Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Five questions about Darkfall.

funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279

1 Is this game going to be a hamsterwheel type game like SWTOR/WoW etc?

2 What is the point in this game?

3 Are there factions to choose from?

4 What are the races you can play as?

5 Do you lvl up, how is the advancemnt process like?

Comments

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by funcon

1 Is this game going to be a hamsterwheel type game like SWTOR/WoW etc?

2 What is the point in this game?

3 Are there factions to choose from?

4 What are the races you can play as?

5 Do you lvl up, how is the advancemnt process like?

1.) There is no hamsterwheel, you do what you want and when you want with no quest hubs or forced gameplay.

2.) The point of the game is truely what you make of it. Be a feared warrior? Well known trader? Political leader? Or just a mindless zergling achieving a greater goal. IF I was to say one main point of the game? Conquest/politics.

3.) Players create their own factions.

4.) Torrin (Dwarves), Humans, Alfar (Small Darkfelves?), Mirdain (Elves), Orks and Mahirim (Wolf people)

5.) In DF1.0 you would progress by using the ability but in DF:UW there's been hints at some form of point system so it remains a little unclear for now.

Hope that helps.

• DoomtecDoomtec Member Posts: 32

1: LMAO!!!!!!!  Errr....I mean...no. This is a sandbox game.

2: The point is to become the ultimate badass and pwn the server. No, seriously.

3: All "factions" are player-made....like literally everything else in Darkfall.

4: Don't think they added any for UW, so from the first game: Human, Orc, Dwarf, Alfar (dark elf), Mirdain (elf), and Mahirim (wolf-man).

5: Skill based leveling. Originally it was a lot like Oblivion: use a skill to level it.

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Thanks for the reply Greymore. Another question. Where can I find info on this game? The official site has nothing about races or world map or anything.

Sorry for all the questions. But is there a beta going on right now? I will pre-order just to try out the beta.

And when is the release date? Thanks.

• DoomtecDoomtec Member Posts: 32
    beta starts tomorrow. If you pre-order you can download today.
    One thing I don't like the the blocky graphics. They look kinda old, and when running through water, there is not splash. Hmm, I don't know, I will wait to see beta footage on youtube.
  • BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529
    Originally posted by funcon
    One thing I don't like the the blocky graphics. They look kinda old, and when running through water, there is not splash. Hmm, I don't know, I will wait to see beta footage on youtube.

Then turn up yourr resolution. 

The world graphics  have always been stuinning but most of the videos show nthe graphcs set to low resolution for setter performance.

The character models have been the only meh graphics in the game.   However the modems have been re-modeled.  We will see how much this impacts performance when beta starts.

• health001health001 Member UncommonPosts: 58

is this forced PVP?

and is it  like all these other dam games.pick your toon and u are put with  other players in one area ? I kinda like how EQ1 did it but u hardly ever see that now a days :(

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529
    there is no consentual PvP in this game.  It  is all forced.
  • JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    Originally posted by health001

is this forced PVP?

and is it  like all these other dam games.pick your toon and u are put with  other players in one area ? I kinda like how EQ1 did it but u hardly ever see that now a days :(

This is like EQ's in that there are NO instances (zones yes for dungeons, but not instances). Finally a game that is doing it like EQ did. They say they don't want instances. :)

I really think more companies should pull the good things from old games like EQ. EQ did many things right IMO. ;)