Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eh... I am starting to get interested into this game. Especially after viewing a few videos.

Mr_CMr_C Member Posts: 112

As a long fan of TES I shrugged when I saw that this game was about to be released with the SWTOR engine. I doomed it and was certanly not interested in the game, whatsoever.

After I saw a few videos today and got a little more information about the game today my interested is growing. It seems, despite that SWTOR is heavily instanced, which truly suck, that ESO will be open world. Never thought that. I am so happy to see that I was totally wrong there. The other thing I find very interesting is the plan for mass scale PvP. This brings the PvP in an MMO up to a totally new level. It's a great bonus to the game that they are trying to implement the same feeling to combat as we are used to from TES series; even though I am a good keybinder and easily memorizes 30-40 keybindings I would like a more action paced approach to the game where I feel more "in" the combat in opposite to combat systems like the one in LOTRO where I feel "out of control" of my toon due to it's lame "induction" time and barely none instant skills.

If this game really delivers and live up to it's expectations I would definately consider buying this. It has risen from "absolutely not" to a good "maybe". A good help to this was I began smiling when I saw stuff in the videos that resembled both Skyrim and Oblivion which made me continue seeing more. In either case, I think this game will make or break when it comes to the PvP part, since they seem very serious about this. If they can pull this mass scale PvP off, ESO might be a bigger hit than anyone would dream of when it was listed here on MMORPG.com. What if this game rised up to be a big hit like WoW? Despite it was butchered so bad in beginning that it seemed doomed to fail due to it's incredible bad ratings; ESO was just not welcomed at all. That would be quite shocking! It is the first time I have seen a games rating climbing up so high after being rated to the bottom, and still it seem rising higher as the game moves forward to it's release.

I will definately continue to follow this game ("finally" had a look into it today only cause I was bored), cause the standards they have set for this game is sky high. Even I doubt they will be unable to deliver the same feeling overall for the game as I were playing a TES game, but the PvP plans for ESO really caugth my attention since it's my main interest when I play them MMO's.

Well I have to give Elder Scrolls Online another re-review in it's "hype" here. Let's hope it delivers. Thank you all for reading.

Comments

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

I have the same feeling about this game as DFUW. I won't put any hope on those games till I see what it will looks like after release. Lots of great ideas, just need to wait and see how everything will turn out.

If both turns out to be good, I'll be really happy and I will certainly have a hard time decide which one to play.

• Mr_CMr_C Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by SirFubar

I have the same feeling about this game as DFUW. I won't put any hope on those games till I see what it will looks like after release. Lots of great ideas, just need to wait and see how everything will turn out.

If both turns out to be good, I'll be really happy and I will certainly have a hard time decide which one to play.

I think you will need to decide on the DFUW first since it's about to be released. Unless it will be an never ending wait time for it?

In a genre that is already quite boring and littel innovative I was happy to see the plans for this game. It looks like a fresh breath which is so welcomed. When I see all the manpower they have put into pulling this MMO off, I sure we are given something that delivers; cause I pictured another SWTOR failure at first since I was shocked to see the performance of the engine in SWOTR; I certianly hope they are able to make it work here. If not, I will turning my back to this game for good. The game engine performed gamebreaking bad in SWTOR.

• LhynnSaintLhynnSaint Member Posts: 119

After they said that you wont be able to travel to the enemy faction territory i gave up on it. It doesnt have a feature that faction based games like DAoC and Helbreath had over a decade ago, so much failure in such a small package...

TES has always been about freedom and organic gameplay, and this game has neither, so fuck it.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    What videos did it for you? There are only 3 on the site.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by bcbully
    What videos did it for you? There are only 3 on the site.

If I remember correct the one that really did it was the one with a long interview.

Edit: I always watch them through YouTube, so I might have foind it in the sidebar then after I clicked on it here. Should be easy to find at least.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

They are NOT, repeat NOT, using the Hero Engine. They are using their own engine. They licensed the hero engine so they could test some aspects of the game while they were developing their own. This is one of those myths about the game that seems to persist.

Again, TESO is NOT using the Hero Engine.

The combat should feel very much like playing Skyrim. You will have a limited hotbar, because, let's face it, you can't pause an MMO to swap out your active spells/abilities while attacking.

Originally posted by MyTabbycat

They are NOT, repeat NOT, using the Hero Engine. They are using their own engine. They licensed the hero engine so they could test some aspects of the game while they were developing their own. This is one of those myths about the game that seems to persist.

Again, TESO is NOT using the Hero Engine.

The combat should feel very much like playing Skyrim. You will have a limited hotbar, because, let's face it, you can't pause an MMO to swap out your active spells/abilities while attacking.

Awesome. My interest went up abit again!

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    I'm intrigued yet somewhat wary. I hope it turns out well. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron