Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DarkFall not working for a lot of people!

Dark_HUmarDark_HUmar Member UncommonPosts: 200
DarkFall UW is not working for a lot of people mainly with Windows 8! Just reading the official forum! Bummer I have Windows 8 and its also not working for me! (Lets hope they will fix this and won't delay beta !)

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Vista 64 and no problems so far.  Downloaded the client then I logged in and it is now patching.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Dark_HUmar
    DarkFall UW is not working for a lot of people mainly with Windows 8! Just reading the official forum! Bummer I have Windows 8 and its also not working for me! (Lets hope they will fix this and won't delay beta !)

dual boot windows 7 then ..

• MelgarothMelgaroth Member UncommonPosts: 42
    I keep getting a login server error.
  • dunemeerlindunemeerlin Member Posts: 18
    Be happy you can at least download the client.  Website isn't loading for me.
  • FlarglegumpFlarglegump Member Posts: 8

use a real OS maybe? :p

you can download it

http://www.eu1.darkfallonline.com/dl/DFUW.exe

• vwmafiavwmafia Member UncommonPosts: 21
    login servers are probably offline?
  • RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249
    cant download client and cant pre order... been trying every 2-3 hours everydays
  • sintenal84ksintenal84k Member Posts: 17

How much is the pre order, their website is really lagged up atm...

• Dark_HUmarDark_HUmar Member UncommonPosts: 200
    We are not jumping to any conclution! Its not working, and yes we have till monday, but be honest you really think they will fix it before monday! I don't think so!
  • FlarglegumpFlarglegump Member Posts: 8
    preorder is around 30 EUR if you are in EU/Asia/AU and 30 USD (I think) if you are in the Us
  • KalanderKalander Member UncommonPosts: 12

I dont know if this is the case, but i read about some games not being compatible with W8 or crashing a lot... maybe, MAYBE the first thing on beta is showing this problem.

• dunemeerlindunemeerlin Member Posts: 18
    Preorder is 30$ USD if you never bought the first Darkfall. All you have to do is sub, 15$, if you bought the first Darkfall.
    Originally posted by Caaahl
    We are not jumping to any conclution! Its not working, and yes we have till monday, but be honest you really think they will fix it before monday! I don't think so!

I have not much of a clue about programming, but since it is a beta build it might even be that the launcher is trying to get a connection right when you start it. Right now the flood gates are open with thousands trying to login/patch.

I'd just wait an hour or so and give it another try.

Will try that! I am just really excited waited for this for years :D

• HuntseckerHuntsecker Member Posts: 2

Not to piss on your bonfires, but I have windows 8 and it doesnt work, because I have a windows 7 vmware machine also running and ive installed it on there fine and it's patching.

so yeah windows 8 users unless you have a virtual machine handy or can duel boot will be highly unlikely that your playing come monday

Just to add to this for the nay sayers, the error being thrown is

The thread 0x2568 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    Unhandled exception at 0x0131970F in DFUWLobby.exe: 0xC000041D: An unhandled exception was encountered during a user callback.

• LacidiousLacidious Member UncommonPosts: 33

Win 8 works like a dream.

Compatability mode for win 7 and with admin rights.

• KedoremosKedoremos Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Originally posted by Lacidious

Win 8 works like a dream.

Compatability mode for win 7 and with admin rights.

I did that, it doesn't work.

The window opens up and then it crashes.

Could you please elaborate on what you've done to make this work?

Life of an MMORPG "addict"
    For 7 years, proving that if you quote "fuck" you won't get banned.

• KedoremosKedoremos Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Originally posted by Caaahl

I have not much of a clue about programming, but since it is a beta build it might even be that the launcher is trying to get a connection right when you start it. Right now the flood gates are open with thousands trying to login/patch.

I'd just wait an hour or so and give it another try.

This error doesn't feel like a network error. It feels more like something local. Network errors due to congestion would take much longer - up to a minute to time out. This happens immediately.

Life of an MMORPG "addict"
    For 7 years, proving that if you quote "fuck" you won't get banned.

• ewlinitisewlinitis Member Posts: 7

"you're all so pittiful, this is sad"

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    Easy ladies, it's just the download.
  • scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

windows 8: it's natural because it's a new OS. its going to have problems.

go back through every mmo released (in the past 6 months) and read the beta/launch threads and it will read like this one (with more rage).

calm yourselves, eat some cake. it will sort itself out :)

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Anyone making a torrent?  Download speeds are hellabad.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Account page goes down soon, lets hope a new installer!
  • wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

I cant even login to the account page or rather new account page now, as it says "your username can not contain those characters blah blah.." well my login usernam has an underscore from last web page account stuff was all ok but seems now its not allowed lol?

Or is it a case of just grabbing the client and logging in with your old purchased details?

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821
    Originally posted by scotty899

windows 8: it's natural because it's a new OS. its going to have problems.

Many are having the same problem with win 7, vista and XP.

• vwmafiavwmafia Member UncommonPosts: 21

This guy on the darkfall forums fixed the issue!

It works for me Win8pro 64x

All rights go to him

I FIXED IT !

rightclick icon on desktop
    -> properties -> execute minimized instead of window mode.
    -> start doubleclick the icon
    -> click on your launcher icon on the windows bar and see the launcher

there u go

ANG FRISST KINDER

Last edited by Ultimate Weapon; Today at 12:10 AM..