Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest 1 much larger game world then EQ2?

Imperator101Imperator101 Member Posts: 131

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zlvlchart.html  List of EQ1 zones.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Zones_By_Level  List of EQ1 zones. Boasting over 500 zones.

EverQuest 2 seems very small, they don't have many Zones, WoW has more Zones, I know many of EQ2's zones are larger but most of that is a lot of open space. Doesn't seem like there is much to explore concering the open world non-instance zones. Is that site missing some open world zones for EQ2?  

Comments

• Josh007CLJosh007CL Member CommonPosts: 38

EverQuest 1 probably is larger seeing as it has more expansions to bring out content. I have never actually played it so don't hold me to that. But EverQuest 2 actually is a big game. There are multiple large zones for each level range including many dungeons each zone. There is plenty to explore and plenty to do in EQ2 if you haven't played it before.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

The EQ2 world is bigger and has more points of interest than the World of Warcraft world. If anything, WoW had more dead space.

EQ1 is bigger, because it is twice as old as EQ2. EQ2 is still playing catch up by revisiting EQ1 zones.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    While EQ1 is ten times larger then EQ2 ( Played both for years ) in EQ1 you could get lost because of so many zones to go through if you don't know where to go and meet up with people, EQ1 has many zones that are pretty much dead because of the size of the world itself.
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

it would take more time to run across EQ1's world but EQ2's world has more things in it.

EQ2 also has a lot of mini zones in their zones which is nice.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Running across EQ1, from Freeport to Qeynos (or vise versa) would take about 30-45 minutes.  30 minutes if you had SOE (Spirit of the Eagle), which gave a minor runspeed boost.  It was a HELLUVA trip .. even the lower level mobs could kick your ass, if you didn't path or wait patiently for them to move.

Ahh EverQuest. .. :)

SOE: Make EverQuest Next just as scary and unforgiving and you have me as a customer!

/daydream

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by Karteli

Running across EQ1, from Freeport to Qeynos (or vise versa) would take about 30-45 minutes.  30 minutes if you had SOE (Spirit of the Eagle), which gave a minor runspeed boost.  It was a HELLUVA trip .. even the lower level mobs could kick your ass, if you didn't path or wait patiently for them to move.

Ahh EverQuest. .. :)

SOE: Make EverQuest Next just as scary and unforgiving and you have me as a customer!

/daydream

Ah... Kithicor Forest and Highpass Hold... Kithicor has the much more dangerous denizens, but hugging the north wall could get you through in reasonable safety. The orcs and gnolls of Highpass are much more trouble for the lowbies because the zone is one giant chokepoint. And of course some of the characters hanging out at the inns might just arbitrarily kill you for no apparent reason.

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

EQ1 is larger due to it's age.

EQ2 has more landmass than every other mainstream MMO combined. (Not counting EQ1 and VG.)

It's several times the size of WOW, for example - even with less zones.