Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open beta question.

blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643
Is it region-locked to Korea, or will I be able to play from the United States? I suspect that won't be able to, but the fact that's in english is causing me to question it. I haven't been able to find anything concrete yet. Does anyone know?

Comments

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    The Open Beta is the unofficial, official 'English' version. What that means is the servers are not located in the West (thus you may experience lag at times), but english is the official language of the game and community. Its technically Malaysian/Sing, but you don't need socials or anything to play, just sign up, login and play.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer
    The Open Beta is the unofficial, official 'English' version. What that means is the servers are not located in the West (thus you may experience lag at times), but english is the official language of the game and community. Its technically Malaysian/Sing, but you don't need socials or anything to play, just sign up, login and play.

Cool. Thank you.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

It's actually SEA server, the server is located in Singapore or Malaysia

they also have the SEA Thai servers, but i imagine that it will be only filled with Thai players

more of the SEA players ( including Indonesia, Vietnam and Philippines ) will most likely play on the Singapore/Malaysia server

So What Now?

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Is it always going to be "not region-locked"?
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Tidel

Yup. I'm from SEA and afaik all online games here do not enforce IP blocking. Just be prepared with non-english speaking players.

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Originally posted by yaminsux
    Originally posted by Tidel

Yup. I'm from SEA and afaik all online games here do not enforce IP blocking. Just be prepared with non-english speaking players.

Gotcha. Thank you!

Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428
    i've played other games with Malaysian players, they are pretty nice players. they arent ass hats like the japanese. looking forward to playing this when it opens up again.
  • VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897
    anyone know of a better host to download the client from? most of the links given on the site are unaccessible. the ones you can access are so poor it will take days to download the client. even running into this issue via the launcher/auto patcher.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa
    anyone know of a better host to download the client from? most of the links given on the site are unaccessible. the ones you can access are so poor it will take days to download the client. even running into this issue via the launcher/auto patcher.

I used the one at the bottom, choice "Others" Clicked Pando and had the game downloaded in 38 mins.

http://ro2.playpark.net/download.html

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376

That's what I did, it was the fastest.

TIP:  Uninstall pando media booster once you're done downloading. It was slowing down my internet even when I wasn't using it.

• AkukihoAkukiho Member UncommonPosts: 2

From Ro2's Facebook page:  ( https://www.facebook.com/PlayRO2?fref=ts )

Dear Asgardians,

We are happy to announce that OBT will start tomorrow, 3rd January 2013, at 1300 HRS (+8 GMT)! That is less than 19 hours from now!

However, it's with our deepest apologies that we announce we will not be able to provide the RO2 game service to players outside of our optimised countries - Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam - due to our licence agreement with the game's developer, Gravity Co., Ltd.

These aforementioned licence terms will take full effect from the start of OBT tomorrow and we deeply apologise for any inconvenience caused to players. We are extremely grateful for the support you have shown RO2 so far and we thank you again for being a part of this journey. Thank you all!

* So no more RO2 until anyone creates an international version for all of us...