Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help to complain on un-ethical MMORPG company

Hi All,

I am kinda new at the world of MMORPG, pleae excuse me.

I have a bad experience on my first MMORPG game....and i really like to know where i can actually file a complaint on this company.

Is there a governing body that handles such cases? I hope there is such body to investigate and close down this company for good.

PS: Dont ever play anything developed by MIRA game. You will regret it.

Kindly let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

depends on the country you live in. most wont do anything as its a private company that is hosting the game. 

unless there is some form of money fraud people tend to not care. if it is money related you can try dealing with it via the company you used to buy stuff (credit card/paypal.. ect) but as for actually filing a claim against them, not really no.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    you usually move on, lesson learned.
  • QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    No body to complain to, no way to get your money back. And being unhappy with the service is not good enough reason to even try.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

You can always complain to the Better Business Buro to atleast warn future people of their scams.

Otherwise just move on.

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166
    mira?
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by Novusod

You can always complain to the Better Business Buro to atleast warn future people of their scams.

Otherwise just move on.

Better Business Donkey? Thanks for the chuckle

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by moguy2
    Originally posted by Novusod

Otherwise just move on.

Better Business Donkey? Thanks for the chuckle

Burro

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by yylee82000

Is there a governing body that handles such cases?

Yes, it's you.  What you want will NEVER happen in a million years, so just shrug your shoulders, leave it and don't look back.  It's a GAME - nothing important.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Hi All,

I have a bad experience on my first MMORPG game....and i really like to know where i can actually file a complaint on this company.

Is there a governing body that handles such cases? I hope there is such body to investigate and close down this company for good.

Kindly let me know.

Thanks

Could you explain your un-ethical issue?

Else you should first contact the gamecompany itself? All depends on what type of issue you have, and since your are new to the world of MMORPG it might be wise to explain abit more about the issue you are having.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Quirhid
    No body to complain to, no way to get your money back. And being unhappy with the service is not good enough reason to even try.

Come on now, you don't have enough detail to make declarative absolutes like that.  OP didn't provide any detail at all.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    Yes, the BBB is probably your best bet.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by worldalpha

I have tried the BBB for issues before and they are a joke. All they do is send your complaint to the company and than send the companies' "your SOL" letter to you. They are a glorified mailing service and do nothing to help with the issue. 

On the bright side the "your SOL" letter is completely true, you can't do anything in my experience. If it is really unethical, you can contact the internet community. There are always brilliant people out there looking to take a shot at bad buisness. 

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Unless the activity was clearly criminal, as in it violated laws or regulations, then there's very little to do except contacting the game's customer service, explaining the situation and asking for resolution.

One key word here is "asking".  The consumer's position is so weak that "demanding" a resolution will do very little other than having the account banned.  I've seen numerous posts from players where this has happened.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • fnorgbyfnorgby Member Posts: 158
    Originally posted by LadyEuphei
    Originally posted by worldalpha

I have tried the BBB for issues before and they are a joke.

The reason you think they're a "joke" is because, like a lot of people, you assumed they had some authority.  They don't, they never claimed to, and they never will.  It's a non-profit organization that collects complaints and attempts to mediate between customer and business.  That is all they do.

If the business doesn't care to resolve a problem or doesn't agree that there *is* a problem, then all the BBB does is register the complaint in their database.

When you're looking for service, and are unsure whom to deal with, you can call the BBB and ask for information about complaints and how they are handled.  In some industries, having a clean reputation with the BBB is important.  In others, it's meaningless.

tl;dr: No one ever said the BBB was a business police force, or that they could force companies to be nice.  Somehow, the American public invented that bullshit all on their own.  The fact you fell for it isn't the BBB's fault.

I can also roleplay the tower in a chess game and shout "is that a peasant at the horizon I see? I will smash it I will! Oh damn I broke one of my merlons!". -- maji

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351

If they did something fraudulent, such as charging your credit card $100 when you only agreed to pay $10, then you could take it up with your credit card company.  But shy of actual fraud like that, there's not much you can do.

You could perhaps explain what happened and if your story is sufficiently outrageous, hope that it gets passed around.  But if it's nothing more than a routine case of, say, changing the contents of a pay to win item mall, or making the probability that you get a "good" item out of a random item box from the item mall lower than you were hoping, then your story would merely be one more example of what everyone and his neighbor's dog knows commonly happens with pay to win item malls.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Unethical behavior is not necessarily illegal behavior. 
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • bishbosh2bishbosh2 Member Posts: 66
    i lodged a complaint against gpotato with BBB and Gpotato sorted everything out asap and apologised. Note: it was a money related issue. If your complaint is something about non money related it probably wont be taken seriously. 
  • QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by Quirhid

Come on now, you don't have enough detail to make declarative absolutes like that.  OP didn't provide any detail at all.

It is likely. Can you say it isn't?

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• yylee82000yylee82000 Member Posts: 3

Hi All,

Thanks for all that have shared your advised.

Unfortunately, it is certainly not monetary issues.

The issues are the lack of support, cases and bugs not answered and fix, complaints in their supports and forums are not answered by their admins...and etc.

I guess nothing i can do here huh except to like some of you said learn and move on?? lol

Anyway, greatfull and appreciate those who had spend a little time advicing me here.

Cheers

• Burning25Burning25 Member Posts: 24

Hi All,

Thanks for all that have shared your advised.

Unfortunately, it is certainly not monetary issues.

The issues are the lack of support, cases and bugs not answered and fix, complaints in their supports and forums are not answered by their admins...and etc.

I guess nothing i can do here huh except to like some of you said learn and move on?? lol

Anyway, greatfull and appreciate those who had spend a little time advicing me here.

Cheers

Wait, so let me get this straight.  You're looking for some governing body to shut down a game "once and for all" because you dislike their support and the way they handle the game? Sorry if there is nothing illegal being done, you're SOL and it is a bit ridiculous to assume otherwise.

lol...

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

Is there a governing body that handles such cases?

Yes, it's you.  What you want will NEVER happen in a million years, so just shrug your shoulders, leave it and don't look back.  It's a GAME - nothing important.

Wrong attitude mate.

One thing is if  the service is poor, another is if the company is scamming you money (charging you multiple time for the product for example).

In his case it is just a poor service problem, but you should never shrug off this kind of issues so lightly

A game is a game............... but money is money, you should never move on.

• yylee82000yylee82000 Member Posts: 3

lol,

of course its a little more than that......

game events......GM set events on specific times and dates....we turn up for events only to find it that the game moderators fail to turn up and event did not commence.....and when we complains we are not answered.....

this is but a few scenarios.....and examples....

^^

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Hi All,

Kindly let me know.

Thanks

what company

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

lol,

of course its a little more than that......

game events......GM set events on specific times and dates....we turn up for events only to find it that the game moderators fail to turn up and event did not commence.....and when we complains we are not answered.....

this is but a few scenarios.....and examples....

^^

You have no case....................read the Eula before you accept to play the game.

I don't like Starbucks so I go and get my Coffee somewhere else..................I won't even dream to sue them cause their coffee taste like shit.

I just bring my business somewhere else............that's how it works