Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Success!

2»

Comments

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    if the game is all about success and success, why people keep leaving it?. People keep talking about how good and great gw2 and anet are, but is not helping to make the game better or actually fix it.   

Some leave it....some come in...but a lot still playing it, A LOT.

In my case it´s the first MMO i play since launch (almost 4 months now) in a daily basis without getting bored...

and believe me...i´m not alone. OFC it´s not going to be the same for everyone. That´s imposible,in a game or in whatever else.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    if the game is all about success and success, why people keep leaving it?. People keep talking about how good and great gw2 and anet are, but is not helping to make the game better or actually fix it.   

Sure it is, those people offer constructive criticism.

For people who rage quit because it isnt a sandbox or a trinity game, they arent the target audience anyway, and the game will never become what they want it to be.

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

did they address and/or fix the culling issue in WvWvW?

no?

nevermind then.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Rider071

did they address and/or fix the culling issue in WvWvW?

no?

nevermind then.

Yes... they did.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by evilastro

For people who rage quit because it isnt a sandbox or a trinity game, they arent the target audience anyway, and the game will never become what they want it to be.

all games have a certain amount of 'churn' have seen nothing so far to indicate that its any worse than other games, people try games and they either stick with it or move on, the good part about gw2 is that they can come back if they want, whenever they want. Im not really a fan of f2p games in general, but at least with GW2, you don't have to weigh up the pro's and con's of whether to resub for a month or not. That may be why Bioware chose to make SW;TOR f2p tbh.. although there is a huge difference between a game thats designed that way from scratch, and one that had to 'modify' itself to do so.image

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

thank you very much for the event,,its fun and it looks awesome,,as always

happy winters day

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,455
    Originally posted by evilastro

And the vast majority enjoys content without feeling the need to whine on various forums each time something in a game as vast as a MMORPG isn't designed specifically for the special snowflake they think they are, too ;-)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Toxia

Loving the kickoff of the wintersday events, will definetely be logging in daily to check out everything that gets added!

Seems most issues people took with the last have been taken care of as well. No lag, plenty of time to complete events, can even purchase some nice skins in the store if grinding out things isnt your style. something for everyone!

Back to farming jumping puzzle :D

well i tryed to log-in today but after 5min i logged out again... i find no point playing this game :(

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

pitty the event is only for max lvl

hope i can do the last 10 lvls before the last event starts :P

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Mmm the dungeon is lvl 2+

Jumping puzzle / snowball pvp / bell (guitar) hero

Not for max lvl =)

The jumping puzzle really shows they learned some lessons from the mad king tower. The triple entry point makes it much more friendly to people with large characters. When you fall off you can watch the progress of other people instead of in that boring room.  The last jump isn't ridiculous :P

Could have done without Bell hero becauze of ping. Haven't done pvp snowball yet.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Originally posted by DanitaKusor

I found the whole event a bit disappointing really.

The PvP event was ok and not bad fun was probably the best part so far.

The jumping puzzle was... well another jumping puzzle and I hate them all.

The bell choir was impossible to do because of unavoidable latency.  I couldn't see which button to push before it had already happened.

The only useful skin (the clothes) it appears you have to buy with gems.

No idea yet what the airship thing is like that hasn't appeared yet.  Will check that out tomorrow.

I had delay only twice and wasnt game breaking. Some of the notes just disapeared earlier, before reaching me. Still I manage top score most of the time withoiut a problem. As many other players around me... Check your provider

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    All I've seen so far is top notch - ANet really have a kickass content team.

I totally i agree, jumping puzzle is fenomenal, PvP is a lot of fun, and the musical game is very hard and challenging, but when you win its awesome.

Some people just cant see that this, but compared to any other MMO previously released the free content of GW2 is phenomenal, simply amazing.  

But there is nothing to be gained worthy to keep the archievers occupied, no big prices or uber gear to be won, so if you want that in your game, GW2 is not your game. But for fun moments and casual gaming attitude its just plain awesomeness

+1 and just remember games like WoW  with sub included (about seasons) offer you a hand full of nothing and another hand with nothing at all!

The new Jumping puzzle its very easy (i made at 4th try), i liked clockwork much more and was far more challenged puzzle

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531
    The events actually scale you up to level 80 so you can participate. :)