Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking FOREVER to download the installer?

UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
Anyone else having this problem.  2 hours to download a 64 mb exe file... what the flying fuck?

Comments

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

http://88.84.153.234/simiran/download/DFUW.exe

Mirror download, taken from a poster on Forumfall.  MUCH faster.  Then good luck staying sane during the patching process  =P

edit: I used it myself, no hangups for me.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    yep.  wait til you start patching the ~10g client at 70kb/s 
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Originally posted by jdlamson75

Mirror download, taken from a poster on Forumfall.  MUCH faster.  Then good luck staying sane during the patching process  =P

Thanks man. Much appreciated.  Lol just going to leave the client on...for apparently days to get the game downloaded.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by UNH0LYEV1L
    Originally posted by jdlamson75

Thanks man. Much appreciated.  Lol just going to leave the client on...for apparently days to get the game downloaded.

np, and yeah, pretty much my plan too.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Thank you for creating that thread. I woke up an hour ago and i thought my computer was the problem at 1st. Thats only the installer, they're not suppose to take so long to download. But then again, we're getting tasoed from left to right everytime we click on something made by AV.

Il try to survive that long download, atleast before monday.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166
    is there a US site or am i on the right site and its just in euro's?
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Thank you for creating that thread. I woke up an hour ago and i thought my computer was the problem at 1st. Thats only the installer, they're not suppose to take so long to download. But then again, we're getting tasoed from left to right everytime we click on something made by AV.

Download the mirroed file from the goggle drive link somone posted. Or download the file using torrent by copy pasting the url into a torrent program. But the patcher isn't able to handle all the traffic anyways so ... good luck lol

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by xpiher

Download the mirroed file from the goggle drive link somone posted. Or download the file using torrent by copy pasting the url into a torrent program. But the patcher isn't able to handle all the traffic anyways so ... good luck lol

Yeah, patching fail. Now what should i do???

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166
    lol 4hrs for 64mb installer to download. hmmm il try again in a few hours. beta wont be happening for me hahaha
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Anyone else having this problem.  2 hours to download a 64 mb exe file... what the flying fuck?

After looking at your Signature I wonder if you are being sarcastic?:)

That's what happens to ALL NEW MMOS that people flock to once download servers open up for the first time, trying to accomodate 7643763478358945 people on a 100000 Maximum server cap (Exagerating) is common problem and ALWAYS causes Nerd Raging in one way or another....*Deep breath*...

...Good Luck thou. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by scotty899
    lol 4hrs for 64mb installer to download. hmmm il try again in a few hours. beta wont be happening for me hahaha

Still have till the 17th to download and patch. Beta isn't open yet.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,378

You would think a sub game that costs 15$ per month could do so much better than some "cheap" f2p game wouldn't you when it comes to downloading the installer/client?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Originally posted by Ivylena

After looking at your Signature I wonder if you are being sarcastic?:)

That's what happens to ALL NEW MMOS that people flock to once download servers open up for the first time, trying to accomodate 7643763478358945 people on a 100000 Maximum server cap (Exagerating) is common problem and ALWAYS causes Nerd Raging in one way or another....*Deep breath*...

...Good Luck thou. :)

Wait what?  Why was I being sarcastic?  Because I play themepark MMO's as well?  I played the original Darkfall too i just really hated how clunky the controls were and I hate first person stuff.  Money isnt really an issue so I end up trying all sorts.  I like most MMO's tbh.  I also play EVE which is sandbox as im sure you know.  Not to mention I would have loved Darkfall if the over the shoulder cam was better and from the videos i've seen of Unholy Wars it looks to be the case.

Now i just hope this patcher starts working peConnectionTimedOut/Closed for days!!!!!!! :(

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by xpiher

Yeah, patching fail. Now what should i do???

At least half of the files are on torrent rightn now. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    So if you got the .exe file down, how do you use the files from google drive if you dl them from there?
  • ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Asm0deus

You would think a sub game that costs 15$ per month could do so much better than some "cheap" f2p game wouldn't you when it comes to downloading the installer/client?

Doesn't bode well if the first thing they do is a complete fiasco.

How much was the pre-order again? Pretty poor service so far.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Caaahl
    Originally posted by Zinzan
    Originally posted by Asm0deus

Doesn't bode well if the first thing they do is a complete fiasco.

How much was the pre-order again? Pretty poor service so far.

The pre-order was 15 € for me.

What a tremendous amount of money, bohohoho. 

I got the client patched up and ready to go. Went pretty good so far comparing to the launch of AAA titles.

yep people should just grab the torrents for now av df1 patcher speeds where never that great in the first place they will probly have a torrent for release tho

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269

To the people complaining. Guess what? This is the kinda sh*t you have to put up with if you want a worthwhile MMO. Sure you would be patched and ready last week if it was a AAA title like ''Star Wars: Quest Logs of the Epic Rat Killer Hero of the Guild Age of Warcrafts'' but it isn't.

I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. 

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    patcher just came to life it seems
  • KuviskiKuviski Member UncommonPosts: 215

I solved it by downloading the installer at work this morning. Idle workplace computer well used.

A USB drive got it home safely and the patching is nearly done now.

• mdkmanmdkman Member UncommonPosts: 108
    took about 15 min for me
  • BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

Just download the official torrent, it's the complete install including the installer (6Gb):

http://www.eu1.darkfallonline.com/dl/DFUW.torrent

• gekidogekido Member UncommonPosts: 66
    I did all this during prime time yesterday.  It took me about five login attempts before the patcher finally kicked in.  It was finished when I woke up this morning.  The average patching rate was about 150kb a second.  Considering the amount of players that were doing the same thing, that is not a terrible distribution.  We can only hope it won't be a repeat of the original launch.
  • pSickpSick Member Posts: 19

Thanks to all for the links for the installer--

We're just doomed with the patcher is all =P 16hrs in and 4 blocks left maybe.

My patcher looks very plain, perhaps a glitch, it's all white and has little if no detail.  I know it's beta. Just curious to if anyone else has a white patcher.  Don't wanna miss out on graphics!

imageimage
    -=The Abyss Of Humanity Is The Abyss Of Our Own Soul=-
    Sick Ning - Mahirim Skirmisher
    Why serve when you could rule in Imperium