Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If i pre order today, can i play tomorrow?

AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220
As the title says, would i be able to play tomorrow?

Comments

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

In theory, yes.

Beta starts tomorrow, and they have not yet throttled paid beta, so if the server actually opens up and you can get the files downloaded, you should be in.

Nothing is written in stone though.  In fact one would be smart to assume beta won't start tomorrow on time, but maybe we will get lucky.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Prolly not since game will postpone or be.bugged as hell

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

there is a very high chance that the beta will be postponed. Also the website says they are running this beta in "de-bug mode, and it's not the same build they will be running at launch"......so don't expect much.

• AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Any chance anyone can link where to preorder it at?
  • lkc673lkc673 Member Posts: 149
    So is the open beta up yet? Anyone in the game?
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Beta starts tomorrow for preorder customers.  Well, it's supposed to start tomorrow - given Aventurine's history, I'm not holding my breath.  Expect the worst, that way when it happens, the disappointment is lessened.

OP, if you do decide to preorder, make sure you check the threads here and on Forumfall regarding speeding up the patcher and client download speeds.  I'll link 'em here if I can find 'em.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Double post, but...

Here's the link for the patcher download - I was dling at 130kb/s before someone tossed this up:

http://88.84.153.234/simiran/download/DFUW.exe

And the post from Tasos helping to speed up the client download:

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=337780

Hope these help.

• lkc673lkc673 Member Posts: 149

Isnt the beta today? well im in sydney time.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by lkc673

How is it in tomorrowland?  Today is still yesterday here.  6pm to be exact. 

• ZyzraZyzra Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

there is a very high chance that the beta will be postponed. Also the website says they are running this beta in "de-bug mode, and it's not the same build they will be running at launch"......so don't expect much.

Ah good call, that's a good line for the "Biggest MMORPG lies" thread in the general section

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529
    Originally posted by lkc673

The game will likely go live late CET.  This would be afternoon US, and possibly next day for Asia.