Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Ghost in the Shell MMO announced.

IsturiIsturi Phoenix, AZPosts: 1,509Member
I kid you not Nexon who gave us "Maple Story" has announced that they will develop a new MMO "Ghost in the Shell" very little is known at this point. One of the biggest cause for concern for me is that it is after all Nexon. Can they turn one of the biggest Anime titles who has a huge fan base and turn it into a decent game? Yes Ghost has been out over 20 years now. I myself is a fan of the anime. Im not going to hold my breath. I'll just have to hope that Nexon can pull it off.

Comments

• AeliousAelious Portland, ORPosts: 2,854Member Uncommon
    A fantastic IP for an MMO. We'll see how the final product ends up.
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Salt Lake City, UTPosts: 1,314Member

Ugh... I dunno. Unless they plan on making it a shooter MMO, I do not see this as being successfull.

And I hate shooter MMOs.

• KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 3,012Member Uncommon
    I think this is terrible news. To me it's akin to the decision to make the Family Guy MMO. Ghost In the Shell is one of the most highly thought of scifi IP's, it cant possibly live up to the standards it needs to.
  • ReizlaReizla AlkmaarPosts: 3,301Member Uncommon
    AWESOME NEWS! I hope we can play a tachikoma then as well ;-)

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
    GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
    ASUS GTX970 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

• RidelynnRidelynn Fresno, CAPosts: 4,179Member Uncommon

I liked Vindictus pretty well, the IP is great (one of my favorite). I remain cautiously optimistic. I could see it turning out a lot like dot.hack

• macodevmacodev VV, CAPosts: 13Member
    Originally posted by Isturi
    I kid you not Nexon who gave us "Maple Story" has announced that they will develop a new MMO "Ghost in the Shell" very little is known at this point. One of the biggest cause for concern for me is that it is after all Nexon. Can they turn one of the biggest Anime titles who has a huge fan base and turn it into a decent game? Yes Ghost has been out over 20 years now. I myself is a fan of the anime. Im not going to hold my breath. I'll just have to hope that Nexon can pull it off.

I have high hopes of Nexon pulling through on this one and a lot of good feedback and support from the community about Ghost in the shell. I do not think it will be a big hit, or a decent game. The good news is, they already like him, so it will make the sales, but going viral after that, doubtful.

• L0stL0st Indianapolis, INPosts: 77Member

I'm mildly excited about this. Me being a big Ghost in the shell fan and anime fan in general. I just worry that it will be like most others released these days... a FAILURE. :(

Def something to keep and eye on though. We need more good Scifi MMOs

• halobumphalobump BrightonPosts: 380Member
    Remember the Playstation game back when the Playerstation hadn't yet been reduced to an acronym?