Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Dead Game would you like to see rise from the Grave?

Comments

• CapaDevansCapaDevans Member Posts: 2

Sorry - lag double post. :(

• TraugarTraugar Member UncommonPosts: 183
    I would like to see SWG back.  Preferably pre-cu, but I could deal with CU or NGE also.  
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Chronicles of Spellborn for me.

• DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338
    I don't see how SWG is on the list really. SWGEmu is up and running fine. Needs a few tweaks here and there, but if you can find me a game near the size and complexity of that one in this day and age (like that'll ever happen), and that doesn't have any issues, then play that instead.
  • MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    Originally posted by Thourne
    SWG but only pre NGE...best if pre CU.

^ That.

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• AdmiralWolverineAdmiralWolverine Member UncommonPosts: 29
    The original european Biosfear, May have been a grind game but its the people that played that made it so fun and special, i know theres the korean,Thai and japanese versions aswell as the ameican "Savage eden" pay 2 play but it doesnt feel the same.

• DylanClearbrookDylanClearbrook Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Slampig
    I chose Earth and Beyond. I really enjoyed that game.

Beta tested that game...thought it was great...then...gone....it did not last long at all.  too bad

Originally posted by CapaDevans

The game with the best community, fantastic graphics, an incredible amount of things to do.

A game which I was happy to pay for two accounts for nearly five years. A game which was profitable and should never have been closed.

City of Heroes/City of Villains. Murdered before it's time. Bring it back; I hadn't finished playing yet.

COH got my vote for similar reasons.  BRING IT BACK or sell it already.  (failing that, NCSoft and all its other games can go to ....well...you get the picture.)

Originally posted by Rayshe

Tabula Rasa, if they give it to a producer that gives 2 shits. Personally it was the game i always wanted to play but was gone before i could actually buy it. So if they rip it from NCsofts hands and allow somone else to produce it i would love to give it a shot.

I was in the Alpha for stargate worlds aswell, I couldnt get passed character creation without the whole game crashing and BSODing me. Unplayable.

LOL  maybe we can get some one to ask for a bundle price for COH and Tabula Rasa....I almost bought that game....but the clerk at the store told me it shouldn't have been on the shelves....the game had been shut down.

Some good company that actually cares about thier customers should get those two games...if NCSoftheaded ever lets them go!

#SAVECOH

• TheMagickDollTheMagickDoll Member Posts: 29
    Its a no brainer for me, City of Heroes.  I want my old home back!
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Originally posted by PyrateLV
    Originally posted by Talemire
    Where's Vanguard on that list?

Why would Vanguard be on the list? Its still active.

True, my bad. I took a second look at the list and realized he's talking about discontinued games and not severely unpopulated. Thanks.

Isaiah 41:10
  • YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

1 Shadowbane

2 CoX

• Krnl_MandrakeKrnl_Mandrake Member CommonPosts: 3

City of Heroes / City of Villains.

Most ridiculous shut down I've ever experienced and I've experienced most of them. Including SWG which was just about as bad. For all their faults SOE at least 'attempted' or even 'pretended' depending on your opinion, to be nice about it. NCSoft just blatently told the community 'Meh... take off already. We really could care less what you think or say. Have a nice life... or don't.' in not so many words. :

• sarabearrahsarabearrah Member UncommonPosts: 22

Good O'L SWG.

I just crafted some 4 socket hood up cloaks.....

• deleriuzwundeleriuzwun Member UncommonPosts: 15
    SWG pre combat upgrade for sure.
  • dwturduckendwturducken Member CommonPosts: 14
    Yeah, so City of Heroes at any stage versus the myriad versions of SW: Galaxies? Should the vote really come with a caveat?
  • VasartoVasarto Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

None.

I like innvoations, and new games, not old rehash of failed ones.

City of Heroes was NOT failed. It was making 10 million US Dollars a Year PROFIT. Because of poor decision making on NCSOFT part they closed it down and started closing down a bunch of other crap and according to them they are "stream lining" their company which means Korea only and f the rest of the world.

They are also selling off everything they own that is on the western part of the world. Plus when they shut down COH their stock market has fallen almost weekly since then when it was only on a upward hill trend for several years before they announced its closure.

• kittiesarenikittiesareni Member Posts: 1

City of Heroes

I played for 8 1/2 years, wrote fanfic, and put a full year of my life into it over that time. Losing it was like losing a part of myself.

My family played together, even my 66 year old mother. Between us we had four paid subscription accounts for my husband, brother, mother, and myself.  Mom cried when I told her it was shutting down.

NCSOFT made my mother cry. For that there is no forgiveness.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Star Wars Galaxies would be my first choice (Pre CU) as simple as that.

Then Shadowbane, Tabula Rasa, CoH and MxO

Hell, bring them all back image

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

It's not reallyl kosher to post entries like "Vanilla WoW" or "SWG pre-NGE." Doing so is essentially just voting for your favorite MMORPG experience, which isn't what this poll is about.

That being said, CoH gets my vote easily. I've played about half of those, and there's unfortunately nothing else really like CoH.

<3

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    (Double-post)

<3

• JYCowboyJYCowboy Member UncommonPosts: 652

So today the poll is at 33% COH and 27% SWG.  I can easily see that.  The one thing that folks here hate about SWG is the NGE and can't believe there was anymore to the game.  It was a festering mortal wound to the game.  COH never had that deep of a cut out side the PVP nerf.

Both games I favor (but SWG more) as I had good experiances in them.  If you can get past your hate of the loss of Pre-NGE, at the end, SWG was a very complete and total MMO experiance.  However few played it then and had no idea.

COH was ever growing with new worlds or realities with costuming changing radically.  The Epic Powers was adding a whole new level to Superhero in that game.  Sadly, it was cut short (after 8 years) in a time when the public could use Heroic Ideals.

• NizumzenNizumzen Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Vanguard. That games was awesome despite the problems it had at launch. I think if it got some more content it could still be a big winner. It had all the elements that I loved about EverQuest in a more modern package.
  • JYCowboyJYCowboy Member UncommonPosts: 652
    Originally posted by Nizumzen
    Vanguard. That games was awesome despite the problems it had at launch. I think if it got some more content it could still be a big winner. It had all the elements that I loved about EverQuest in a more modern package.

SOE still runs it and its now F2P.  Very little has been added though they promise. SOE has pretty much a server monitor on the game and thats it. PS2 has been thier focus along with EverQuest Next.  I would not be surprised if Vanguard is some how rolled into EQN.

• HaremKingHaremKing Member Posts: 1
    Bring back city of heroes, murdered before its time. Millions of customization options, multitudes of power choices, and infinite things to do. (not to mention make your OWN missions). NCSoft, Sell the game or bring it back.