Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please vote

KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

http://www.gamespot.com/best-of-2012/peoples-choice/index.html?battle_id=33 

If you feel Guild Wars 2 is worthy to win this, please vote. This game is representing the MMO genre in this, so simply to bring honor to the mmo genre, to bring in new people, to express that mmos are a great thing and to give the idea that this is what people want rather than the simple hack and slash or fps fest please vote, not for gw2 specifically, but for the mmo genre. This year has held many disspointments in gaming in general to many people. Yet, those games will win simply becuase we as a MMO community are not united. They will win simply becuase people know that game better. We need to show these people what MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE games are. They arent just some nerd filled, asian, grindfest. We need to show them that we are a great community, we are something fresh and different than those others console zergfests. This sint about gw2, this is about the future of mmos. We may be small as a group, but we need to atleast put up a fight agaisnt the likes of Payne and hopefully Mass Effect 3. This is for all MMOers. Please consider voting everyone. Thank you. 

http://www.gamespot.com/best-of-2012/peoples-choice/index.html?battle_id=33

Comments

• isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I wouldn't vote for our genre, I don't want people to think this is what it has to offer.
  • KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by issling
    I wouldn't vote for our genre, I don't want people to think this is what it has to offer.

Voting would equal new people and new ideas. There is a reason why this genre hasnt changed in 7 years, it is becuase the community hasnt. 

• isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Maybe I am just tired or had been out with friends to long tonight. But I am cranky, that being said the last seven years really didn't bring any new blood that helped forward the genre much. That is  my opinion acourse. I am not picking on GW2 I could tell they put so much work into the game and it is fun for what it is.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

If you were really concerned with the integrity of the vote results, wouldn't you want to tell people instead to get out and vote for the game they want to win .. rather than telling people how to vote in advance?

I'll vote, but it will be for the game I think deserves the award, not for what someone else wants.  Thanks for the link though!

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Yeah no way.  I recently started playing single player rpg's and I feel like I've been missing out on a LOT over the years.

Put a chat room in some of these games and I don't know when I would ever return full time to an mmorpg lol.  I'm actually going to boot up Wizardry Online right now cause I heard its got kind of a console type feel although not all that good (from what I hear).   It's challenge that I'm looking for.  A good type of challenge, not jumping platforms all day in an "mmorpg" and meaningless stats. 

Originally posted by issling
    Maybe I am just tired or had been out with friends to long tonight. But I am cranky, that being said the last seven years really didn't bring any new blood that helped forward the genre much. That is  my opinion acourse. I am not picking on GW2 I could tell they put so much work into the game and it is fun for what it is.

I understand. I have seen it too.

when you ask typical gamer what a mmo is, they will awlays either say what? Or mention something about wow.

This show the staleness of the genre. And I believe gw2 winning this will bring in the new blood we need to move it forward and grow. Gw2 doesnt have to be the mmo game in the long run, however it has the resources, the team, and the content to say "this is the mmo genre". All we need to do for the genre is simply vote in things like this. I want the mmo news to be important. Gw2 has been attempting to reach this player base since its creation, shown obviously by the use off advertising in theatres, amazon, and several other major sites. But it is not enough. No other game can represent the continuation and future of the genre more than gw2. Not wow becuase well that game has remained the same for the past 7 years. Not tsw becuase it has already fallen continuation wise. Not swtor for its simple suckiness. Not eve because the new gen will be casual, and eve is as hardcore as they come. Not lotro, not runescape, not teso, not darkfall. They are all good games in there own respects, yet none have this chance gw2 does as mmos. As representatives of our hope that we can change and grow, and even show that more games like gw2, more new ideas, will be the future of us as mmoers. 

[mod edit]

Originally posted by Karteli

If you were really concerned with the integrity of the vote results, wouldn't you want to tell people instead to get out and vote for the game they want to win .. rather than telling people how to vote in advance?

I'll vote, but it will be for the game I think deserves the award, not for what someone else wants.  Thanks for the link though!

So you are accusing me of moving your hand and forcing you to vote? No. I am simply making a proposition. What you do is what you do, I would just hope you take what I said into consideration. There is a reason why there is a link in the beggining, i dont care if you read what I say or not. I do care that you would take what I say i to consideration.

also, i dont get what you mean by integrity. I hardly accused anyone of cheating. 

Originally posted by loeslein

Yeah no way.  I recently started playing single player rpg's and I feel like I've been missing out on a LOT over the years.

Put a chat room in some of these games and I don't know when I would ever return full time to an mmorpg lol.  I'm actually going to boot up Wizardry Online right now cause I heard its got kind of a console type feel although not all that good (from what I hear).   It's challenge that I'm looking for.  A good type of challenge, not jumping platforms all day in an "mmorpg" and meaningless stats. 

Thats fine. I personally voted for every game i felt is better than the other, including mass effect. Thank you for reading though.

• Orange_ZOrange_Z Member Posts: 31
    I think now every GW2's fan must vote for our game - It would be a good present for ArenaNet for the christmas (And for GW2's players. too) 
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by KingJiggly

So you are accusing me of moving your hand and forcing you to vote? No. I am simply making a proposition. What you do is what you do, I would just hope you take what I said into consideration. There is a reason why there is a link in the beggining, i dont care if you read what I say or not. I do care that you would take what I say i to consideration.

also, i dont get what you mean by integrity. I hardly accused anyone of cheating. 

Well, starting off by saying, "If you feel Guild Wars 2 is worthy to win this, please vote." .. essentially saying vote only if you think GW2 is worthy to win, etc.  Maybe it's just the wording, or how I read the post.. maybe it's late.

Nevermind, it's late, lol. G'night.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Holy crap those were some tough choices. Persona 4 Golden vs. Hitman Absolution? That's just unfair.

*scrolls down*

Last Story vs Borderlands 2 wtf!? *flail* HOW DO I CHOOSE. Also yes, GW2 of course. That one was easy.

Edit - BTW, the likelihood of GW2, an MMO, winning against Max Payne 3 on Gamespot.com is slim to none so don't get your hopes up.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

Well, starting off by saying, "If you feel Guild Wars 2 is worthy to win this, please vote." .. essentially saying vote only if you think GW2 is worthy to win, etc.  Maybe it's just the wording, or how I read the post.. maybe it's late.

Nevermind, it's late, lol. G'night.

I understand. What  I meant by that if you all oput feel gw2 is the winner, then go ahead and vote. The rest was for mmoers who have no care for gw2 or even hate gw2, it was simply to the mmo community as a whole. It was the wrding, I will take the blame for that.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Seems like a marketing trick to register for Gamespot.com.  The vote probably does not go anyplace. Maybe nothing against the OP but Gamespot itself.

Besides mmos have gone down hill in the last three years OR THEY WENT F2P.....I'm not sure if mmos are worth a vote anymore anyway.

Originally posted by delete5230

Seems like a marketing trick to register for Gamespot.com.  The vote probably does not go anyplace. Maybe nothing against the OP but Gamespot itself.

Besides mmos have gone down hill in the last three years OR THEY WENT F2P.....I'm not sure if mmos are worth a vote anymore anyway.

Yeah, this entire lottery system they have is irrational. You have noname games with like one platform vs series games (me3, d3, ac, h4 etc) on mutliple platforms. I just was hoping this would lead to more growth in the mmo industry and not uust the console shoot'em and cut'em games that typically win with no real effort of there own. It seems this wont be the year either for even a little mmo pride. Gw2 seems to be the last decent mmo, and it along with wow shall be left standing by the end. 

I have been on these forums for a long time, I actually recommend you not to register unless you want to be spam mailed. I just wanted to a) spread the vote around and b) try to get people on here to vote for gw2 for the sake of mmos as a whole.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by delete5230 Seems like a marketing trick to register for Gamespot.com.  The vote probably does not go anyplace. Maybe nothing against the OP but Gamespot itself. Besides mmos have gone down hill in the last three years OR THEY WENT F2P.....I'm not sure if mmos are worth a vote anymore anyway.
    Yeah, this entire lottery system they have is irrational. You have noname games with like one platform vs series games (me3, d3, ac, h4 etc) on mutliple platforms. I just was hoping this would lead to more growth in the mmo industry and not uust the console shoot'em and cut'em games that typically win with no real effort of there own. It seems this wont be the year either for even a little mmo pride. Gw2 seems to be the last decent mmo, and it along with wow shall be left standing by the end. 

I have been on these forums for a long time, I actually recommend you not to register unless you want to be spam mailed. I just wanted to a) spread the vote around and b) try to get people on here to vote for gw2 for the sake of mmos as a whole.

Ugh seriously? You have any idea how pretentious that post reads? "For the sake of mmos" "The last decent mmo" you even wrote "shall"....shall

Can you please just find a way to enjoy your mmo without feeling compelled to dump on the rest? Is it that hard to just say "hey I like GW2" without having to add all the other bullshit?

• QuailmanQuailman Member Posts: 165
    I voted for Max Payne 3. GW2 ( or Arenanet rather) can suck it.

Consume. Be silent. Die.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Actually, if you really enjoy playing gw2 then we aren't on the same page at all on the direction this genre should have taken. I'm waiting for the day when you all leave and return to the console games whence you came from. Goodnight ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Max Payne 3 is a better game, so I voted for that.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220
    I voted against Gw2, It doesnt deserve to win at all
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

GW2, a PC only game, vs Max Payne 3, a PC/XBOX/PS3 game... yeah, very fair vote </sarcasm>

It's actually impressive GW2 manages to score over 40% in such conditions.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

Wow people, if you do not want to vote for GW2 then don't do it. No need to get pissy about it.

I voted for GW2, I have had some fun with the game. A breath of fresh air compared to the "hold-your-hand" SWTOR that I fell for. GW2 is not the god of games but it is worth my vote. 

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    I think that GW2 is a decent game but personally I did not like it enough to vote for it. Maybe TESO or some other MMO gets things done finally. As much as I like TSW I don't think even that one is the game of the year or something. Best RPG probably but not best MMO.
  • LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    GW2 already won awards in other media outlets. So it's not that GW2 hasn't been recognized. Other games such as Max Payne are multi-platform games(PC, X360, PS3) so I doubt GW2 will win on this one. I voted for GW2, but I think the winner will be Halo 4.
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

Thanks for the link..i voted for Borderlands 2, Max Payne 3.

What  kick ass games.

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Voted for Mass Effect 3 :)