuest in a more modern package.

SOE still runs it and its now F2P.  Very little has been added though they promise. SOE has pretty much a server monitor on the game and thats it. PS2 has been thier focus along with EverQuest Next.  I would not be surprised if Vanguard is some how rolled into EQN.

Yeah it may still technically be running but it I would argue that it is still pretty much dead anyway. EverQuest Next does sound interesting though. I guess time will tell if it is any good or not.

• wireyankeewireyankee Member Posts: 36
    It still amazes me that COH's spell effects rival anything out there today. They really did a great job making you feel "super".
  • mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279

take as much offense as you want  but screw SWG. it had it's time and wasn't "pulled early".

NcSoft should have their collective balls castrated and forbidden to ever makle a MMO again. Time and time again they have pulled games that have been actually succeeding or pulled games for "political" reasons rather than allowing them the chance to succeed.

To add insult to injury several "ex-ncsoft" games have been attempted to be resurected (as emulators) by a loyal fanbase only to have NcSoft step in and threaten legal action unless the partiees cease.

I voted for Tabula Rasa, it had an interesting premise behind it, had great potential when they fixed some of the bug and lag issues, and was one of the few sci-fi games out there compared to the billion fantasy based games.

Earth and Beyond would have gotten my second vote. While Eve is "similar" it wasn't to my liking as I do not want a second job in order to play.

I am also eagerly awaiting defiance and "the repopulation" as they both have a base storyline that is appealing to me at this time.

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I would love t osee Chronicles of Spellborn remade with Triple A quality.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• OzonePrimeOzonePrime Member Posts: 2
    City of Heroes!! Best MMO and/ or superhero game, ever! No other game comes close to the customization of characters you had in COX!image
  • HammerHeartHammerHeart Member Posts: 5

There was Nothing that 'failed' about City of heroes, nariusseldon. It was a thriving game, making money with the best support community and devolpment studio I have ever seen in over 15 years of playing MMOs.

It was murdered by NCSoft. No explanation. A kinfe in the back and it was gone. They fired everyone at Paragon Studios on the same day they announced to the playes that the game was closing. The bastards didn't even give the development team a chance to say goodbye to the players.

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    none really deserve it except Galaxies which was unfairly shutdown, the rest deserved their fate.
  • PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Ok people. I made this thread asking what dead games people would like to see revived.

I DID NOT make this thread to have it turn into a "xxx game sucked and deserved to die"

Please direct your comments to the topic

Thank you

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• Elfin1701Elfin1701 Member Posts: 1
    City of Heroes is the only game I like. It was my first MMO and since it has shut down I have tried others but none can come close to City Of Heroes. If I don't have COH then I am probably done playing games.
  • PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

BTW, my vote was for SWG.

However I am glad to see CoX getting some good numbers. I really enjoyed that game alot also.

Tabula Rasa and E&B would be my 3rd/4th choice

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• shirlntshirlnt Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Originally posted by dreamscaper

It's not reallyl kosher to post entries like "Vanilla WoW" or "SWG pre-NGE." Doing so is essentially just voting for your favorite MMORPG experience, which isn't what this poll is about.

Not sure what changed along the way with WoW for people to put different catagories on it, but SWG pre-cu versus SWG nge were practically two totally different games.  Would I love to play pre-cu again? Yes, preferably with some tweaks to stats and fixes to bugs, or any game that had those same features with some improvements.  Would I want nge to come back?  Why? Other than the star wars theme, there are plenty of other pick a single class and level it via a series of questlines MMOs out there.  Sure it also had a great community but at least part of that community was born out of the pre-cu era when people needed other players (for crafted items, heals, and buffs) and could freely group with others (none of this "oops, too big of a difference in our levels stuff).

• knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389

For me it was SWG .. but it would need some fixes. It would need to be the Pre-CU version with a few added tweeks.

If you are talking just brining back as it was when it went down .. then change that to COH.

• L0stL0st Member Posts: 77
    I'd have to say, Shadowbane, Ultima Online, and SWG
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    The Matrix Online

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Earth and Beyond for me.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by PyrateLV
    With the announcement that Turbine is bringing back AC2, I thought Id do a poll to see what players would like to see return

Earth And Beyond , just LOVED that game and a close second is SWG Pre NGE, to bad EA Closed EAB down, was a fantastic game, would have given eve a run for its money.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

Shadowbane for me.

I mean CoH/V is obvious, but there will probably be a part 2 for it. SB just had everything a real pvper could ask for and I enjoyed the depth of character progression.  It was difficult, and you had to tweak it, but any race / type / class combo could be played entirely crafted to suit the player and be much different from one person to the next. Yet still be effective as long as you followed tactics and contributed as part of an army, not just a team.

One day maybe we'll see a game of that scale in a real next gen system. 

MINOTAUR BARBARIAN FTW!!!

a yo ho ho

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I voted for Shadowbane. Played it for a long time and had a lot of great memories.

Joined - July 2004

• IggiePuffIggiePuff Member UncommonPosts: 146

Would say AC2, but since it was relaunched a few days ago I'll go with my second choice. Tabula Rasa!

But wouldn't mind seeing SWG and CoH back one day.

• NoyjitatNoyjitat Member Posts: 39
    City of Heroes

image,image

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

None.

I like innvoations, and new games, not old rehash of failed ones.

I really hate innovations because people's sick wish for "innovation" have ruined many could be good games.

From my other post: What?? New Mercedes have also 4 wheels??? Uaaaa.... fail, fail, fail, ... bad Mercedes, bad, bad, ... uaaa.....

Is not problem with games, problem is with people.

• newchemicalsnewchemicals Member Posts: 43

Well I voted for City of Heroes.

its the most worthy game on the list. *IMHO*

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

SWG-PreCu wins it for me.

And yes, due to how different the "different eras" were of SWG, you do need to specify wich era you'd want to see rise.

imageThe last of the Trackers

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

None.

I like innvoations, and new games, not old rehash of failed ones.

this one, plus majority on this site seems to always hail to swg aswell. wich oviously was a failure since its no longer among us. on my opinion its this insert old game name here and praise how good it was when you played it,  just so you think you can be cool gamer.

• BathnorBathnor Member UncommonPosts: 137
    I never played any of those games on the list. My choice would be Horizions, before the blackout. I really wish someone would make a MMO like that. I have tried looking but to no avail. I know the game is still alive as Istaria, but the concept is totaly different.