Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the first thing you will do when you log in ?

Dark_HUmarDark_HUmar Member UncommonPosts: 200
I think I will start gathering resources the moment I log in! (lets hope the servers wont be overloaded because I think there are a way more people going to play then they expect!)

Comments

• FondelFondel Member UncommonPosts: 98
    run as fast as I can away from everyone else and gather up with my guild.
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    probably going to get killed
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Kill the first guy I see running away from everyone else 

jk

dunno I guess I get into crafting or just mess around a bit. I am in no rush to max anything out really.

• LinaksLinaks Member UncommonPosts: 13

I will explore and try everything to have a good experience at release :)

• gekidogekido Member UncommonPosts: 66

Not necessarily in this order...

- Looking over anything customizable like the UI, hotkeys, and configuring them to my liking.

- Cartography.

- Parkour.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    create a character......
  • milluxmillux Member UncommonPosts: 50

Look for something to complain about on the forums!

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    I'm going to get stabby...

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• drlunzedrlunze Member Posts: 3

Learning everything from 0, never played DF :) 

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Hmm...the first thing I will do, (If I decide to buy DF:UW)....get ganked, I'm sure.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104

Go explore the landscape of agon.

I'm so hyped for this never been so eager to get into a game since early UO 

LET ME IN!!!!

• RupskulRupskul Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by drlunze

Same.  I'm sure I'll be a welcome sight to some of the veterans.

Originally posted by Rupskul

I'm brand new to this franchise too, and I couldn't be more excited.  I think it will help new players to have a completely different mindset with this game.  Logging in and thinking about this game as an MMO is almost a mistake, and may set a lot of newcomers up for disappointment 

I plan to treat it like a hardcore FPS game, where I am dropped directly into a war zone.  Even though I'm a big MMORPG fan these days, I've been an FPS gamer since the early 90's, so going in with that mindset from the get-go will likely be benificial.  Also, being prepared to die, a lot, is key.  I don't see that as a bad thing at all, because it's what this game is all about.

Paragus made a really good point in his MMOSmackTalk interview when he said that people shouldn't quit when this game isn't going thier way.  This is a game where you and your clan can spend months or even a year plus building an empire, and then have it all taken away from you only to be left sleeping in the gutters or whoring yourself out to other players that you need money and help from.  On that same token, it's a game where smaller clans may lose their homes fairly frequently, especially in the early days before alliances are etablished.  Solo players will be swimming upstream the entire time, but can still make a name for themselves in combat. This isn't a touchy-feely game where things are handed to you.  You have pry what you want from the cold, dead hands of your enemies. 

On the flip side, it's a game with emerging gameplay, including epic player politics.  If you play your cards right, you can make your mark, and it will be glorious.  I'm looking forward to the ups and downs of this game, including the combat learning curve where I expect to die a lot in beginning, but come back as a kick ass fighter after I pay my dues. Knowing what I know now about this game, I wish I would have tried it out during 1.0.  Despite its shortcomings, it sounds like the players had some amazing times.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    Originally posted by Rupskul

I'm brand new to this franchise too, and I couldn't be more excited.  I think it will help new players to have a completely different mindset with this game.  Logging in and thinking about this game as an MMO is almost a mistake, and may set a lot of newcomers up for disappointment 

I plan to treat it like a hardcore FPS game, where I am dropped directly into a war zone.  Even though I'm a big MMORPG fan these days, I've been an FPS gamer since the early 90's, so going in with that mindset from the get-go will likely be benificial.  Also, being prepared to die, a lot, is key.  I don't see that as a bad thing at all, because it's what this game is all about.

Paragus made a really good point in his MMOSmackTalk interview when he said that people shouldn't quit when this game isn't going thier way.  This is a game where you and your clan can spend months or even a year plus building an empire, and then have it all taken away from you only to be left sleeping in the gutters or whoring yourself out to other players that you need money and help from.  On that same token, it's a game where smaller clans may lose their homes fairly frequently, especially in the early days before alliances are etablished.  Solo players will be swimming upstream the entire time, but can still make a name for themselves in combat. This isn't a touchy-feely game where things are handed to you.  You have pry what you want from the cold, dead hands of your enemies. 

On the flip side, it's a game with emerging gameplay, including epic player politics.  If you play your cards right, you can make your mark, and it will be glorious.  I'm looking forward to the ups and downs of this game, including the combat learning curve where I expect to die a lot until in beginning, but come back as a kick ass fighter after I pay my dues. Knowing what I know now about this game, I wish I would have tried it out during 1.0.  Despite its shortcomings, it sounds like the players had some amazing times.

I like your attitude.  I think you will do fine in this game.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr

Yeah, this is likely to be my initial fate, I'll be going in cold. (no previous DF experience)

Looks like I'll be naked for quite a while. 

But I'm going to let the furor die down, not going to attempt to start now.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr

Yeah, this is likely to be my initial fate, I'll be going in cold. (no previous DF experience)

Looks like I'll be naked for quite a while. 

But I'm going to let the furor die down, not going to attempt to start now.

No Way!  One of the best parts of playing an MMO game is when the server first turns on and everyone is experiencing a game for the first time (assuming it's playable).  I wouldn't miss this for the world, even if it is beta.

• enoliceenolice Member UncommonPosts: 71

Very important is word WHEN from your title if we talking about Aventurine.I do not belive in any of their dates anymore.Just amateurs company throwing always dates like they want.So i hope you guys full of PATIENCE :)

Originally posted by enolice

Very important is word WHEN from your title if we talking about Aventurine.I do not belive in any of their dates anymore.Just amateurs company throwing always dates like they want.So i hope you guys full of PATIENCE :)

I think a lot of people get that now, but let's face it, one of the reasons this game is able to cater to hardcore players is because it comes from an indie developer.  I think we are going to find that most indie developers are lacking the business polish we've come to expect from large, rich companies, but in the end these small companies will likely put out the most interesting games too.  I've made my peace with that.  Reminds me of the old days before huge game corporations existed.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Dark_HUmar
    I think I will start gathering resources the moment I log in! (lets hope the servers wont be overloaded because I think there are a way more people going to play then they expect!)

I will kill you and steal all your resources and smack talk in pm's. 

*flex*

• philparry80philparry80 Member UncommonPosts: 27

Same for me too :-)

Originally posted by Whitebeards

*flex*

I will then buy those resources from you and craft something.

Originally posted by Badaboom

*flex*

I will then kill you, take your crafted item, and salvage it back into resources.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

most indie developers are lacking the business polish we've come to expect from large, rich companies, but in the end these small companies will likely put out the most interesting games too. 

thats exactly it.  if people would go in with reasonable expectations, they would be a lot more happy with a LOT of things in life.

almost everything has its upsides and its downsides like that.

from this & your other post, its sounds like you are mentally prepared for this game.  

we'll have a lot more crap to deal with, but we'll also have MUCH MUCH higher peaks of fun than is possible from the safe & polished AAA games.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

Originally posted by Badaboom

*flex*

I will then kill you, take your crafted item, and salvage it back into resources.

I will buy a new account and befriend you and build up trust for years. We will start up a clan and forge alliances.  I will feed the enemy information and they will defeat us and I will clean out the clan bank...

nah I will just craft a new item.

• DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96
    Exploit epic mobs.