Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Planetside 2 is already on the decline.

24

Comments

  • tixylixtixylix gfff, TNPosts: 1,208Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by neosapience

    You forgot about the rampant hacking and griefing. In most MMOs, these problems aren't a big deal. However, PS2 is purely PvP, which makes cheating absolutely intolerable. Every single death leaves you wondering... what really happened there?

     

    Of course, if the game wasn't F2P, cheating wouldn't be an issue. Heck, I'd pay money for separate 'members only' servers just to get away from the F2P noobs.

     

    I've never personally seen a hacker, though I'd only played 42 hours. 

  • PieRadPieRad Odense MPosts: 1,108Member

    Pop is low during the night and mornings, people have to go to school and work to make a living you know.

    Primetime is still pretty crazy.

     

    If the pop have declined or not, I don't know, I don't have any stats or sources, but it sure haven't felt like it has declined at all.

     

     

    image

  • Goll25Goll25 bath, PAPosts: 187Member
    Two of my friends and I downloaded this last night and played it, as soon as we knew it was 4am. We haven't been so captivated by something since skyrim probably...
  • EdelbertEdelbert Bad BramstedtPosts: 67Member

    My numer 1 concern is that whole Planetside 2 feels like BF3's Metro all over again. People are spamming explosives like there is no tomorrow, if they have no success with that,  game switches over to Tankside 2 because getting kills in vehicles is ridiculously easy.

    It bores the crap outta me.

  • ZinzanZinzan NorthPosts: 1,351Member
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    It's not pay to win

    All the real upgrades must be earned and can not be bought with cash

    You PAY for xp bonuses, without them your a mile behind the curve, loads of players on my server are BR50+ which is next to impossible without paying, hence you can PAY to get the upgrades, all of them.

    You PAY to buy the better weapons which give you the advantage and help increase your xp gain, otherwise it takes a long-ass time to save that 1000 certs while paying players have already spent that on improved armour, kit, weapons, vehicles etc.

    It's P2W and will be for a long time. If your not a paying player, your cannon fodder. This is how they did it in Planetside, they are just being much smarter about it in PS2 and sold it as F2P when in reality unless you like being farmed you really need to shell out some cash at some point.

    Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

  • AeolronAeolron Ottawa, ONPosts: 648Member
    Originally posted by CalmOceans

    I don't understand this game at all.

    I get the game itself, but it is pay-2-win. and newcomers who don't pay-2-win are at a ridiculous disadvantage.

    In Unreal Tournament, without pay-2-win, newcomers were already at a disadvantage because of the lack of skill, add in pay-2-win and any player is going to be at such a disadvantage that it will take a lot of real cah or time to and deaths to enjoy the game.

    FPS where players have advantages outside of skill seem pointless to me.

    Nice try, this game is NOT P2W, might want to actualy play a P2W game and compare.

    I just bought myself a gun today and was shot with a newb gun and it was a fair fight, I just don't get people like you, who think they should get everything for free, well put some money where your mouth is or quit gaming!

    Sorry for the rant just getting alittle sick and tired of these complainers who think they are entitled to everything without paying a damn thing! SOE Needs to be alittle harder on the leeches to be honest.

  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    You can tell the game is doing well and taking players from other mmos by the number of troll threads from people who obviously haven't played it.
  • samvenicesamvenice BarcelonaPosts: 96Member

    lol at the better weapons.

    there are NO BETTER WEAPONS.

    All weapons are, overall, the same: one stat goes up, the other stat goes down. there is no weap with accuracy/firerate/dmg/etc all maxed - there's always a tradeoff. Stop this better weapons nonsense and l2p

  • DobeyxxlDobeyxxl San Antonio, TXPosts: 11Member
    Originally posted by tixylix
    Originally posted by neosapience

    You forgot about the rampant hacking and griefing. In most MMOs, these problems aren't a big deal. However, PS2 is purely PvP, which makes cheating absolutely intolerable. Every single death leaves you wondering... what really happened there?

     

    Of course, if the game wasn't F2P, cheating wouldn't be an issue. Heck, I'd pay money for separate 'members only' servers just to get away from the F2P noobs.

     

    I've never personally seen a hacker, though I'd only played 42 hours. 

    How exactly would you be able to see a "hacker" in game anyway? Sure their are guys who speed and wall hack but that's not the only hacks their are. It would take multiple engagements with the same player in order to even be concerned that someone was using a esp hack and honestly if  a aim bot is configured properly you would never know if someone was using it.

    I can tell you for certain that I know people using hacks in planetside and NO they have not been banned. Only people who have a esp hack themselves are able to clearly see who else has esp since they can clearly see who's targeting is following them even when they are in a building out of the line of sight.

     

    Sony and MMORPG have suppressed factual informative posts concerning the Hacking in Planetside 2 yet they allow ignorant posts stating "I have never seen a hacker", lol.  As a community we have a right to know if people are Hacking, what hacks they are using and how they work and express our displeasure with the state of things in Planetside 2.

    It could be a great game but sadly it looks like the cheating is so rampant that a honest engagement may never be possible at this point.

  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Wait doesn't that work both ways, how would all these players posting about "rampant hacking" spot the hackers?
  • DobeyxxlDobeyxxl San Antonio, TXPosts: 11Member
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Wait doesn't that work both ways, how would all these players posting about "rampant hacking" spot the hackers?

    I have stated before in detail how I gathered definitive proof of hacking but it seemed to displease MMORPG since they deleted my post.

     

    To know someone is hacking you have to understand the hacks themselves, whats available and how they work.

    I have friends who for the sake of research have purchased scripts to run in Planetside 2 and to this day they have not been banned. Those running the scripts can clearly tell who is using esp hacks and who has their headshot/bone aiming turned up to 100%.

    Being a member  of the forums on the planetside 2 hacking sites keeps you up to date on whether their hacks are being detected or not, who got banned and who didn't and what activities leads to a ban and what ones don't. 

    You need to know your enemy before you can recognize them.

    Hacking scripts are rampant in Planetside 2 and just because people are ignorant to them or the mods on forums erase the posts about them doesn't mean they don't exist.

     

  • BootezBootez Yucaipa, CAPosts: 57Member

    Why are you suprised? The game is a disgrace to the first title. It's really really really bad. I don't see how anyone can even play it for a whole evening. It's laggy. It's unbalanced. It has really shitty graphics for the current age. And most of all, it is so damn unsmooth. 

     

    I could put up with everything else, but if the game lacks smoothness (which it isn't even close to be a release candidate client yet, so I have no idea why it is even out other than greed) then why even bother?

  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,271Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Bootez

    Why are you suprised? The game is a disgrace to the first title. It's really really really bad. I don't see how anyone can even play it for a whole evening. It's laggy. It's unbalanced. It has really shitty graphics for the current age. And most of all, it is so damn unsmooth. 

     

    I could put up with everything else, but if the game lacks smoothness (which it isn't even close to be a release candidate client yet, so I have no idea why it is even out other than greed) then why even bother?

    Logging back in now. 

  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Lol same should get a good 4 hours in tonight.
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Unknown, AZPosts: 191Member Uncommon

    I wrote a big artifcle on their forums about the glaring problems the game has. Most veterans agreed, but then you get the Fps instant gratification crowd who just want a simple minded fragfest fps. Completely different than ps1 is because $OE is only out there to make money.

     

    Hell I never played ps1 and I can tell that game is a much more diverse, richer and deeper experience than zerging with 100 tanks, after slaping a sundy down to spawn. Followed by  re-capping the same base for the 8th time to get a marginal boost of resources that you don't pay attention to anyways. Sadly the game Will flop once people get bored of the game smell. The game offeres nothing except fps combat that is undermined by the unbalances of factions weapons, vehicles, and zerging.

     

    The only progess the game offers is the cert system, so you can unlock the same skinned weapons that doesn't really diverse from another.  They should have improved upon the first one but instead they made a shallow, buggy, laggy, zerg oriented, fragfest game that caters solely to the casual instant gratifcation crowd who coincedently enough, are the ones that buy the item shop things.

    What can you expect out of $OE other than to ruin a great franchise, undermining their playerbase/veterans for what they feel is a good idea. $OE is just a bad company and grinds games into the ground then makes them F2p to absorb any cash they can while it slowly withers away on life support.

    Sadly this is the way the market is. We have all the WoW clones(SW:Tor,rift, aion,).Then the ones that make a good foundation, but end up trying to be like the WoW mold(AoC, Dcuo) that keep copying each other failing within 2-3 month periods, followed by the garbage, incompetant development teams/companies that release sandbox mmorpgs that looks as though they were developed in their mother's basement as a hobby(Mortal online, Xyson, ect.).

    Followed by the games that could be amazing but the development team and company are lazy, competely incompetant and devoid of what should be improved upon and added as well as lacking in features and substance (Darkfall online, All points bulletin).

    MurderHerd

  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    "i never played planetside 1, but its better"

    Lolity frikin lol
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Unknown, AZPosts: 191Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    "i never played planetside 1, but its better"

    Lolity frikin lol

    I don't have to play the game find information on what the game was like. Cert caps, not everyone being able to drive vehicles and what not. From playing Ps2 I witnessed all the problems the game has, and it just so happens PS1 corrected those faults or didn't have them to begin with.


    I bet you are one of those CoD players that just want a larger fragfest.

    MurderHerd

  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Nope I hate cod and console style shooters in general.

    Unlike you I did play planetside 1 though
  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Oh and everyone can drive every vehicle so you got that little "fact" wrong too.
  • WolfenprideWolfenpride San''doria, WIPosts: 3,988Member

    I figured this game would have longetivity issues after an article published here showed some of the things missing from PS1.

    Without continent locking and progression, the game is at the end of the day just a pointless fragfest like any other shooter. There isn't much to push forward to, resources are always plentiful and passive bonuses really aren't that amazing. Worse still, is people are starting to ignore bothering with defense, and instead just focus on back capping, especially since that seems to be a faster way to gain certs than the small exp bonus you get for defending.

    The continent/base progression feature worked extremely well for PS1 and was a lot of fun, it added a larger long term strategic layer to the game. I can't figure out why they decided to leave it out of the release for PS2.

     

    The game has other issues as well, some of which the OP mentioned. The lack of underground facilities/infantry designed areas have really made defending/assaulting facilities boil down to who has the most tanks and aircraft for the most part. Although last night I did see a squad of MAX's hold off a pretty large ESF zerg.

     

     

    Anyways, i'm still enjoying the game for now, but it's not something I see myself playing for more than a month or two in it's current state.

  • BeanpuieBeanpuie Norfolk, VAPosts: 812Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DarkLordIxor

    I wrote a big artifcle on their forums about the glaring problems the game has. Most veterans agreed, but then you get the Fps instant gratification crowd who just want a simple minded fragfest fps. Completely different than ps1 is because $OE is only out there to make money.

     

    Hell I never played ps1 and I can tell that game is a much more diverse, richer and deeper experience than zerging with 100 tanks, after slaping a sundy down to spawn. Followed by  re-capping the same base for the 8th time to get a marginal boost of resources that you don't pay attention to anyways. Sadly the game Will flop once people get bored of the game smell. The game offeres nothing except fps combat that is undermined by the unbalances of factions weapons, vehicles, and zerging.

     

    The only progess the game offers is the cert system, so you can unlock the same skinned weapons that doesn't really diverse from another.  They should have improved upon the first one but instead they made a shallow, buggy, laggy, zerg oriented, fragfest game that caters solely to the casual instant gratifcation crowd who coincedently enough, are the ones that buy the item shop things.

    What can you expect out of $OE other than to ruin a great franchise, undermining their playerbase/veterans for what they feel is a good idea. $OE is just a bad company and grinds games into the ground then makes them F2p to absorb any cash they can while it slowly withers away on life support.

    Sadly this is the way the market is. We have all the WoW clones(SW:Tor,rift, aion,).Then the ones that make a good foundation, but end up trying to be like the WoW mold(AoC, Dcuo) that keep copying each other failing within 2-3 month periods, followed by the garbage, incompetant development teams/companies that release sandbox mmorpgs that looks as though they were developed in their mother's basement as a hobby(Mortal online, Xyson, ect.).

    Followed by the games that could be amazing but the development team and company are lazy, competely incompetant and devoid of what should be improved upon and added as well as lacking in features and substance (Darkfall online, All points bulletin).

     

    If you spoke to those veterans, can you go back and ask them  specifically how they felt about Planetside 1 in its vanilla state?

    and yea, i disagree. not after going through interfarm dadga and tower of power marathons on ps1

  • EnerzealEnerzeal WarringtonPosts: 326Member
    Originally posted by CalmOceans
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    It's not pay to win

    All the real upgrades must be earned and can not be bought with cash

    Well, I don't think it matters what you would like to call it, a FPS where characters can progress by spending money or playing for an extremely long time, is going to become a hostile place for new players really quickly.

    At least in UT and Quake people start out on the same foot, and at least that game had different servers for different difficulties, in PS2 total newbees are bunched up with vets who spent hundreds of dollars on items.

    It just seems pretty ridiculous to me.

    You are beyond wrong, do me a favor and put some time in with the game before you go spouting bullshit like this, normally I wouldn't swear but what you are doing right now is spreading garbage about a game that could hurt its player base.

    The Terran Republic Medic class gets a gun called the T1 Cycler, it is fantastic, it is easily the best on that class. It rips people apart. I spent 100 certs (see two-three hours of cert farming) on the silencer, which actually nerfs the guns damage and range, I just like the sound. I spent 30 certs on a 2.1x reflex (see one hour of farming). I have also spent 100 more certs (see previous estimates) for the laser sight to help with hip fire. So this gun has been completely modified to my standards in five hours play.

    The other extras I have added include about 30 certs in the extra hp, and 500 certs in the medic gun to revive people at 100% hp, including the free to play people who don't spend a penny.

    To anyone who reads this ignore this poster, they are wrong, and uneducated and seem to think it fine to slander a game without a proper set of facts.

    To address one final point, if a vet spent 100s of dollars on this game they would gain access to many many different guns, the only other handgun. That's it, you can only carry one gun at a time, and a lot of the new guns are great at what they do.

    You are a clueless idiot.

  • joeballsjoeballs Boston, MAPosts: 161Member
    Hmm, judging from that wall of text and the main complaint, it sounds like you need a job.
  • Greyflame11Greyflame11 Wichita Falls, TXPosts: 45Member

    It seems to me, the point that many of the complainers are missing is that this game is not just about individual accomplishment but rather it is a team game. This fixation on "pay to upgrade weapons" and even aimbot hackers seems a bit ridicules when you're part of an organized squad or platoon because they make very little difference in the game. Got the best weapon in the game? Try to stop all 48 members of that platoon all gunning for your position. Got the latest aimbot hack? Sure you'll kill a few of the members of the platoon before you're gunned down over and over again by them while the medics are rezzing the ones you killed while cheating...  

    Now if you're playing as an individual in this huge team based game, then those things can have an impact on you (although I don't think the purchased guns make as big a difference as some believe)

    If your one of those players who are not in an organized outfit, you really are missing one of the best parts of the game...

  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Calgary, ABPosts: 2,156Member

    Afte5r this weekend, I'm feeling the population hit myself.

    image
    image

Sign In or Register to comment.