Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interested in trying it out.

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Got another horse and stabled it. Went to the bank to get my stable receipt and it was instantly pickpocketed. The guy then brought my horse from the stable and killed it in front of me.
    lol! thats full on

can i put that in the sig?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Originally posted by Energyo
    Originally posted by Biskop
    Actually the official forums are less reliable, since they are heavily censored and most non-fanboy posts are removed. Here you can get a more unbiased picture.

No doubt that they are somewhat censored but that's kind of also a bs statement in the same way.  I've said shit on the forums there that I thought would get removed but they were not. I and many others have voiced our displeasure on there.

Kind of censored??? LOL understatement of the year. They ban people for pointing out GM exploits, not sure how much irrelevant a forum can become. Run home to Discord and tell him his work is nearly done.... MO is nearly dead.

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    just logged for the first time today.. the beginning area was completely empty... but the game mechanics are interesting as the game is my first real sandbox.. this might be a silly gripe to some... but why have good char creation to not be able to see my char on the screen..?

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

Originally posted by Neo_Liberty
    just logged for the first time today.. the beginning area was completely empty... but the game mechanics are interesting as the game is my first real sandbox..

You probably choosed one of the less populated cities to start in.

I recommend new players to start in Tendrim as this is currently the only place you have the startup tutorials (you get some easy access to stuff to start with), and then to move on South along the coast to Meduli.

this might be a silly gripe to some... but why have good char creation to not be able to see my char on the screen..?

You see your char as you see yourself in real life.

so... delete my char and start over?

so... delete my char and start over?

If you just started, this is what I would do yes.

it won't load into tordraim.. crashes on splash screen

edit: Tendrim

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    What is tendrim?  that a new city?  I know they have a tindrem. 

it won't load into tordraim.. crashes on splash screen

edit: Tendrim

Hmm... it was working fine for me. Try to quit the game completely and then restart from the launcher.

Perhaps you'll also get more help on the mortalonline forums.

Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    What is tendrim?  that a new city?  I know they have a tindrem. 

Yep, that's it.

sucks for me... says on the forum that a lot of ppl can't load into tindrem.. something about it not being optimized.

sucks for me... says on the forum that a lot of ppl can't load into tindrem.. something about it not being optimized.

That's the thread with your problem I guess. It affects some people only. They're working on a fix:

https://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/lots-of-crashing.81620/

Originally posted by BigMango

That's the thread with your problem I guess. It affects some people only. They're working on a fix:

I got in.. but after maybe 5 min it crashes.. i'm gonna keep trying and do as much as i can until i get too frustrated to continue.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

I got in.. but after maybe 5 min it crashes.. i'm gonna keep trying and do as much as i can until i get too frustrated to continue.

choose meduli instead, its a populated area just avoid tindrem until the fix.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by deathshroud

does it have the tutorial?

does it have the tutorial?

no but if you can think on your feet and prepare first as wel you can learn the game from players and the forums

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    This is rather hilarious. The same type of discussion have been going on for years.

New player: The game is empty and there are no hints on what to do.
    Fanboy: You logged in to the wrong place, log in to Tindrem instead.
    New player: Ok, when I do that the game crashes.
    Fanboy: Then log in to some other place.
    New player: But.. then it will be empty and lacking tutorial, right?
    Fanboy: Not if you've got what it takes! Guess you're not hardcore enough, eh?

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    it was quite populated when i logged in a few nights ago.  people all over.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

When I played Darkfall, there were a bunch of players who roleplayed mass murderers.  They would camp newbie zones then rez you after they killed you.

I found this practice to be insanely stupid and actually gave one of the guys a piece of my  mind.  Not sure, but you can probably find my conversation in my screenshot gallery.

Never had such a miserable experience in Mortal Online, but when I played, the game was quite unpopulated and unplayable at night.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by SuperXero89

when I played, the game was quite unpopulated and unplayable at night.

i believe only post-F2P population checks are of interest to the OP.

going F2P changes everything

Corpus Callosum    

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Its good to see MO starting to get some life back.   The crashing issue is a long standing issue, most of the time its related to bad code optimization on lower and mid range systems.  

As for MO being a sandbox its not.   Its a persistant online first person slasher with some crafting thrown in to keep it from getting stale. 

If they fixed the hack issues, biased GMs, and latancy issues.   

BTW, there is only one race to play in MO.

Thursar (half-orc) + Khurite.

Anything else is gimped in a fight.

So much crap, so little quality.

This is rather hilarious. The same type of discussion have been going on for years.

tindrem has been open for years has it?

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

tindrem has been open for years has it?

No ofc not. I wrote the same TYPE of discussion. Swap Tindrem for Fab or Meduli and you have the 2010 version.

• ZeerahaZeeraha Member UncommonPosts: 67

Population is more than decent in Tindrem, it is so populated that my old machine can barely handle so much actors on screen. All new players unaccustomed to MO must start in Tindrem to get to the Tutorial. Even there, they must be armed with some patience and pay attention to quest instruction and advices. Also, all noobs get access to help channel. 

Some more brave noobs start in Meduli, so they don't have access to Tutorial, but kinda get lost. Still, even without Tutorial, there are so many UI help tips that pop up for each action. When I started MO during beta(without any Tutorial, tool tips, and friends) I managed to discover game mechanics on my own and learn by playing the game. I see some noobs try this approach and some of them prosper quite fast.

And yes, there are many irritating bugs, but even with my old machine, my client quite rarely crashes. Concerning GM corruption, I played MO for more than 2 years with pauses, but I only heard rumors about GM corruption and never experienced it by my self, even when former guild in which I was member was involved in war. Still, some players (some admited as hackers) like to yell on forums about it, like MO is most corrupted MMO on market. I played my share of other MMO's, and difference is that AAA developers hide all incidents, while SV has no resources for PR machine.

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    Seen GM corruption firsthand. Hand Theia in TS at times on the issue as well. I'd honestly have to say the GMs are suspect. I've literally had a friend get constantly kicked from server by herius. Once it was reported up the ladder, he feigned innocence and said he was pressing the wrong button... As most ppl who were counselors know, it is a typed out command, not a button. Also have been scouted by GMs for their respective guilds.