Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the daily life of a free user

2»

Comments

• RahyuhtRahyuht Member Posts: 47

This game Isn't that bad.I've restarted a few times to change to the winning sides of the war.After using a few Certifications you start to notice a change.Like upgrading your armor.I can take more shots & kill more.Also your not or nobody Is a one man War (Rambo) I figured this out really fast.You will die & often.That's what a Sunderer Is for.You can help turn the tide & keep pushing like everyone else Is trying to do.Also watch where your walking Snipers & the rest of the 2000 people are after you.Don't stand on landing pads either.I'm not a good pilot & crash alot but awesome In a tank so stick to something your good at.When you have enough resourse & they regain pretty fast you can try to practice flying.The Space key Is accend lol.

I have pretty fun & I'm sure later on I'll have more Certs Is a pain kinda earning more because I'm learning how to kill more.Last night I took my tank & ran over like 20 players so I learn new things daily.After earning more skills & weapons It will be a blast.I play for hours sometimes.Low level atm cuz I restarted once or twice & finally got used to & play good as a Heavy Assault.

Good Game.

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Did you really just type that you restart to change sides to the winning side?  LOL  

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783

I found this and maybe it will help others. It doesn't help the rendering issues of the client but it can really raise your fps and make the game more appealing. You need to locate your useroptions.ini file. On windows 7 it is located at: C:UsersPublicSony Online EntertainmentInstalled GamesPlanetSide 2

Below is the first two sections you really need to worry about. In the display section the big one in there is RenderQuality. Until they get the game optomized better, it is suggested that you lower the renderquality down some. On full it is listed as 1.000000 Below you will notice mine is setting at 90%. Most folks you have low fps have been reporting setting this to around 85%, At 85% on my rig, my fps will sit at 100fps almost all the time. Now in the rendering section, just so you know what the numbers mean.

0= Off ,1=low , 2=medium , 3=High , 4=Ultra high.

0 and 4 can not be attained through the user interface. it will only go to low or high. To get to ultra you have to edit the ini and put 4 in there or to turn something off you have to set it to 0

You will have to play with these settings to see what works best for you. With the settings below, I get around a constant 40-50fps. That is on a i7 920 @ 2.67ghz 12gig of ram and a gtx285 nvidia card. What I found that works best for me visual wise and to get my fps to around 75fps most of the time and in large battles down aroung 50-60 is to do the following. All lighting stuff, set to 0. Turn it off, not needed. The rest of the ones listed under UseLod0a=0 I would set them all to 2 and start from there. Keep model quality at 4, it makes the user models look very nice. So with this setup, you can have some nice eyecandy and still get good fps. Also note, renderdistance. this is another big one due to the crappy job they have done on optomizing the game. Set it to around 1000 or 1005 like I have it set in mine. Its really the max distance anyone can see you at and having it go any further then that, really starts to hurt your fps.

Another thing to note, when you set anything to 4, when you look in your settings while in game, those that are set to 4 will be blank, due to the game not allowing ultra high in the user interface. You can get a great blend of eye candy and fps by playing with these settings, just have to find what works best for you. This wont help with the engines rendering issues of people near you disappearing or just not even showing on your screen, thats a problem with the engine, but it does make the game a lot more enjoyable.

[Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximized=0
    RenderQuality=0.900000
    FullscreenWidth=1920
    FullscreenHeight=1200
    WindowedWidth=1024
    WindowedHeight=768
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=4
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=0
    RenderDistance=1005.000000
    Gamma=0.300000
    MaximumFPS=250
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=1
    LightingQuality=4
    EffectsQuality=4
    TerrainQuality=4
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=4
    VerticalFOV=74
    ParticleLOD=4
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=0
    AO=0
    GpuPhysics=1

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by DoomsDay01

0 and 4 can not be attained through the user interface. it will only go to low or high. To get to ultra you have to edit the ini and put 4 in there or to turn something off you have to set it to 0

This isn't the case with some settings, such as texturequality, lightingquality and particlesLOD, high for lightning and particles is 2 and high for texture is 1, I'm not even sure if 4 works on them. Some people say they use 5 but 5 is the same as -1 (default).

As for referdistance, i've played with 750, 1000, 1250, 1500, 2000 and there's VERY little change in fps, 750 is terrible for when you're dropping in a pod as the ground is completely white until you're close (and too late to reposition your pod) and 750 can be a problem when using anti-air. For nwo I'm using 1500.

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

Originally posted by DoomsDay01

This isn't the case with some settings, such as texturequality, lightingquality and particlesLOD, high for lightning and particles is 2 and high for texture is 1, I'm not even sure if 4 works on them. Some people say they use 5 but 5 is the same as -1 (default).

As for referdistance, i've played with 750, 1000, 1250, 1500, 2000 and there's VERY little change in fps, 750 is terrible for when you're dropping in a pod as the ground is completely white until you're close (and too late to reposition your pod) and 750 can be a problem when using anti-air. For nwo I'm using 1500.

You are right, when I said it, I was meaning the settings for the small section in renduring. I had to play with the settings as I could not find any posts that actually stated what they did so I thought I would post my findings to help others out.