Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you play an MMO that didn't have jumping in it?

13»

Comments

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    I could of sworn we've had this conversation before...

One doesn't sing a song just once.

• FalconiumFalconium Member Posts: 20

The only two MMOs I play at the moment, Spiral Knights and Realm of the Mad God, don't include jumping.

So yes, I would.

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    Yes for some reason jumping makes it seem like you have more control over your character. More interaction on the gaming world somehow.

MurderHerd

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Icewhite

The anet devs got their revenge on the 'omg no jumping' complainers.

"Here you go: Now donkey-kong style jumping puzzles (just like the Grinders!) are a major part of the game that you all must endure."

I would assume, every time they see a post complaining about too many/too hard jumping puzzles, they now laugh their rocks off.

LOL'd for this one

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

I am not fond of lack of jumping in MMO's, it just detracts from the overall immersion when it feels like your character is nailed to the ground or has lead feet. I would try an MMO that didn't have jumping if the game sounded interesting, but to be honest I have never enjoyed any MMO without jumping that I tried and it wasn't just because of the lack of jumping.

The bunny hopping thing sucks though I will admit. Which is why jumping needs to be accompanied by a stamina mechanic.

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

Useless mechanic.

Few games actually use jumping in combat or as part of deungeon exploration or normal exploration.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

I would and have.  Lots of great games didn't have jumping.  For example, Europa Universalis II.

Oh, MMO, you say?  Well then, Guild Wars and Uncharted Waters Online didn't have jumping, and still turned out pretty well I'd say.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
        I've played several taht had no jumping and it doesn't really bother me much....In fact. I'd rather have no jumping than constant jumping which is what too many BGs end up being.