Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Darkfall fiasco and most worthless support I've ever contacted

crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Greetings,  

I've decided to come to the forums because of the complete lack of help I've received from the Darkfall support staff, I will now explain my wonderfully frustrating situation.

I played Darkfall at release, when it came out 4 years ago or so.  Like many other players I got tired of the grind, exploiting, and hacking and put my account away hoping to return someday.

So, this summer when I heard they were re-releasing Darkfall with new systems in place (like professions) I was pretty excited.  I had been craving a sandbox lately and some old guildies were also planning on returning.  Reading the Darkfall website I saw that they were reccomending players get their old accounts in order for the new release.

So...this is where my troubles start, I go to log into my old account and on the subscription page it says "Permanently banned: contact support" - Strange, having not played the game in a very long time I don't understand how this happened.  So...I contact support...

After 5 emails back and fourth with Darkfall staff I receive the following email:

Hello 

Thank you for providing us with the information to verify the account.

We have reason to believe that there has been suspicious activity, so your Darkfall account NA     has been locked. To restore access to this account, please follow these steps:

Followed were simple steps, secure your computer, secure your email and then contact them back.  Well, I haven't had any issues with my computer and hadn't even played Darkfall in some time so was suspicious of the claim that the security breach was on my part...but did as they requested and then notified Support only to receive the following:

In order for us to be able to proceed, please provide us with the following information:

- Your Account Name:

- Your Server:

- The full name and address of the account holder at the time of original purchase:

- The email associated with the account at the time of purchase:

- The last 4 digits of the credit card used to purchase the original product:

- The full name and address of the original card holder listed on the account:

- If purchased via PayPal, the Transaction ID and the original email address used to create the account.

I send them the requested information, except for the original credit card used because that credit card and bank account have long since expired.  I then recieve the following email from Darkfall support:

Firstly, please be aware that we need to verify the ownership of the account first. Once we can confirm ownership of the account, we will be more than happy to assist you with the prior request you have asked for.

With your convenience, to speed up the process -- you may also provide us with a photocopy or a scanned image of a valid photo ID and a recent bank or utility statement with the full name and address of the original credit card or Paypal holder - clearly visible.

You may send this by attaching a JPEG image to this ticket or by sending a fax to our main head office at 0030 210 689 7514. 

Great, now they want a photocopy of my drivers license and a bill...I debate it and finally send it to them from which I receive the following email (please note this took place over about a week of back and fourths):

Greetings,

I have forwarded your inquiry to the correct department. We will investigate the matter and contact you once we have more information.

Regards,

Darkfall Support

A day later I get this:

Hello

Thank you for verifying the account and informing us of the secure pc and email.  We have reset the password and it is being sent to the email address on the account.  We have also removed the ban.

You will need to restore the character if you wish to take advantage of the F2P offer for Darkfall Online Last days.  Please send a ticket to Character restore with the full name of the character you wish restored.

Regards,

Darkfall Support

Great, I log in and everything appears good to go, new password, account is ready I am all set, now all I do is need to wait.

Soo...fast forward a few months and the beta purchase release on Friday.  I get home, I create a new Darkfall Unholy War account, I go to link my old account and get the message that my old account does not exist...

Strange... I try again, and again...nothing.  So I go to the password reset and get the message that my information does not correct.

So I send Darkfall support an email and get the following:

Hello,

In order to verify the ownership of your Darkfall Online account please provide us with the following information:

Account Name:

Full Name and Address of the account holder at the time of original purchase:

Email associated with the account at the time of purchase:

Last 4 digits of the credit card used to purchase the original product:

Full Name and Address of the original card holder listed on the account:

Best regards,

Darkfall Support

That's right, I'm exactly where I started months ago, some ten emails into this fiasco and I've received no help, no real support.

I'm at loss of words as I've never had problems with a company's support as I have had with Darkfall. Never.  At this point I assume my account is lost into oblivion and don't plan on purchasing another Darkfall account, especially with the support I've received.  I understand most people on this forums could care less about my problem, and probably find it humorous more then anything.

I hope someone out there can understand my frustration.  Was looking forward to DFUW, but, this is ridiculous. 

Comments

• BalverineBalverine Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Sound lengthly complicated for no reason. Sorry about all the trouble you seem to be going through.
  • KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104

I don't understand how this is AV's fault?

Sounds like you either have some malvware on your pc or that you just plain simply forgot your acc details

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by Kaminaxius

Sounds like you either have some malvware on your pc or that you just plain simply forgot your acc details

How would I forget my details?  I had just emailed them all my details, which I have records of.  It's AV's fault because my account is gone, it doesn't say "banned" or "locked" or anything, there is no record of my account.

I can look at my email and see all my information from when they reset my account a month ago and I could log in.  I have no malware on my computer, for some reason I thought someone would claim this, I have an up to date Virus scanner, I also have various other MMOs I am currently playing and have never had problems with any of them.  Ofc though I don't expect you to believe any of what I say and to just keep claiming its on my part that my account doesn't seem to exist anymore.

I don't think you fully understand what my situation was.  I quit darkfall like 3 years ago, hadn't touched the game in years, didn't log in or use it for anyreason, played lots and lots of MMOs since then.

When I went to log in 3 months ago I got the message my account was hacked on my subscription page.  After the above email exchange they removed the banned, my password was reset, email changed.

Now, I can't even log into a subscription page, my account seemingly doesn't even exist.

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Sorry for your loss (of time). Not much else we can do here. I've had similar sh*tty support with Blizzard, it happens. 
  • aerelisaerelis Member Posts: 56
    quite literally every time I log into my battle.net account I am locked out, I just gave up on diablo 3 because of it.

Aere Bourne

• gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73

Did you log in to your account after they restored it the first time?

And what exactly happened the second time? Did you send them the info they requested or just didnt bother?

Originally posted by gchris7

Did you log in to your account after they restored it the first time?

And what exactly happened the second time? Did you send them the info they requested or just didnt bother?

Yes, I logged in after they restored it, not into game because they had taken the Darkfall server down, just into the account subscription page - everything was good.

The second time when I try - it just simply says no account found, when I put in the information.

• Victor001brVictor001br Member UncommonPosts: 9
    i hate when i need help from games supports team. they always make more headache. but this support team can make headaches and cancer. Good luck my friend.
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by crysent

Greetings,   

I've decided to come to the forums because of the complete lack of help I've received from the Darkfall support staff, I will now explain my wonderfully frustrating situation.

I hope someone out there can understand my frustration.  Was looking forward to DFUW, but, this is ridiculous. 

Ok I can see you're clearly dealing with a lower level CS person who has no authority to do anything but ask for information before kicking it up the chain. It sucks we've all done it and no one should have to. Posting here will get you comiseration but no progress. So what's your end game?

I made the same post on the Darkfall forums buit figured it would get locked/deleted or something of that sort.

I posted here for a few reasons: To express my frustration on a forum where my post would not get deleted/locked by the mods.

And to see if anyone had similar issues.

But, honestly, mostly I did it as a way of expressing my problems with the AV support, which, I believe considering the situation and the impending re-release of their game is fair enough reason to make a post on the darkfall forums on mmorpg.com

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

i've either gotten stuck in world, where the game thinks i'm falling/running, so i can't bindstone recall, or some other situations where i needed help.  about 4 times.

and everytime when doing /gm_help they responded within 1-2 minutes, and ported me to safety within just a few more minutes.

any time i've gone that in a AAA game, IF i EVER get a response its like 30 minutes or more

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

• gchris7gchris7 Member Posts: 73

I dont understand.

Did you give them the info they requested the second time? If yes, what happened then? Did they say that it cant be restored?

Originally posted by corpusc

i've either gotten stuck in world, where the game thinks i'm falling/running, so i can't bindstone recall, or some other situations where i needed help.  about 4 times.

and everytime when doing /gm_help they responded within 1-2 minutes, and ported me to safety within just a few more minutes.

any time i've gone that in a AAA game, IF i EVER get a response its like 30 minutes or more

First off this clearly has nothing to do with GM help via in game, this is more of an account support issue.  If I could get into game then none of this would be a problem.

Second, I'm not sure what you are getting at, that I'm making this all up?  that somehow my issue coulden't possibly exist? or that I shouldn't complain because the in-game help is good?

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    You have my sympathy.  Aventurine's communication abilities have never been impressive, but recent daily updates are steps in the right direction.  I've not had reason to contact their support department, but I would imagine they need to focus on improving that over the next few months since a whole new crop of players will be incoming due to Steam.
  • corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by corpusc

First off this clearly has nothing to do with GM help via in game, this is more of an account support issue.  If I could get into game then none of this would be a problem.

Second, I'm not sure what you are getting at, that I'm making this all up?  that somehow my issue coulden't possibly exist? or that I shouldn't complain because the in-game help is good?

i'm not saying anything against you or to discredit you.

i AM saying that "DF SUPPORT OVERALL SUCKS FOR EVERYBODY BECAUSE OF MY SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE" would be a wrong thing to say.

& i'm not necessarily saying you said that.

Corpus Callosum    

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Soo...fast forward a few months and the beta purchase release on Friday.  I get home, I create a new Darkfall Unholy War account, I go to link my old account and get the message that my old account does not exist...

Strange... I try again, and again...nothing.  So I go to the password reset and get the message that my information does not correct.

That's right, I'm exactly where I started months ago, some ten emails into this fiasco and I've received no help, no real support.

I'm at loss of words as I've never had problems with a company's support as I have had with Darkfall. Never.  At this point I assume my account is lost into oblivion and don't plan on purchasing another Darkfall account, especially with the support I've received.  I understand most people on this forums could care less about my problem, and probably find it humorous more then anything.

Did you try to renew DF:UW through your old account first?   If you tried to do that more than 3 times in a 24 hr period they probably locked your account for suspicious activity.

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

So I have a question...

Is your time so meaningless to you that you put this much effort into something to save $15?

Darkfall support is awful because they don't have a support team.  They have developers that answer the support emails sometimes.

You went through a months of trouble to save yourself $15.  You really should've just made a new account and said fuck it.  If you want to play in the last days of DF1 you could max out a brand new character in 12 hours total.  

I'm not justifying AV's lack of support, but you're just as at fault as they are.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Ya same almost, lost account name......no support at all,.emailed, posted, called.....totally worthless, makes me wonder how game support will be.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Kaminaxius

Did you even read what he wrote?

He had everything sorted out and then he had to start from the beginning again.

How can that not be Aventurines fault?

• SavageoneSavageone Member UncommonPosts: 80

Doesn't this happen with every game? Somebody is always bitchin' about how bad they were treated and didn't get what they wanted.

See what happens when you let zombies take over the customer service department.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    It sucks the OP is having to go through it all again. I would include all of the previous emails I had sent and they had sent the first time around. May speed it up.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Originally posted by indef

So I have a question...

Is your time so meaningless to you that you put this much effort into something to save $15?

Darkfall support is awful because they don't have a support team.  They have developers that answer the support emails sometimes.

You went through a months of trouble to save yourself $15.  You really should've just made a new account and said fuck it.  If you want to play in the last days of DF1 you could max out a brand new character in 12 hours total.  

I'm not justifying AV's lack of support, but you're just as at fault as they are.

I think you mis-understand my situation...I went through all the fiasco BEFORE they announced the beta and game price of DFUW.  I went through it thinking I was getting a pretty good deal at 15$.

But at this point I'm so frustrated I've given up altogether.

No, it wasn't worth my time, but at the time I had no idea what the full version price would be, if it would even go up for sale.  In my credit they were not exactly upfront with information a month and two ago.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Sure its the customer to blame for company loosing all  account information.

OP the first time they claimed you got hacked i would investigate if their security system doesn't fullfill todays security standards  and they get hacked and account info stolen, like Sony not long ago. 

This has to worry everyone of their customer . It sounds to  me very fishy that you didn't touched your account for 3 years to find it banned. AV must have been hacked and account informattion stolen from customers in the meantime.  

Then after you had everything sorted it out 1 month ago. How can they loose account information of a customer in 1 months time ?  Tha handling ofd information is  really very very worrying and thats not a surprise such a company who doesnt care about customers data is inclined to wipe anything like they did.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

OP the first time they claimed you got hacked i would investigate if their security system doesn't fullfill todays security standards  and they get hacked and account info stolen, like Sony not long ago. 

This has to worry everyone of their customer . It sounds to  me very fishy that you didn't touched your account for 3 years to find it banned. AV must have been hacked and account informattion stolen from customers in the meantime.  

Now you're claiming AV was hacked, and this is the only account that was compromised?  You're brilliantly jaded, buddy.  In the words of Forumfallers everywhere, Affected.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by jdlamson75

Now you're claiming AV was hacked, and this is the only account that was compromised?  You're brilliantly jaded, buddy.  In the words of Forumfallers everywhere, Affected.

How do we now it was only 1 account. There are pretty much of playres who stoped playing before 4 yeras and sinmply dont care if theior account is banned. I also remind on official forums the many storys of people who claimed theyir account was banned for no reason.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by jdlamson75

Look, I don't know what happened during the three years in which my account was inactive.  All I can post is what I know:

My account was fine when it went inactive, three years later it was banned for being 'hacked'.  I played tons of MMOs never had  a problem with any other, all share the same email address and one would think if hackers had access to my computer, that Darkfall would be the last thing they would try to get my info for, even gold hackers you would think would go after one of my other AAA subs.  I have an active virus subscription and consider myself rather careful.

I don't know how my account became compromised, doesn't matter at this point.  Althought I do have a suspicious it may have beend done through their forums, ofc I can't prove this.  What I do care is that they were completely incapable of fixing what happened.  Or, even slightly helping me.