Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Lifeday" in SWTOR

So I heard there is something going on about Lifeday in SWTOR and I immediately remembered what SWG used to do around Christmas. Ya know, lifeday being an ingame event. 

Instead, with SWTOR, we got a stack of 25 fireworks, this thread, and a bunch of items in the cash shop.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=570002

So, I won't tell you what I think, but please tell me what YOU think..

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I thought Christmas was about giving and not spending tons of cash on gambling in the marketplace..  This games holiday event is the worst I have ever seen.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172
    It was the thing that broke my will to play the game any longer. I was having a blast too, but come on..... I could have handled stuff in the cash shop if there was a way to get it in game, or events to get them or something, but ONLY in the cash shop was so shady. It couldn't have been a bigger slap in my face. And yes, no content is better than this content.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    I thought Christmas was about giving and not spending tons of cash on gambling in the marketplace..  This games holiday event is the worst I have ever seen.

Haa..not that i disagree with your sentiment but let me know one MMO that won't try to take more than they are willing to give you on christmas event.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

Haa..not that i disagree with your sentiment but let me know one MMO that won't try to take more than they are willing to give you on christmas event.

Even though I'm not playing GW2 much atm, I'm impressed with the free part of their event. I'm definitely not going to use real cash for anything in their shop.  Gambling for a chance at rare items in a cash shop is the newest plague in MMOs.  It's pathetic.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    It all on the cash shop, so much for holiday, here treet yorself.
  • ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227

This pretty much sums it up sadly. It also happens to be be real close to the one year anniversary for this game. I would have expected far more, but pretty much everything besides a stack of 25 fireworks is in the cash shop. There's no real event in-game. No "Lifeday" decorations on any of the planets. It's really just kind of sad. I always really enjoy the outfits and atmosphere MMO's create around the holidays with events and decorations. Fortunately, I can play GW2 and forget about Lifeday.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

Even though I'm not playing GW2 much atm, I'm impressed with the free part of their event. I'm definitely not going to use real cash for anything in their shop.  Gambling for a chance at rare items in a cash shop is the newest plague in MMOs.  It's pathetic.

GW2 had gambling boxes too on Halloween, but ArenaNet got rid of them after numerous complaints, creating a more reliable way for users to get the items they wanted without gambling.  It's kind of a different setup there as well, since cashshop currency can be bought from the trader market from other players (gold for  cashshop "gems").

I'd say playing SWTOR over the holidays (Life Day) would have been more desirable, but I guess I'll have to settle for the in-game events of GW2 or other MMO.  And / Or just play some single player games / light SWTOR, till SWTOR implements some of their grand ideas they want but don't seem to have the time to do .. /shrug.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    [mod edit]

or Bioware even lost their hardcore supporters by now, with that "event".

Wouldn´t be surprised..

The Return of ELITE !

• BranocBranoc Member UncommonPosts: 9

Well what can you say about a game that had so good potential to be a good game, flopped in a month after relese and yeat havent Bioware and EA learn by there mistake!

I did not renew my SUB when i herd it go to free to play  and did not like how they have the free to play part compare to GW2!

And i buyed the Collector edition to!

And still mad that they forced to close SWG to get this, i payed gladly 15 bucks for it eaven if i played full time other mmo's during the time!

Give me a SWG 2 please with the content we had in SWG it was so awsome eaven if Sony did some big mistake!

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by FromHell
    [mod edit]

Wouldn´t be surprised..

It will take more that this to loose hardcore supporters. Don't hold your breath here. Yes, we are disappointed, but we are not prone to overreacting over little things LOL.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    [mod edit]

Wouldn´t be surprised..

It will take more that this to loose hardcore supporters. Don't hold your breath here. Yes, we are disappointed, but we are not prone to overreacting over little things LOL.

Till then I was willing to pay them for trying to improve the game.

With the latest scam, I could not bear keeping subscribing anymore.

I mean paying for Christmas content? Also  the items are mostly  reskins like the speeder (old new), or  values changed in the hue parameters like for the revan's gear?

Then looking at the future:

• World PvP will only be based around timed events
    • Makeb is far from landing
    • No new V.O. Class content: only wolrd ones
    • Multiplayer & 3D Space content is still a wet dream

Then no targert or target transfer, no mouse over healing, no shared legacy bank accout, no dual specs, no gear dyes, no convenient appearance tabs, no hiding gear slots, no chat bubbles, no companions roles kits, ...anytime soon.

Originally posted by Deewe
    [mod edit]

Wouldn´t be surprised..

Till then I was willing to pay them for trying to improve the game.

With the latest scam, I could not bear keeping subscribing anymore.

I mean paying for Christmas content? Also  the items are mostly  reskins like the speeder (old new), or  values changed in the hue parameters like for the revan's gear?

Then looking at the future:

• World PvP will only be based around timed events
    • Makeb is far from landing
    • No new V.O. Class content: only wolrd ones
    • Multiplayer & 3D Space content is still a wet dream

Then no targert or target transfer, no mouse over healing, no shared legacy bank accout, no dual specs, no gear dyes, no convenient appearance tabs, no hiding gear slots, no chat bubbles, no companions roles kits, etc.

Earlier this year, I though the Super Secret Space project might have been a great anniversary present. It didn't happen, and EA lists that as "far off" from their current scheduled activities.

/sigh

EA is just a sloppy company and I'm really sad that George Lucas picked them :(   Star Wars deserves so much more.  In hindsight, SOE, would have been the better choice.. or NCSoft ...

It's unclear when exactly Lucas picked up the contract,  (BioWare sold to EA in 2007)  BioWare had a MMO in mind (prior to 2007), but it wasn't publicized as a Star Wars MMO until after EA took the reigns ..

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Sounds Like the GW2 halloween. we all know how well that went over in the forums.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

LOL

Even $$$ Grubbing SOE made Lifeday, and all the other holiday event stuff, free for everyone.

Even Trial Accounts (older than 10 days before the start of the event) got to participate

EA/Bioware is pathetic

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• SWGbestevaSWGbesteva Member Posts: 10
    who knew swtor would suck....god it sucks that swg was taken down for this, i know im biased
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Lifeday in SWTOR is as  awesomes you can make it for you. OK, I am a bit drunk /grin, but Me and my guildies are running together evrywhere  and having fun with fiireworks, music boxes, tinsel bombs and robots following us aroung... atmosphere is pretty. We had a quite party started in front of Karraga,,, not behind him as his fartd are deadly..... we avoid his back pretty muvh all the time. Boy he was pissed. Then we killed him, not sure how that actually happened but we did,  and then we were dancing on his remains, trying to avoudd the burning oil, I think though somegody got siome minor burns /shrug.  Fireworkd are great, Gandalf mush have help with preparation,

Lifeday is for people who can create it.... so we created sandboxy Lifeday. We did not need devs not  anybody to tell us what to do and so we felt absolutely fantastic.

You all have your all fantastic live day in SWTOR. wherever you want to have it:) and don't forget to bring the tinsel bomb - it is fantastic!!!!!

PC. OK I can barely type /grin Cheers and good night :)

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Lifeday in SWTOR is as  awesomes you can make it for you. OK, I am a bit drunk /grin, but Me and my guildies are running together evrywhere  and having fun with fiireworks, music boxes, tinsel bombs and robots following us aroung... atmosphere is pretty. We had a quite party started in front of Karraga,,, not behind him as his fartd are deadly..... we avoid his back pretty muvh all the time. Boy he was pissed. Then we killed him, not sure how that actually happened but we did,  and then we were dancing on his remains, trying to avoudd the burning oil, I think though somegody got siome minor burns /shrug.  Fireworkd are great, Gandalf mush have help with preparation,

Lifeday is for people who can create it.... so we created sandboxy Lifeday. We did not need anybody to feel absolutely fantastic.

You all have your all fantastic live day in SWTOR. wherever you want to have it:) and don't forget to bring the tinsel bomb - it is fantastic!!!!!

Hmm Roleplay sums up the party events this year with SWTOR.  On their anniversary.

It's like telling your kids to watch TV on their birthday, and telling them to have fun.  Everything on TV is free, but those whistle toys that blow outward, a celebration cake, and those party face masks cost money, so they are off limits.  None of which can be afforded for your very own kid.

Hrmmph!  We are the kids here.  And I do feel like I went to my own birthday party and was only allowed to watch TV. :(

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697
    Originally posted by ezpz77

This pretty much sums it up sadly. It also happens to be be real close to the one year anniversary for this game. I would have expected far more, but pretty much everything besides a stack of 25 fireworks is in the cash shop. There's no real event in-game. No "Lifeday" decorations on any of the planets. It's really just kind of sad. I always really enjoy the outfits and atmosphere MMO's create around the holidays with events and decorations. Fortunately, I can play GW2 and forget about Lifeday.

That stuff doesn't happen without artists and developers.

Anyone care to tell how big their team is these days.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    Sounds Like the GW2 halloween. we all know how well that went over in the forums.

and GW2 does not have a sub either!

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    I mean... at least GW2 puts efforts into events with the cash shop stuff.  They really put no effort at all into it except purely to cash in some money with no effort to really give anything of quality... kind of like the star wars christmas special. :)
  • LyvinsLyvins Member Posts: 70

its the little things that do it sometimes. 

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    Originally posted by Karteli

Lifeday is for people who can create it.... so we created sandboxy Lifeday. We did not need anybody to feel absolutely fantastic.

Hmm Roleplay sums up the party events this year with SWTOR.  On their anniversary.

It's like telling your kids to watch TV on their birthday, and telling them to have fun.  Everything on TV is free, but those whistle toys that blow outward, a celebration cake, and those party face masks cost money, so they are off limits.  None of which can be afforded for your very own kid.

Hrmmph!  We are the kids here.  And I do feel like I went to my own birthday party and was only allowed to watch TV. :(

Nice analogy.

You forgot to add they'd have to pay to have the cake coming along their birthday. ;)

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

well finally they DID set a new standard im MMOs

i can see the reason in not using resources for temporary stuff like this,,better use them on REAL content and bughunting

they should just have mailed a life day orb to ALL players, and totally dropped the disco lawnmower

that would have been so much better for their reputation,,this will hurt the game a lot

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

18$ for that cheesy lifeday speeder with lights.

18 DOLLARS (!!!) Insane.

I wonder who bought that, didn´t see anyone riding this last time I logged into my F2P account. The best quote to describe this was from the last Gamebreaker episode --- "SWTOR is out of control"

The Return of ELITE !

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by Pelaaja
    Originally posted by ezpz77

That stuff doesn't happen without artists and developers.

Anyone care to tell how big their team is these days.

There were enough do draw pictures to put on the cash shop.