Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SERIOUS HELP needed, info below.

ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

The big, massive, pain staking issue started here- Ok I'll admit it, I purchased a rig from a website- cyberpowerpc.com was the one i chose, biggest mistake i've ever made, I wanted to build it myself but I knew I wouldnt be able to that year due to work and other things I was going through at the time. So my bad judgement took over, And I bought it, here are the specs, and the issues with each part that has one-

Firstly, this can of **** crashes like every hour, and resets itself randomly. It makes a very distinct buzzing noise in my headphones when it crashes, and doesnt stop until I pull the plug.

i7 @ 3.4ghz ( IT CLOCKS ITSELF, WIERD AS ANYTHING )  It says right now its at like 3.9 hz and I havent touched it, then when I look at the advanced settings of easytune6 its constantly changing itself constantly the GH'z and BLCK are literally bouncing all over the place.  I dont understand it at all.

Palit sonic 560 Ti graphics card-  I dont think theres anything wrong here, but in order to prevent my computer from crashing every hour I have to UNDERCLOCK the core/shader/memory clocks by 20% mhz on vtune. Why? I have no idea but apparently it stabilizes the issue.

RAM two sticks of 4g ddr3 kingston- Could be the source of all this evil, I need to run memcheck but Im too dumb to know how.

PSU- 650 hz corsair bronze enthusiast series

Mobo- Gigabyte z77 D3H

Monitor- 21" asus

Case- Inwin dragonrider w/ 3 side fans

Now incase its TLDR, heres a list of the issues and what I've done to troubleshoot

-Crashes after 1hour or so of gaming

-Distorted Graphics

-Ends up performing like a toaster and not a high end comp

-Slow and awkward startup

-Basically unplayable

THINGS I HAVE DONE TO TROUBLESHOOT THESE PROBLEMS

-replace mobo, update bios

-replace PSU

-replace video card

-replace monitor

-Clean install of all drivers

-Facepalmed over 9000 times.

If you cant tell from context, I've gone through hell and back to try and turn this thing into what it should be, I know I screwed up by purchasing from where I did, but its not about that, Please help me pick up the pieces.

I may post video links later if I get the time to film the actual crashing/distortion and such but If you have ANY info or idea's to contribute please....help.  Its gotten to the point where Im contemplating just tossing it, facepalming, and giving up and I really dont want that to happen so PLEASE help a brother out. 

Played-Everything
Playing-LoL

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    Exactly what hardware do you have now?  Also, exactly what hardware did it originally come with that you've since replaced?
  • TraugarTraugar Member UncommonPosts: 183

Just a question.  If these problems started right after you bought the pc then why didn't you contact cyberpower pc to get the issue resolved?  That would have been a good first move instead of buying a bunch of parts, and randomly swapping.  Those pc's come with a 3 year warranty, and one year on parts so why would you go on your own instead of letting them correct the issue?

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    It comes with a warranty. By replacing the parts on your own you have probably voided the warranty. Derp
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

http://www.memtest86.com/   Memtest86, a general public license free version is available

slow and awkward startup: check you USB ports for bent/broken/grounded pins.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    Exactly what hardware do you have now?  Also, exactly what hardware did it originally come with that you've since replaced?

What I posted originally is what Im running with currently, Everything that was Replaced was temporary for troubleshooting purposes and is now out of the system.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    The clocking issue is not due to turbo boost? All the i7 I know of clock them sellf all the time because turbo boost. Also any chance your video distortion is pink checkers? or checkers in general? that is a graphics card failure pretty much every time. Also even with replacing all of those parts you still got the exact same issue?

Originally posted by Traugar

Just a question.  If these problems started right after you bought the pc then why didn't you contact cyberpower pc to get the issue resolved?  That would have been a good first move instead of buying a bunch of parts, and randomly swapping.  Those pc's come with a 3 year warranty, and one year on parts so why would you go on your own instead of letting them correct the issue?

I have tried several times to get through to someone at cyberpower with all their brain cells intact, sadly I was denied my request to send the entire thing back and my Parts was only valid for one piece ( literally I was told the parts thing goes away if you need more than one thing replaced from this comp).  Essentially they do not want to take the time to fix their mistakes and honestly I doubt they know how, which is why I did what i have, and why I have posted here. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by LadyEuphei
    The clocking issue is not due to turbo boost? All the i7 I know of clock them sellf all the time because turbo boost. Also any chance your video distortion is pink checkers? or checkers in general? that is a graphics card failure pretty much every time.

This would be normal I guess if it was clocking beneficially but let me give you an example of how my i7 looks right now-

Power on- 3800 hz Target- 1600 hz

2 seconds later -  Power on 3800 hz Target- 1200

Power on 3800 hz Target- 300

Firstly, It should be 3.4 the default, im not trying to make this thing explode in anyway nor should I need any extra power with this comp to run games if all the hardware was working correctly. 

Edit: the distortion comes in blurry lines going through the backround of the screen, and horrible anti-aliasing quality.  Jaggies everywhere that shouldnt be there, and this constant blur in the monitor backround even as I type right now.  Gets quite annoying on the eye balls I must say. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by XxGrimmxX
    It comes with a warranty. By replacing the parts on your own you have probably voided the warranty. Derp

I replaced parts after RMA, filing for complete warranty and such, Trust me I would not have done nearly as much as i have if I could just send it to them and they'll take it. I've researched other peoples claims about their PC's that didnt function correctly from cyberpowerpc and they're not too far off. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    MY Cpu was overclocking and such as well, it was a simple option in the bios to fix it though, and i never had crashing.
    Underclocking is also a symptom of excessive heat.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Originally posted by Grunty

http://www.memtest86.com/   Memtest86, a general public license free version is available

Thanks for the link going to do that now.

And for the ports where are those pins located?

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Underclocking is also a symptom of excessive heat.

This would also make sense since my GPU is at like 50C right now and For whatever reason my computer decided to not let me auto adjust my fans, how fantastic!!

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by Agoden
    MY Cpu was overclocking and such as well, it was a simple option in the bios to fix it though, and i never had crashing.

Which settings in bios fixed it?

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by Chrisbox

Thanks for the link going to do that now.

And for the ports where are those pins located?

Bottom: good

Top: bad

• PhoenixC13PhoenixC13 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    I would flash bios and make sure your not overheating.

Originally posted by PhoenixC13

Elaborate please, I havent actually tinkered with the in bios settings and where to go only updated them. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Would not be the first company in the world to not put heat paste on the CPU just saying like.

This would also cause all them problems :)

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Chrisbox
    Originally posted by PhoenixC13

Elaborate please, I havent actually tinkered with the in bios settings and where to go only updated them. 

Flash the bios is basically update the bios or change it to another bios, in this case he is talking about updating your bios which you already did. The over heating thing is just check your cpu, bridge, ram and GPU temps and see if they are not freaking out. If you are having a GPU problem you will see the GPU hot enough to cook a frozen egg. That is all he is saying.

I can understand eating chinese food and ice cream. But the Dead Sea Scrolls?!?

• KraylorKraylor Member Posts: 94

What are your cpu and gpu temps under load?

Waiting on: The Repopulation

Originally posted by Kraylor

What are your cpu and gpu temps under load?

My GPU is sitting at 58C with diablo running,  I have to go into my BIOS to increase fan speed but that usually only tones it down to like 30-40.  According to easytune my CPU is at 26C.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• heocatheocat Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Almost always the shutdown is graphics card I have had to rma ones in the past that caused weird dhutdowns. I don't run intel so cant help with the rest.

Originally posted by heocat
    Almost always the shutdown is graphics card I have had to rma ones in the past that caused weird dhutdowns. I don't run intel so cant help with the rest.

The only part they let me RMA was the video card, Highly doubt thats the root of the issue.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

There is certainly excessive heat going out that shouldn't, going into BIOS settings now to see what I can do. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL