Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DO i have to buy game from them..seems that way

superweaselsuperweasel Member UncommonPosts: 31

I finaly got my pw reset link from funcom, and i want to buy the game from amazon.com for 15 bucks.

But when i logon my  secret world account it keeps logging me on the page where i HAVE to buy from them and wont give option to enter key, i am i screwed, or should i make a new account or what?

Comments

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by superweasel

I finaly got my pw reset link from funcom, and i want to buy the game from amazon.com for 15 bucks.

But when i logon my  secret world account it keeps logging me on the page where i HAVE to buy from them and wont give option to enter key, i am i screwed, or should i make a new account or what?

I think it's just asking you to set up your user account.  Just need to give them name, address and all that stuff.  If you aren't subbing, no need to put in credit card info.

• iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165
    I bought it for the first time off Amazon and all they did was send me a key and I went to my existing account at Funcom and added it to my list of games. Hope it works out for ya.
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    I'm no quite sure but I think that if you haven't account you should create one first to add a key.
  • superweaselsuperweasel Member UncommonPosts: 31
    ok ill try and just add my user info only no cc
    nope have to enter cc info, sure not gonna pay 15 bucks more and buy from them
    Should i just go ahead and buy from amazon.con?
  • Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Yes :D Buy the game, it's a themepark on rails tho :O  It's that much money you'll never get back.  I didn't like the game but my wife likes it.
  • IndolIndol Member Posts: 189

Just buy from amazon and add that key to your existing account.

You can do it from your account section on the secret world website.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    The CC info is for use with the in-game item shop. So just enter the info and not use the shop.
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Buy it from the FC site, you receive the initiate pack with it - better deal imho, and FC makes a better revenue I guess.

If you purchased from Amazon you´ll probably have to enter the game code you received into your FC account, can´t see how else it would work

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

There is a code redeem section.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Seriously, this isn't all that hard if you READ....

Buy the Amazon.  Get the key.  Copy the key.

Go to funcom.  Log in to your account.  On the right there is a section that says "account requires a key" or down on the bottom left there is a place to type in a key.  Either place.  Paste the key.  Click continue.

Now it'll ask you if you want to upgrade to Master/Grandmaster.  Down on the bottom just click continue (or accept, or whatever it says).  Done.  Now it'll take 10-15 minutes before the game will let you in, but you're done.

Not difficult.

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201

When i upgraded from the trial to the retial i needed to put in a credit card, just putting in my info and the key was not enough.

I just used a credit card you buy from a local store, a $25 one, went to the credit card site and put my zip code in the info (for address verifying) and activated TSW. No issues once the credit card info was there, before that i could not get it working no matter what i tried.

Maybe some keys require you to do this...i donno.  I got my key off Greenmangaming.com for $7, they had a 75% off sale a couple of weeks ago....if i would have used the 35% of cupon with it, i would have paid $5.