Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does race selection "matter" in Unholy Wars?

I played Darkfall 1.0 long ago and have pre-ordered Unholy Wars and am cautiously optimistic!

I'm curious if character race matters anymore - and couldn't find the info anywhere.

If I understand it correctly, the old racial divisions no longer apply (so orks/teenwolf wouldn't appear "red" to humans, etc), right? So in terms of playing with buddies, would it even matter what race one chose anymore? Are there any bonuses/negatives to the various races, or is everything purely cosmetic now?

Just wondering! If anyone has a better idea, would be awesome. And if not - I guess I can just find out tomorrow as well (assuming the beta isn't delayed).

Comments

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    All depends if attack range and hit boxes have been normalised or not. That was the biggest factor in race selection.
  • GadzyGadzy Member Posts: 143
    They don't matter.
  • KnutCupKnutCup Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I have not read anything, either way. I am assuming that that has not changed, and yes, we will find out tomorrow.
  • gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73

According to the lore, all races have united in order to fight the greater evil, so you will be able to visit any racial city you want, no matter what race you are.
    Its up to the players now to decide if they want to be hostile against other races or not.

We dont have any info about racials abilities.

From what we ve seen so far, it looks like all races will have similar size bodies, which means that the hitboxes will be the same.

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    They have actually stated at least twice that races in unholywars are purely visual only. there will be no racial abilities this time, or different sized hitboxes.

My blog: image

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by Consensus
    They have actually stated at least twice that races in unholywars are purely visual only. there will be no racial abilities this time, or different sized hitboxes.

Thankfully they choose the right decision. Giving different hitbox size depending on the races is one of the most dumbest thing ever in PvP. Racials abilities can also create some imbalances too so I'm glad that they get rid of it.

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

its not just for gameplay balance, but it also means much less developer time rigging armour models to different skeletons. which means they can make more armours. also means fewer models and animations to load, which will increase performance.

its definitely for the best. Though I do agree the new mahirim model does look quite fugly, the new concept art for it was great but badly recreated ingame.

My blog: image