Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TSW #4 on Steam - Welcome Newcomers!

OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
As of this morning it's #4 on Steam.  LOTS of new faces in Kingsmouth last night -- welcome everyone, we're happy to have you!  Be sure to check out the Newcomer forums, and feel free to ask any questions in game.  If the End of the World doesn't hit on 12/21, Cthulhu still awaits.  ;)

Comments

• Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Aye, I've noticed the traffic on my site shoot up in the last 24 hours.  Lots of Kingsmouth activity again!   So glad to see the burst of people playing, the game deserves to be successful.

Also good to see a massive flood of new folks being stuck on the early investigation missions!  But for anybody who hasn't "Googled" the solutions already and found my site, see my Signature :)

At least now, with the affordable B2P model, there's no excuses for people to not at least try the game at this point!

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

I just bought the game and will be rolling a dragon.  Currently trying to find out the best pvp server (if that even exists).  Also trying to study up on PvP healing builds.  Kinda hard since I dont know any of the jargon. 

Im kinda excited because I actually know so little of the game.  I know the leveling/character build system is quite a bit different from other games.  Looking forward to figuring it out.

Thanks for all the good info ortwig, it was helpful.

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Man can't wait to buy the game. Beta tested it and loved it but due to other things happening I never bought the game. Was just about to buy when the b2p announcment hit . I hope this game gets the recognition it deserves!!
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Not a newcomer but I've returned and glad it's now B2P. Really great game.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    Not a newcomer but I've returned and glad it's now B2P. Really great game.

Could your sig be any creepier lol :)

TSW is a good game and hope folks enjoy it like I am. I'm about 3 weeks and really having a good time with my partner on the puzzles etc.

The game actually makes us both jump and creep out because we get so into it, lol.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Finally!! The game is getting the attention it always deserved.

I think everyone should own this, now as a B2P version it´s a no brainer.

Now I only hope they´ll add more perks for us old lifetimers who paid a whole lot more than 29 bucks...

yeah the points, I know, but the announced content packs for 2013 are super cheap too with a 5-10$ pricetag.

(In fact I wonder if this is not TOO cheap to sell these...)

Will take me longer now until the lifetime investement pays off I guess.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• GR3NDELGR3NDEL Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by FromHell

Finally!! The game is getting the attention it always deserved.

I think everyone should own this, now as a B2P version it´s a no brainer.

Now I only hope they´ll add more perks for us old lifetimers who paid a whole lot more than 29 bucks...

yeah the points, I know, but the announced content packs for 2013 are super cheap too with a 5-10$ pricetag.

(In fact I wonder if this is not TOO cheap to sell these...)

Will take me longer now until the lifetime investement pays off I guess.

I'm happy to admit it - I really didn't expect to see so many 'I'd play TSW if it was B2P/F2P' posters now saying 'Hey, I'm actually playing TSW!'

Color me one absolutely thrilled TSW fanboi.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    Be interesting to know what sort of number #4 on steam actually translates into.  If they only sold 200,000 copies originally, how many are they selling now I wonder.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

#5 in Holland/Europe ;-)

Will buy it when Steam will lower the price with x-mas (most likely) and then I'll hop in as well. Only did that 3-day trial earlier this year

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Wow some good TSW news. 

To add to that, TSW hours played is up about 150% on xfire. From 100 to about 56 ranking.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Installed it yesterday, going to try and give it a go today.