Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Darkfall fiasco and most worthless support I've ever contacted

2»

Comments

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Saying why would i forget my account details makes no sense..

Why would they lose ur account details if mine acount since launch is still there? they wont

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by Onigod

Saying why would i forget my account details makes no sense..

Why would they lose ur account details if mine acount since launch is still there? they wont

Look, I don't know how I can prove this, I have my account details because they EMAILED them to me a month ago when they were fixing my account.

I am not sure what happened if they somehow screwed up my account, or deleted it in the process of restoreing it, or transfering it.  I don't know, neither do you.

The replies I'm starting to get to this post are absurd.  Like I would make all this up, or it would be so simple as I would have forgotten my username which I have in my email because they SENT IT TO ME a month ago.  They reset my password.

I don't know what happened, or how it happened, if i did obviously I would not be here posting about it and feeding people who can't fathom that something on their end got screwed up.  Why is my story so hard to believe?

Is AV's reputation so good that it is unfathonable they could screw something up?  It doesn't really matter to me, It's not the screw up that is making me mad, its the customer support.

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

It did the same thing to me (no account when I tried to log in).

What you have to do is first click on "BUY" and then you get to the page to enter your information (username - you can enter the same one as the old one; Name, address,...). At the bottom of that page you select "I have purchased Darkfall Online in the past." and there you can enter your old account.

This will link your old account to the new one and give you the discounted subscription only price.

Did you do this?

• PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Just for this reason alone... I will again, not be playing this game. Some companies just have bad security, bad CS, or something that just doesn't sit right. Too bad for your issues, that stinks! Good to hear though, was about a 50/50 on this game, but now im 100% not going in.

Originally posted by BigMango

It did the same thing to me (no account when I tried to log in).

What you have to do is first click on "BUY" and then you get to the page to enter your information (username - you can enter the same one as the old one; Name, address,...). At the bottom of that page you select "I have purchased Darkfall Online in the past." and there you can enter your old account.

This will link your old account to the new one and give you the discounted subscription only price.

Did you do this?

Yes.

This is where I get the information "Account not found" or something like that.

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345

I'm also getting this. I'm a bit of a pack rat so I save all my old emails(original purchase and account registration). Attempt to link: Not found. Attempt to reset: Not found. Any other company I'd call it a system error...but with these fellas I wouldn't be surprised if it were a quick cash grab to have people purchase an entirely new account instead of resub an old one.

Edit: Hah, just tried to register to see what would happen and it let me use my old username...seems my account no longer exists.

• LucylooselegsLucylooselegs Member Posts: 4

This is AV we're dealing with.

I promise, you will be less ans less impressed as you play DFUW beta :D

I put up with AV's shortcomings because at the end of the hard road, they do produce an amazing game.

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    Welcome to Adveturine.
  • reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

OP, it sucks to hear about this.  I hope you get it sorted out.  Just out of curiosity, when you tried to login with your old account, were using the new website?  Or were you trying to login via the old account management website?

Here's the link to the old account management site: https://accounts-us.darkfallonline.com/account/

Not sure if that's going to help or not.

• trallatralla Member Posts: 290
    Seems easier to just pay the extra 15£..
  • ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

imo, its better to stay clear, as the company has demonstrated their pathetic poor customer services, even sony, blizzard does better than this.

i would guess your problem is due to df1 being decommissioned and somehow it's still showing as ban etc.., hence not being able to link it when u pre-ordered dfuw.

as suggested if u are really that desperate to throw $$ at AV again or just walk away

my 2c

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    well it suprises me that somebody actually trust adventurine after first darkfall.
  • MMO_FanMMO_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by crysent

Greetings,  

I've decided to come to the forums and draw attention to myself. Let me begin...

You alredy had the info that the new CS guy needed to verify your account and open your ticket.

He asked you to forward that info to him so he can follow his CS procedure.

Instead of clicking your mouse 4 times to forward those 2 emails to the new CS guy - you come here to bitch and moan long-winded style.

Originally posted by MMO_Fan

Greetings,  

I've decided to come to the forums and draw attention to myself. Let me begin...

You alredy had the info that the new CS guy needed to verify your account and open your ticket.

Instead of clicking your mouse 4 times to forward those 2 emails to the new CS guy - you come here to bitch and moan long-winded style.

Yes.  Because I'd rather be a stupid monkey and send him the same exact emails again, so we can play the same exact game again, and I can recieve the same exact responses again and wait the same exact month again.

And the CS procedure you speak of would be what exactly?  I send him 20 emails and fax over personal information and in the end I'm back where we started?

[mod edit]
  • Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by MMO_Fan

Greetings,  

So you would not moan just as much if you had to go through the same unprofessional support from Aventurine?

Right.

Getting your account back should take 30 minutes, not a month.

My account worked 3 weeks ago but i had to buy a new one. It had stopped to work just before beta was about to start. I didnt have the stamina to go through the by OP described procedure.

And im sure i definetly isnt alone. Good profit for them to get players to pay twice for the game, isnt it?