Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you play an accountwide permadeath one box per person MMORPG ?

2»

Comments

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

This is probably the worst idea I have ever seen for a permadeath mmo. Seriously, I don't tend to knock any idea, but this one really takes the cake. So, a game where you're only allowed to purchase it once, and then can never play again in the event your character dies? Additionally, the game would require multiple identity checks to ensure you could only purchase once. So, a game that wouldn't be fun, because you'd have to be completely careful in order to not die, plus to play the game you'd have to have your privacy invaded?

Just an all around bad idea.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    So let me see...play a real life MMO to get away from nuisances of real life? no thank you!
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

No.

Period.

I know plenty of better ways to waste cash, like just throwing it in the trash.

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    Um... no. It sounds like living a second life which is not something that interests me because my life is pretty good as it is.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by lizardbones

It is a very interesting idea.

Murphy Says: Too much can go wrong.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    No skills, no abilities and no progression? I other words no goals.. No, I wouldnt play this boring game, no matter if its permadeath or not
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    There would have to be some kind of incredibly good reason to play the game, for it to have any success.  Something that basically ammounts to a lottery, where the last man standnig wins 150M or whatever.  But at that point, you're probably better off just spending a weekend in Vegas.

You make me like charity

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186

Yes, it would be an immense ride, you would need to go into it knowing you will lose, just like when you put a quarter in a space invaders machine. 

I hope I would be both good at it and lucky though.

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• YaosYaos Member UncommonPosts: 153
    I would love to play a game where a single group's soul purpose is to camp the starting areas and kill every single person that logs in so they can never play again.
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    I like permadeath and all. But no to Big Brother in my MMO"s watching over me. Kinda freaks me out.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Bama1267
    Sure , If the game cost 1$.

Same here. For a dollar, i would check it out. However, they really haven't describes any 'game' so it's hard to tell whether I'd play beyond just the initial amusement of trying it.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Not to mention if hackers got ahold of your gaming info, you are seriously screwed. And don't say "we will give it a beefy Security system" The only reason things don't get hacked more often is because they don't see a profit in hacking it.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Only way I would play a game like this is if every dollar i made ingame could be transfered to my real life bank account on a 1-1 ratio. Because then it is more like the lottery or some form of gambling. 

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

• rlsquared2rlsquared2 Member UncommonPosts: 19

Did you just watch Sword Art Online? if not watch the anime.

TO answer  your question No. I play games to have fun not to escape to another world because I hate my life.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    I haven't played them, but I've heard there are some Minecraft servers set up a bit like this - if your character dies, not only is it deleted, but your IP is also banned from ever reconnecting.
  • PokemonTrainerRedPokemonTrainerRed Member UncommonPosts: 375

Reminds me of Sword Art Online.

Now that I would play!

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    I would give it a try if it was only one character slot. It dies you start a brand new character. Combine ladder and level system. It could lead to innovative gameplay down the road. 

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Sounds boring.  Indeed, I can't imagine how permadeath can be anything other than boring.

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

HAHAHAHA!  Has an implant that lets you play while you sleep huh?  And perhaps government involvement to make sure people don't buy more than one copy. 

You know I might play this.  But I'd really only be interested if I could play it in an invincible capsule that sits of the surface of the sun.  It would have a bathroom unit that comes out from the wall, and a hose to drink nutrients out off. 

I'd also like the capsule to be able to travel in time so I can return to earth occasionally and play the game with Abraham Lincoln and his pet T-Rex, Ralphie Sausage Cakes. 

If the game had grass swimming, nacho golf, and watermelon birth, I'd also probably play it at least some.  While I slept. 

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Intriguing, but it doesn't sound like fun.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.